Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chelsea
    noodler wrote: »
    You have this absolutely, positively arse ways.

No, I don't.

Sounds like you are desperate for a few thanks with your hilarious one-liner. Someone indulge him, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

No, I don't.

Sounds like you are desperate for a few thanks with your hilarious one-liner. Someone indulge him, please.

"we are man Utd"

"when did we start being happy that a result might get us higher up the table".

"we're supposed to hate Liverpool more than doing what's best for our club"

That's an apt enough summary of the absolute ****e you are sporting this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

United haven’t won a league in six years now. The rot sets in sooner than you can imagine. Every position in the table should matter, and building a consistent platform in the CL is a priority. We did you a massive favour this afternoon, make no mistake about it.

Chelsea
    "we are man Utd"

"when did we start being happy that a result might get us higher up the table".

"we're supposed to hate Liverpool more than doing what's best for our club"

That's an apt enough summary of the absolute ****e you are sporting this evening.

Yet again no effort to engage at all, just some more digs. Must have struck a nerve.

Why not try quoting the things I actually say, or would that hurt your efforts to curry favour for a few thanks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Chelsea
    Sorry my opinion on this makes you sad. You aren't the spokesman for "proper United fans", as emotive as you may be on the subject. The league is still out of their hands
    Liverpool didn't win the title today, United didn't take get CL football.
    Missing out on CL football this season could have a massive knock on effect. If you want Utd to get back into a position of dominating the PL, you will need them to attract the best players. A season out of the CL could lead to another season out of same. You will have players like Pogba and de Gea jumping ship then.

I don't want Liverpool to win the league but I consider myself a "proper fan" (in my own definition) because I want the team to start building its own dominance again.

If you think that is sad, so be it.

You would swear fans that disagree with you were singing YNWA at full time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Yet again no effort to engage at all, just some more digs. Must have struck a nerve.

Why not try quoting the things I actually say, or would that hurt your efforts to curry favour for a few thanks?

Oh save it, he’s directly addressed your posting from today head on. You simply don’t like his analysis or conclusion, hey ho.

Chelsea
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    United haven’t won a league in six years now. The rot sets in sooner than you can imagine. Every position in the table should matter, and building a consistent platform in the CL is a priority. We did you a massive favour this afternoon, make no mistake about it.

Some sort of rot has set in if a team can go from finishing second and having hopes in the summer of a title challenge, to being thrilled about potentially being fourth even if it means watching your main rival break a thirty year odd dry spell for a first Premier League.

Liverpool winning the title would be worse than United finishing fifth. Make no mistake about that. No United fan will care where the team finished in 18-19 in a few years.
    LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Oh save it, he’s directly addressed your posting from today head on. You simply don’t like his analysis or conclusion, hey ho.

Where was it addressed?

Chelsea
    Sorry my opinion on this makes you sad. You aren't the spokesman for "proper United fans", as emotive as you may be on the subject. The league is still out of their hands
    Liverpool didn't win the title today, United didn't take get CL football.
    Missing out on CL football this season could have a massive knock on effect. If you want Utd to get back into a position of dominating the PL, you will need them to attract the best players. A season out of the CL could lead to another season out of same. You will have players like Pogba and de Gea jumping ship then.

I don't want Liverpool to win the league but I consider myself a "proper fan" (in my own definition) because I want the team to start building its own dominance again.

If you think that is sad, so be it.

You would swear fans that disagree with you were singing YNWA at full time.

You consider yourself a proper fan and feel it's okay for you to have a say on what is more significant for United fans, but I'm not afforded the same courtesy? You were the one that originally kicked off the discussion, querying me not wanting a Liverpool win this afternoon - think about that btw.

What I think is sad is that you wanted Liverpool to win their most difficult obstacle on the way to an unprecedented Premier League win because it would help United avoid finishing outside the top four - something United fans have already experienced.

It is obvious what the worst outcome would be. I have never seen Liverpool win a Premier League and would prefer to keep it that way. I think most United fans would agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Southampton, watford and west ham all fielded weakened teams against City to target their next game.

Dont forget everton
    eigrod wrote:
    City will win that game no matter what the circumstances.

Why even bother playing the game so? In fact go through their remaining games there, pick out the ones that they will win anyway and just give them the points. No point in playing those games.

Thank christ you didnt have that power over christmas or they wouldnt have lost those games.

Its pathetic that a manager will field a weakened side and then everyone glosses over it because they would win anyway. I hope warnock losses his job. The sooner he is out of the game the better.

Liverpool winning the title would be worse than United finishing fifth. Make no mistake about that. No United fan will care where the team finished in 18-19 in a few years.

Your a fan of not liking liverpool more than a fan of united. Thats sad.

I couldnt give a toss if ye won the champions league as long as we did well ourselves. When ye lose and when ye go through a bad manager i giggle. No more no less. I giggle because its the crap we went through also. Did i ever obsess about ye overtaking our 18? Did i care when ye won the champions league? No. Yet we liverpool fans are the so called obsessed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Man Utd
    Some sort of rot has set in if a team can go from finishing second and having hopes in the summer of a title challenge, to being thrilled about potentially being fourth even if it means watching your main rival break a thirty year odd dry spell for a first Premier League.

Where was it addressed?

You have such a small time attitude.

I consider any "fan" that would rather see their own team lose than win in any situation to be pathetic.

I'm shocked at how prevalent these attitudes are. Probably down to the internet banter culture. Might aswell buy a season ticket to your rivals stadium and boo them as it appears your rivals losing is more important than your own team being more successful.

Chelsea
    Mr.H wrote: »
    Your a fan of not liking liverpool more than a fan of united. Thats sad.

I couldnt give a toss if ye won the champions league as long as we did well ourselves. When ye lose and when ye go through a bad manager i giggle. No more no less. I giggle because its the crap we went through also. Did i ever obsess about ye overtaking our 18? Did i care when ye won the champions league? No. Yet we liverpool fans are the so called obsessed.
    magma69 wrote:
    You have such a small time attitude.

I consider any "fan" that would rather see their own team lose than win in any situation to be pathetic.

I'm shocked at how prevalent these attitudes are. Probably down to the internet banter culture. Might aswell buy a season ticket to your rivals stadium and boo them as it appears your rivals losing is more important than your own team being more successful.

Kenny Dalglish in his autobiography talks about the last day of the 95 Premier League season when Blackburn went to Anfield, with Liverpool knowing they could potentially help United win the league with a result against their former manager's side.

Dalglish mentions how he got updates on the United game from a Liverpool fan in the first half. At half-time he looked for the same fan who was now wearing a Blackburn Rovers jersey. That's right, rooting against his own team.

Spare me the holier than thou attitudes.

Yea your right. Liverpool failing is way better than united having success.

You are the worst kind of fan. I mean worst. Horrible sunshine supporter who is obsessed.

Not an opinion. Its your admittance.

Man Utd
    Kenny Dalglish in his autobiography talks about the last day of the 95 Premier League season when Blackburn went to Anfield, with Liverpool knowing they could potentially help United win the league with a result against their former manager's side.

Dalglish mentions how he got updates on the United game from a Liverpool fan in the first half. At half-time he looked for the same fan who was now wearing a Blackburn Rovers jersey. That's right, rooting against his own team.

I said I consider any fan like that pathetic so obviously that includes that guy you mentioned.

It's utterly embarrassing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    Appalling isn't it? The logic is that if this situation was to occur say next season he'll be hoping that Utd end up in the losers lounge again. A bizarre obsession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Man Utd
    Does anyone remember when Blackpool where fined for playing a weakened team in the Prem ,

Cant see how Warnock is aloud say that and the club not be fined after FA cup fined Blackpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Man Utd

Which book? I know you said his autobiography but think there is 2, never read it but interested now.
    Does anyone remember when Blackpool where fined for playing a weakened team in the Prem ,

Cant see how Warnock is aloud say that and the club not be fined after FA cup fined Blackpool

Honestly the fine was the problem, Warnock is just trying to get at Liverpool with his comments but if he feels a result again Burnley is more achievable by resting players he should be allowed do it.

Chelsea
    Yea your right. Liverpool failing is way better than united having success.

You are the worst kind of fan. I mean worst. Horrible sunshine supporter who is obsessed.

Not an opinion. Its your admittance.

Ha, success! Finishing third or fourth is not success for Manchester United.

You are the worst kind of supporter, mate. Completely drunk on the Sky hype.

Of course if I asked you to name every side that finished in the top four in the past decade you'd know it without having to Google it, right? All those 'success stories'!
    magma69 wrote:
    It's utterly embarrassing stuff.

Is it also embarrassing when Liverpool fans on this forum flood into United threads to gloat whenever the team suffers a poor result?
    mightyreds wrote:
    Which book? I know you said his autobiography but think there is 2, never read it but interested now.

Think it was just called My Autobiography if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Chelsea

Honestl even if true who really gives a xxxxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Man Utd
    This is a bigger meltdown than what happened in chernobyl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd

Finishing 5th or 6th certainly isn't either but the consequences are much bigger if it happens more than rarely. Chelsea are starting to find this out I think. For all the money they've spent on Kepa and Jorginho not to mention Pulisic for whom they madly overpaid they have the whiff of a side that has plateaued.

Chelsea
    Mr Nicccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ain't being so nice tonight!

Man Utd
    Is it also embarrassing when Liverpool fans on this forum flood into United threads to gloat whenever the team suffers a poor result?

Its embarrassing for any so called fan to not want their team to win.

There's a difference between enjoying a rival losing and actively not wanting your team to win a match.

Any fan that does that is an absolute disgrace in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Arsenal to finish 3rd United 4th, Spurs win the CL and Chelsea with the EL after United laying down for City and then lose out on the CL because of it

Chelsea
    Finishing 5th or 6th certainly isn't either but the consequences are much bigger if it happens more than rarely. Chelsea are starting to find this out I think. For all the money they've spent on Kepa and Jorginho not to mention Pulisic for whom they madly overpaid they have the whiff of a side that has plateaued.

Chelsea finished 10th in the 15-16 season and the following season they won the title. Their big signing was Kante from Leicester, who left the reigning champions to go to them.

And Leicester are a good example of the problems of the Champions League hype. Their appearance in the competition didn't lead to new and exciting times. Normal service was soon resumed.

I do think Chelsea will struggle if the transfer ban is upheld, but if a side has enough money to be competitive in the market outside the Champions League then a season in the Europa League is not the end of the world.
    Mr Nicccccccccccccccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ain't being so nice tonight!

I think I've been rather restrained in the face of some rather cranky contributors. Must be the weekend blues.
    magma69 wrote:
    Its embarrassing for any so called fan to not want their team to win.

There's a difference between enjoying a rival losing and actively not wanting your team to win a match.

Any fan that does that is an absolute disgrace in my opinion.

My team wasn't playing. You know I'm not a Spurs fan, right?

Just so I have it straight, it's okay for me to not want a rival team to win a match - and gloat about it afterwards if they don't - but if I don't want them to win a title, and break a thirty year drought in the process, then it's disgraceful? Have I got that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Man Utd
    Try looking at the picture.

Yeah and I did. Each of the top 6 clubs revenue has grown over the last ten years. Some clubs more than others. However they all didn’t start with the same revenue ten years ago, so other clubs had more room to grow. So Arsenal are a disgrace, because their overall revenue has increased 84% over the last 10 years? Ok. Is this some kind of alternative table that Liverpool fans are fond of? Well done, pat on the back.

Chelsea finished 10th in the 15-16 season and the following season they won the title. Their big signing was Kante from Leicester, who left the reigning champions to go to them.

And Leicester are a good example of the problems of the Champions League hype. Their appearance in the competition didn't lead to new and exciting times. Normal service was soon resumed.

I do think Chelsea will struggle if the transfer ban is upheld, but if a side has enough money to be competitive in the market outside the Champions League then a season in the Europa League is not the end of the world.

I think I've been rather restrained in the face of some rather cranky contributors. Must be the weekend blues.

Just so I have it straight, it's okay for me to not want a rival team to win a match - and gloat about it afterwards if they don't - but if I don't want them to win a title, and break a thirty year drought in the process, then it's disgraceful? Have I got that right?

Only when you want it to the detriment of your own team's results.

To be clear, will you want utd to let City beat them if top four is secure?

Even if it's not secure?

Chelsea
    That Daglish tale is a typical book selling yarn that probably never happened. But even if it did, Liverpool had absolutely nothing to play for that day so their fans could afford to be a bit bitter in wanting circumstances to prevail where an increasingly smug United (and I am a United fan myself) didn't win the league.
    I would 100% have been cheering on Spurs, if the result had no impact on us. That is the difference here. Your using the top 4 means nothing argument but at this junction and with City and Liverpool seemingly a good step ahead of United, this Summer is vital with regard squad reform. I honestly have faith in City still winning the league, the far lesser of two evils anyway. Maybe that's why I wasn't so mentally affected by today's result.

Man Utd

This is like talking to a brick wall. I couldn't have made my point any clearer. You seem desperate to justify not wanting your team to do the best they can. You can cheer whoever you like. And I'll consider you a terrible so called fan for it.

Bye.

• Advertisement

You are the worst kind of supporter, mate. Completely drunk on the Sky hype.

Good one. I bet your the wittiest one at school arent you.

I want my team to be successful. That is my motivation.

Your motivation which you have admitted, is for liverpool not to be successful.

Yet i am the worst kind of supporter?

Yea your right. Europa league is where man united belong and not champions league. Your a joke mate.

I am a liverpool fan and ironically i have more respect for your so called club than you do.

You said that liverpool winning the title would be worse than united finishing 5th. So you would enjoy united playing in a mediocre competition just so liverpool wouldnt win.

Yea its disgraceful. You dont give a **** about united. You prefer to support them just so you have something tangible to cling on to when your making banter at work. Maybe you just dont think you are interesting? Maybe you just want to belong and thats why you pretend to follow any team but really its the rivallery you like more than the actual football? Or maybe you just like to wum and get caught saying stupid things that make you look ridiculous?

Here is one for you from "the worst type of fan". I couldnt care less if ye won the champions league this season. I just care that we fight for the title with every fibre in our being. I just hope that none of our fans waste one thought on how man united are doing. Because i support my team. I dont just wait for ye to fail. Of course fans like you are why humility is very much needed.

Chelsea

Even if it's not secure?

My own team aren't winning the league and finishing third or fourth is not a success to Man United, any more than it would be for Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc, so I am not as concerned as others seem to be. United can still reach the Champions League next season through the competition itself as I pointed out earlier. It is in United's hands what happens.

As regards your hypothetical, as I said earlier I don't want to contemplate it. If I asked you with regards the Irish national team - hypothetically speaking - if England winning a World Cup were to aid Ireland's chances of reaching the finals, perhaps through more places being opened up for UEFA, would you support them winning it? If the answer is no, would that make you a bad fan?
    That Daglish tale is a typical book selling yarn that probably never happened. But even if it did, Liverpool had absolutely nothing to play for that day so their fans could afford to be a bit bitter in wanting circumstances to prevail where an increasingly smug United (and I am a United fan myself) didn't win the league.
    I would 100% have been cheering on Spurs, if the result had no impact on us. That is the difference here. Your using the top 4 means nothing argument but at this junction and with City and Liverpool seemingly a good step ahead of United, this Summer is vital with regard squad reform. I honestly have faith in City still winning the league, the far lesser of two evils anyway. Maybe that's why I wasn't so mentally affected by today's result.

But there were fans that day wanting their team to lose which is worse than not wanting a result that only might aid a team's chances. You conceded that yourself earlier when you said
    Spurs taking even a point here could probably be significant

'Could', 'probably', it's all unclear. Would you agree with me that a team with Liverpool's record is much less likely to drop points as compared to one with Spurs' record?

With the amount of points Spurs are dropping, it is reasonable to think they'll drop points elsewhere. Hard to think that about Liverpool given how good they've been.

I don't have faith in City winning the league and backed Liverpool to win it since even before the season. Perhaps that's partly why we have different takes on this.
    magma69 wrote:
    This is like talking to a brick wall. I couldn't have made my point any clearer. You seem desperate to justify not wanting your team to do the best they can. You can cheer whoever you like. And I'll consider you a terrible so called fan for it.

Bye.

I'm not desperate to justify anything. I was curious to understand where you were coming from. The fact you're unwilling or unable to do so suggests to me you've realised the holes in your own logic.
    Mr. H wrote:

I never admitted my motivation was for Liverpool to be unsuccessful. I suspect you know that full well.

We seem to have different concepts of success. Finishing fourth in a race is not my idea of success.
    Mr. H wrote:
    You said that liverpool winning the title would be worse than united finishing 5th. So you would enjoy united playing in a mediocre competition just so liverpool wouldnt win.

Yea its disgraceful. You dont give a **** about united. You prefer to support them just so you have something tangible to cling on to when your making banter at work. Maybe you just dont think you are interesting? Maybe you just want to belong and thats why you pretend to follow any team but really its the rivallery you like more than the actual football? Or maybe you just like to wum and get caught saying stupid things that make you look ridiculous?

Here is one for you from "the worst type of fan". I couldnt care less if ye won the champions league this season. I just care that we fight for the title with every fibre in our being. I just hope that none of our fans waste one thought on how man united are doing. Because i support my team. I dont just wait for ye to fail. Of course fans like you are why humility is very much needed.

Before I respond can I ask is this yourself in January of last year wanting Spurs to beat United, even though by doing so it would potentially hurt Liverpool's top 4 chances:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106002616&postcount=9637

Here is the page in the Liverpool thread if you need a reminder:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057823131&page=643

It begins with Fred asking Liverpool fans if they want United to beat Spurs at the following night. The match was on January 31st, 2018. (Spurs would win it 2-0)

You wouldn't be a staggering hypocrite, by any chance?

God you are lost.

Chelsea
    God you are lost.

Back to the one-liners, huh? Not quite as aggressive as the previous ones at least.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Even if it's not secure?

My own team aren't winning the league and finishing third or fourth is not a success to Man United, any more than it would be for Madrid, Barca, Bayern etc, so I am not as concerned as others seem to be. United can still reach the Champions League next season through the competition itself as I pointed out earlier. It is in United's hands what happens.

As regards your hypothetical, as I said earlier I don't want to contemplate it. If I asked you with regards the Irish national team - hypothetically speaking - if England winning a World Cup were to aid Ireland's chances of reaching the finals, perhaps through more places being opened up for UEFA, would you support them winning it? If the answer is no, would that make you a bad fan?

But there were fans that day wanting their team to lose which is worse than not wanting a result that only might aid a team's chances. You conceded that yourself earlier when you said
    Spurs taking even a point here could probably be significant

'Could', 'probably', it's all unclear. Would you agree with me that a team with Liverpool's record is much less likely to drop points as compared to one with Spurs' record?

With the amount of points Spurs are dropping, it is reasonable to think they'll drop points elsewhere. Hard to think that about Liverpool given how good they've been.

I don't have faith in City winning the league and backed Liverpool to win it since even before the season. Perhaps that's partly why we have different takes on this.
    magma69 wrote:

Bye.

I'm not desperate to justify anything. I was curious to understand where you were coming from. The fact you're unwilling or unable to do so suggests to me you've realised the holes in your own logic.
    Mr. H wrote:

I never admitted my motivation was for Liverpool to be unsuccessful. I suspect you know that full well.

We seem to have different concepts of success. Finishing fourth in a race is not my idea of success.
    Mr. H wrote:

Before I respond can I ask is this yourself in January of last year wanting Spurs to beat United, even though by doing so it would potentially hurt Liverpool's top 4 chances:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106002616&postcount=9637

Here is the page in the Liverpool thread if you need a reminder:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057823131&page=643

It begins with Fred asking Liverpool fans if they want United to beat Spurs at the following night. The match was on January 31st, 2018. (Spurs would win it 2-0)

You backed Liverpool to win the league but you don’t want them to win it?
    You must be a great laugh down the bookies

• Advertisement

Are you able to read? Maybe you just dont understand?

Yes i wanted spurs to beat ye. Not because it would damage our chances at a top 4. It was because doing so would give us a chance to catch ye and get second.

So your talking bollox. How is that being a hypocrite? Me wanting ye to drop points so we can catch ye is nothing like me just wanting bye to fail even if it means we fail too.

Chelsea
    You backed Liverpool to win the league but you don’t want them to win it?
    You must be a great laugh down the bookies

I didn't bet money on them. Think I must be popular with the staff at the bookies since they start laughing when I walk in the door.
    Mr.H wrote:
    Are you able to read? Maybe you just dont understand?

Yes i wanted spurs to beat ye. Not because it would damage our chances at a top 4. It was because doing so would give us a chance to catch ye and get second.

So your talking bollox. How is that being a hypocrite? Me wanting ye to drop points so we can catch ye is nothing like me just wanting bye to fail even if it means we fail too.

Spurs were the bigger threat at the time to Liverpool's top four hopes (eventually pipping them to third). By wanting United to nonetheless lose to them you were surely prioritising club rivalry over your own club's chances of 'success' (if fourth can be called that). Exactly the thing you're spewing rage over tonight.

Does the 'H' in your nick stand for hypocrisy?

Spurs were the bigger threat at the time to Liverpool's top four hopes (eventually pipping them to third). By wanting United to nonetheless lose to them you were surely prioritising club rivalry over your own club's chances of 'success' (if fourth can be called that). Exactly the thing you're spewing rage over tonight.

Maybe you dont know the meaning of hypocrisy?

Nope. In fact the post you are referring to i even mentioned my reasoning. Which is why you didnt quote it.

No hypocrisy. Just you being a **** fan.

Chelsea
    Maybe you dont know the meaning of hypocrisy?

Nope. In fact the post you are referring to i even mentioned my reasoning. Which is why you didnt quote it.

No hypocrisy. Just you being a **** fan.

I do know the meaning of hypocrisy.
    Who gives a flying f@@k who finishes second or third??

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106393125&postcount=165

And as for:
    I just hope that none of our fans waste one thought on how man united are doing. Because i support my team. I dont just wait for ye to fail. Of course fans like you are why humility is very much needed.

Here you go...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107042547&postcount=359

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109498705&postcount=170

Mr. Humility, is it?

Chelsea
    Anyway I've given it some thought and I've decided the situation requires me to now become a Man City supporter for the remainder of the season. I'm not familiar with the various songs and chants but I'm sure they can be learned. If City need more fans then damn it I'll not be found wanting. I think it's something everyone on the forum should consider in fact. Get behind Pep and the lads as they go all out for the glory. Blue Moon!

April Fool's.

• Advertisement

Here you go...

Talking about a team playing badly is not the same as hoping they fail. I have mentioned a few times while even talking to you that i do giggle if ye lose. But then i move on. I dont just hope ye dont lose.

You keep searching my posting history finding nothing and pretending we are the same just so you can justify being the worst kind of supporter.

We are not the same. You are the worst.

Chelsea
    Talking about a team playing badly is not the same as hoping they fail. I have mentioned a few times while even talking to you that i do giggle if ye lose. But then i move on. I dont just hope ye dont lose.

You keep searching my posting history finding nothing and pretending we are the same just so you can justify being the worst kind of supporter.

We are not the same. You are the worst.

These are your own words:

"Pathetic. No one should be celebrating finishing second ffs"

"Who gives a flying f@@k who finishes second or third??"

I couldn't have said it better myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Man Utd
    Jeeeeeeeeeeesus christ these last few pages are a pain.

• Spurs
    pjohnson wrote: »

It's only going to get worse if something else happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Man Utd
    I'd imagine for most neutrals in Ireland given those 2 are the most supported EPL clubs here the thoughts of Man U or the Pool winning the league is mostly vomit inducing, no doubt that's enhanced if you were a fan of either watching the other succeed.

Hardly bizarre a fan would resist the joys of celebrating fourth spot and settle for fifth if it meant the other failed in their bid to lift the big trophy.

Ideally Liverpool don't get the job done and Man U finish outside top 4...please and thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Man Utd
    It's only going to get worse if something else happens

Yeah you'll never know what certain fans do if Liverpool win the league considering they only beat spurs and there's been meltdowns already in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'd imagine for most neutrals in Ireland given those 2 are the most supported EPL clubs here the thoughts of Man U or the Pool winning the league is mostly vomit inducing, no doubt that's enhanced if you were a fan of either watching the other succeed

Is it only in sport we actively wish our friends disappointment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Man Utd
    pjohnson wrote: »
    Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Chelsea
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Is it only in sport we actively wish our friends disappointment?

think it's just human nature. It's like watching a mate fall into a hole, sure they may be dead but initially it's hilarious

• Spurs
    mightyreds wrote: »
    Yeah you'll never know what certain fans do if Liverpool win the league considering they only beat spurs and there's been meltdowns already in here

They normally happen in May on the soccer forum

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement