Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Chelsea
    Fancy Liverpool to win. Hope not though.

Keen to see how Sissoko fares in the midfield battle.

Surely, as a United fan, this is one fixture you would surely prefer Spurs to drop points in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Fulham
    Surely, as a United fan, this is one fixture you would surely prefer Spurs to drop points in?

Looks like a lot of united fans are more worried about bragging rights then what might be better for united.

I’d rather have a better chance of CL football with a Pool win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Brighton
    Lovely move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chelsea

I'd prefer a draw. Not looking too likely atm though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Too honest for his own good Mo Salah should've went down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Man Utd

Spurs looking a bit tired and playing VERY deep. Kane looking very isolated on his own up top too. Liverpool a goal up and looking comfortable.

Chelsea
    Drumpot wrote: »
    Looks like a lot of united fans are more worried about bragging rights then what might be better for united.

I’d rather have a better chance of CL football with a Pool win.

I am a United fan and not ashamed to say that Liverpool winning the league, although it would be on merit if they do, would be very irritating but this is one fixture, given how significant it will be on the Top 4 standings, that I will take a Liverpool win. Even if they do win, it is still in City's hands anyway.

Chelsea

It is going to come down to a few points between 3rd and 6th, Spurs taking even a point here could probably be significant.

Fulham
    I am a United fan and not ashamed to say that Liverpool winning the league, although it would be on merit if they do, would be very irritating but this is one fixture, given how significant it will be on the Top 4 standings, that I will take a Liverpool win. Even if they do win, it is still in City's hands anyway.

I’m not sure any united fan wouldn’t be irritated on some level with a Pool league victory. But I’m with you on this, this game will not be the reason they win the league and it’s better for United that Liverpool win. Personally I think it’s better for football that Liverpool win the league but can’t bring myself to actually want them to win for the same reason as others.

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    It is going to come down to a few points between 3rd and 6th, Spurs taking even a point here could probably be significant.

For me, having to endure Liverpool winning the Premier League is more significant than a season outside the Champions League. I've coped with the latter before; I've never had to witness the former.

That said, Spurs winning today doesn't help United's European prospects so a draw seems to me the best possible outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

For me, having to endure Liverpool winning the Premier League is more significant than a season outside the Champions League. I've coped with the latter before; I've never had to witness the former.

That said, Spurs winning today doesn't help United's European prospects so a draw seems to me the best possible outcome.

Wow.

I would never ever trade CL football to see another team not win a league.

Chelsea
    noodler wrote: »
    Wow.

I would never ever trade CL football to see another team not win a league.

United can get CL football by winning the competition itself. While it's highly unlikely, the team's destiny is still in its own hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Chelsea

Spurs won't win this game today. I wouldn't be worrying about that. Not so sure about Liverpool not winning the league. Man City are a better team but I said that Liverpool will win it all along and I still think that'll be the case. Man City will drop points but Liverpool will win every game, including today.

Chelsea
    United can get CL football by winning the competition itself. While it's highly unlikely, the team's destiny is still in its own hands.

You are losing it today MNG !

Chelsea
    You are losing it today MNG !

I think most United fans would agree with me. You're wanting Liverpool to win one of their toughest fixtures in a title run-in for goodness sake.

• Advertisement

Brighton
    On mother's day...time for Son.

Chelsea
    I think most United fans would agree with me. You're wanting Liverpool to win one of their toughest fixtures in a title run-in for goodness sake.

Most United fans do not think that CL football is in their hands if Spurs win or even get a draw today, very naive if they do.

Man Utd
    Spurs are just so shît today in the final third, they bossed significant parts of the game yet when they get into a clear attacking position with plenty of bodies there is nothing close to a quality final ball or indeed the vision to hurt Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

So you will be hoping City beat you in the Derby?

Chelsea
    MOURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Jesus that was a hell of a goal !

Chelsea
    Most United fans do not think that CL football is in their hands if Spurs win or even get a draw today, very naive if they do.

It's the reality. If you win the Champions League you get CL football. United are in the last 8 of the competition so it is in the club's own hands.
    So you will be hoping City beat you in the Derby?

I'm hoping I won't have to contemplate that.

Chelsea
    Massive 20 mins coming up here. Liverpool need to find a win here. Wasn't expecting this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Man Utd
    Some ball from Kane to set that up. Next 20 minutes are huge for Liverpool. Think they go on to win the league with 3 points here

Brighton
    Well deserved.

Man Utd
    Some game of football this now. Must be the most exciting climax to a season in years. Brilliant stuff.

Man Utd
    Strong from Toby he looked second favourite there

Chelsea
    Liverpool will find a late winner.

If Van Dijk is the one to do it then he should wrap up the Player of the Year award. Might be the moment Salah returns to form with a goal.

Chelsea
    Terrible effort from Sissoko.

Fulham
    Terrible effort from Sissoko.

And Brilliant defending from VVD. Forced him to take the shot which he clearly don’t want to do.

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Sissoko just saved Pool’s title challenge but VVD did well to make him the player to take on the chance. He had done all the hard work

Chelsea
    Spurs wasting chances to kill it off. All set up for the inevitable stoppage time Liverpool winner.

Man Utd
    Jesus only two goals but this is an EPIC game of football by both sides.

Chelsea
    Liverpool will find a late winner.

If Van Dijk is the one to do it then he should wrap up the Player of the Year award. Might be the moment Salah returns to form with a goal.

I wouldn't count that as a return to form. Hasn't been good today. Wasn't good against Fulham last week either.

Chelsea
    Knew it.

Man Utd
    Jesus ! You couldn’t script it

Man Utd
    Spurs butchering chances here.

Chelsea
    Wonder did The Talking Bread celebrate that goal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllldddddderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrwwwwwwwwwwwieeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllldddddddddddddddd.

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    League over. Not a hope in hell that Liverpool won't win the title. This is like the Leicester season when it comes to things go right for a team.

Man Utd
    What an awful ****e goal to concede. Brutal stuff

Offside??

Man Utd
    Toby looking accross at the assistant with a look on his face that said...” errr can you be offside when you score an og ? “ ��

Brighton
    If Liverpool win the league about 74 opposition goalkeepers deserve a medal.

Chelsea
    What an awful ****e goal to concede. Brutal stuff

Offside??

For an OG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chelsea
    Lloris is clearly back on the drink.

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Berserker wrote: »
    For an OG?

Initial cross to Salah? No replays on my stream

Chelsea
    Berserker wrote: »
    League over. Not a hope in hell that Liverpool won't win the title. This is like the Leicester season when it comes to things go right for a team. Has to be one of the luckiest teams of all time.

Yep. Too many moments that show it's their year like this one and the freak goal against Everton.

I reckon City's challenge will come unstuck at the hands of Hodgson away at Palace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Man Utd
    Salah did look a mile offside.

Chelsea
    If Liverpool win the league about 74 opposition goalkeepers deserve a medal.

It'll be next season by the time the medal ceremony is over if we do that.
    Initial cross to Salah? No replays on my stream

Not interfering with play, I suspect but do you seriously think an official is going to disallow that goal at the KOP end anyway?

Man Utd
    Lloris was brutal for that as well. Catch that tame header ffs

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement