Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Whatever you think of Scholes,one thing is that he's far from cowardly. The chairman of that club interferes too much and Scholes has his principles and stood by by them,no point in staying in a job that's not working out.
    But your bias and hatred just compels you to make dick remarks to get thanks from the gang.

Where did you get all of that detail from? The one message Scholes posted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Chelsea
    Whatever you think of Scholes,one thing is that he's far from cowardly. The chairman of that club interferes too much and Scholes has his principles and stood by by them,no point in staying in a job that's not working out.
    But your bias and hatred just compels you to make dick remarks to get thanks from the gang.

When you leave a job at least have the decency to tell your boss face to face. Must have no guts to send a whattsapp message. It's very disrespectful and cowardly in my opinion.

No bias or hatred here. Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Man Utd

Seems to be FIFA's standard punishment, no matter what - exactly the same ban that was handed out to Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Chelsea
    Gutless sending a what's app, gutless player/gutless manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Chelsea
    Looking forward to Oldham v Wimbledon in the PL relegation battle this weekend

• Advertisement

• Spurs
    ricero wrote: »
    Resigned via WhatsApp. Such a cowardly act.
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    Gutless sending a what's app, gutless player/gutless manager

giphy.gif

• Spurs
    Looking forward to Oldham v Wimbledon in the PL relegation battle this weekend

Yea, I've not copped they were promoted all season. Anyone have Oldhams current league position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Man Utd

No manger should resign by wats ap .

Why not just give them a call or go see them ,

No matter the issue resigning by wats ap is very petty and you should hold yourself better ,

I'm pretty sure you'd agree if he wasn't a ex United player ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No matter the issue resigning by wats ap is very petty and you should hold yourself better ,

Maybe he should have used Viber.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Man Utd

It's OK though, because Scholsey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

There is a Football league thread that way
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Man Utd
    Maybe he should have used Viber.

No , he should actually just show some dignity and do it the correct way ,

Take away the mangers name ,who he played for and look at the incident objectively and you would agree,

I don't agree with people saying he is a coward and was coward of a player that's absolute nonsense to,

Sending a wat's app to resign is poor on Scholes part I don't think anyone can dispute that,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Man Utd
    None of this is PL related so lets nip it in the bud.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

A graphical representation of how much money clubs across Europe have spent in the last 28 years. Probably won't work if you don't have a twitter account.

https://twitter.com/PremLeaguePanel/status/1106874414874927104

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    superg wrote: »
    A graphical representation of how much money clubs across Europe have spent in the last 28 years. Probably won't work if you don't have a twitter account.

https://twitter.com/PremLeaguePanel/status/1106874414874927104

The Italian clubs stayed up there for a long time didn't they.

Yeah you can see how the era's of football success went over nearly 3 decades. Inter surprised me, a good bit ahead for a long time. Maybe Success is the wrong word cos I don't think they were that successful back then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    West Ham v Huddersfield is a bit mad - 3-3, the home side opened the scoring then went 1-3 down, Town should have just made it 3-4.

Edit Hernandez wins it for Hammers.

Burnley 1 - 2 Leicester City who have played almost the entire game with 10 men - McGuire went.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Man Utd
    Just realised that there are 3 ex-Liverpool managers in the PL - that's kind of unusual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Man Utd
    West Ham v Huddersfield is a bit mad - 3-3, the home side opened the scoring then went 1-3 down, Town should have just made it 3-4.

Edit Hernandez wins it for Hammers.

Burnley 1 - 2 Leicester City who have played almost the entire game with 10 men - McGuire went.

Burnley facing a battle to stay up now. Their game against Cardiff next month will be huge

Man Utd
    Newcastle equalise with the almost last shot of the game. Cherries 2 - 2 Magpies.

Rafa has his side on a fine if wobbly run of form

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Chelsea
    fyfe79 wrote: »
    Just realised that there are 3 ex-Liverpool managers in the PL - that's kind of unusual.

And not one of the 4 of them (when you include Klopp) has won a PL title..........................or likely will ; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Chelsea
    And not one of the 4 of them (when you include Klopp) has won a PL title..........................or likely will ; )

Big win for Liverpool today. Managed to pull the victory out of the bag but they should be beating a team like Fulham; arguably the worst team in the league, with more to spare. Just looked at the fixture list and have a feeling that the call to give the CL the same priority as the PL might come back to haunt them. Porto will be a an easy tie for Liverpool, for a CL quarter final but they have four tough must win PL games around those games.

Salah looks like he's running on fumes at the moment. Needs the upcoming break badly. Bet Klopp is over the moon that Eygpt have decided to blood young players in their international window.

Man Utd
    Chelsea are impossible to work out, Man Utd being given some needless help for a top four berth. Arsenal too of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chelsea
    Europa League might be Chelsea's best bet for a Champions League spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Chelsea
    Berserker wrote: »
    Big win for Liverpool today. Managed to pull the victory out of the bag but they should be beating a team like Fulham; arguably the worst team in the league, with more to spare. Just looked at the fixture list and have a feeling that the call to give the CL the same priority as the PL might come back to haunt them. Porto will be a an easy tie for Liverpool, for a CL quarter final but they have four tough must win PL games around those games.

Salah looks like he's running on fumes at the moment. Needs the upcoming break badly. Bet Klopp is over the moon that Eygpt have decided to blood young players in their international window.

It must be so frustrating for you that despite your near constant posts about Livepool and your clear will for them to fail, to see them top of table and with the "easiest" CL quarter final.

I will never understand why some people would rather see another team fail above seeing their own team succeed.

I honestly don't care about other teams, I like been a neutral when the team I support are not playing. It makes for a much more pleasurably viewing experience when you can analyze a game without prejudice.

It also means you can make clear predication about how the rest of the season may pan out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Man Utd
    Rumours doing the rounds that the new Spurs stadium may be called the Nike Stadium. Daniel Levy has denied that any deal has been agreed though.

https://news.sky.com/story/white-hart-lane-station-to-be-renamed-tottenham-hotspur-11669372

Doesn't affect me as an LFC fan cos we've played them away and won but I don't think they should be allowed in it this season. You play everyone at the same venue in the interests of fairness to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

blueser wrote: »
    Rumours doing the rounds that the new Spurs stadium may be called the Nike Stadium. Daniel Levy has denied that any deal has been agreed though.

https://news.sky.com/story/white-hart-lane-station-to-be-renamed-tottenham-hotspur-11669372

That's what's called 'flying a kite,' leak a story and see what the reaction is.
    Amazing in a way if TfL wanted 15 million to rename a train station. Bit extortionate I'd have thought, but dealing with the public service is the same the world over I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Man Utd
    blueser wrote: »

After the Greek goddess of victory of course. Nothing to do with runners; perish the thought...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea
    That Nike story has being doing the rounds for awhile now.

Chelsea
    It is pretty obvious and hardly odd that it will bare a sponsors name. Any new stadium will do the same. It is impossible to not these days.
    Spurs just biding their time on the best deal. The fact they called it Tottenham Hotspur Stadium was to buy more time.
    Nike stadium sounds awful though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    Nike stadium sounds awful though.

The "Just Do It Stadium"

Chelsea
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    The "Just Do It Stadium"

The "Never Quite Do It" Stadium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Man Utd
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    The "Just Do It Stadium"

The “Just Blew It” Stadium

Chelsea
    martyos121 wrote: »
    The “Just Blew It” Stadium

Liverpool fan!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Man Utd
    I find it funny how fans of teams take everything so personally like they have a stake in the club or something.
    Why do you need to get over in endless childishness? Like you have threads for your club pretty much all to yourselves.
    All the sniping just clogs up threads and makes it difficult to read the sensible stuff.

The Liverpool thread has continual visits from United fans so not really, although they haven't been popping in lately since the blip began. I'm sure their thread has LFC fans in it plenty too though. Both claim to hate each other yet always want to be around each other!

Man Utd
    Liverpool fan!!!

I can nearly smell the obsession in that post. This discussion/joke is about Tottenham and their new stadium, why do you insist on dragging another team into it for the sake of it? What does it achieve, a few thanks from the group?

Every topic in here doesn’t have to revolve around United or Liverpool. Whether my pun was funny or not, it was aimed playfully at Tottenham, I don’t get why a United fan has to take offence to a joke made by a Liverpool fan about another team, purely because it’s posted by a Liverpool fan? Tribalist bullshît.

Chelsea
    I can nearly smell the obsession in that post. .

man, it was a friendly joke retort! Sort of a joke I would assume anyone could handle.I am not even going to read beyond the first line of that response as I anticipate where it is heading! Like obsession with bloody what!

Don't take yourself so seriously.

Man Utd
    Senior figures at Chelsea have held discussions about Sarri’s future at Chelsea, according to SSN. Surely he should be given the rest of the season at least?

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    man, it was a friendly joke! I am not even going to read beyond the first line of that response as I anticipate where it is heading! Like obsession with bloody what!

Don't take yourself so seriously.

Fair enough, I probably overreacted in that case. I just don’t see the point in your joke, I post enough about other teams and leagues enough that not everything I say should be pointed back towards the team I support.

Chelsea
    Fair enough, I probably overreacted in that case. I just don’t see the point in your joke, I post enough about other teams and leagues enough that not everything I say should be pointed back towards the team I support.

Not you specifically in any sense, its a common thing, but I sometimes look at these responses and wonder is that how people react with a little jibe by their mates in real life!
    :D
    Again, I mean that in a jestful reply! Hard to translate tone on a keyboard, I accept!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The only thread the Utd and Liverpool fans don’t ruin is the LOI one

Surprised they haven’t managed that yet

Senior figures at Chelsea have held discussions about Sarri’s future at Chelsea, according to SSN. Surely he should be given the rest of the season at least?

They can sack him after they come to Anfield!

Seriously though if they were going to why wait, can only be their continued participation in the Europa league that means they haven't. Or maybe Guus Hiddink is busy.

Man Utd
    We hate non sequiturs.

But we like Sarri don't sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Chelsea

Hopefully they will wait until after the Liverpool game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

martyos121 wrote:

I for one think its unfair to sack him before the liverpool match. I mean city had that advantage so why dont we?

*joke. Considering the always about liverpool or united talk. Jesus its not funny when i have to explain stuff. Maybe i should just not post it....... ill have a think about it. Just save it here in this thread for awhile. Must remember to get milk for my shreddies in the morning. Oh and eggs and nipple cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

With the international break coming up,I reckon the hierarchy at Chelsea will see it as the ideal time to sack Sarri and bring in either a permanent (or as permanent as it gets at Chelsea) or an interim manager until the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Chelsea
    Give it to Terry till end of season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Southampton

Looking for the old new manager bounce to try get 4th maybe.

What's that coming out of the blinding sun? Jose on a white horse.

On spurs, thought they weren't allowed to move stadiums mid season? (Anyone obviously, not just spurs :) )

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement