Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Man Utd
    Funny watching Utd fans getting so worked up over Liverpool, in a forum, that they don't even have to read :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Man Utd
    Its going to be a long ass summer no matter who wins it.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Chelsea
    pjohnson wrote: »
    Jeeeeeeeeeeesus christ these last few pages are a pain.

Children... You'd like to think it's the minority, but the majority of Irish lads who support English franchises are really strange people. Their mood is determined by a game of football in another country - weirdos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Man Utd
    After yesterday game although it was a fantastic win it shows Liverpool are capable of dropping points,

I think if City drop any points it'll be just one draw so Liverpool will need to be perfect which I just don't think they can do ,

Instead of calling one of them bottlers seen as only 1 team can we it both need to be congratulated
    79 & 80 points (when city beat Cardiff) with 6 games to go is an amazing pace even more so that its two teams,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Man Utd
    As far as im concerned, if Liverpool dont win the league, there is only 1 team who will have bragging rights this year.

Man Utd
    After yesterday game although it was a fantastic win it shows Liverpool are capable of dropping points,

I think if City drop any points it'll be just one draw so Liverpool will need to be perfect which I just don't think they can do ,

Instead of calling one of them bottlers seen as only 1 team can we it both need to be congratulated
    79 & 80 points (when city beat Cardiff) with 6 games to go is an amazing pace even more so that its two teams,

Thats it, whoever finishes 2nd could very well do so on circa 90pts.

If you manage to accumulate that amount of points and not win the title, theres nothing you can do but hold your hands up and say you've been beaten by one of the best sides in PL history.

Man Utd
    mightyreds wrote: »
    Yeah you'll never know what certain fans do if Liverpool win the league considering they only beat spurs and there's been meltdowns already in here

I think the above is true of any fans when there team is treating to win a league,
    It's just more pronounced when its the team you hate,

Personal I would not enjoy football as much if you didn't have the what border's on hate (its to strong a word) for United and Chelsea,

It makes it way more entertaining ,the lows are lower and the highs are higher, It's why we all watch and love the game

For all the winding up we do I'm sure your all decent blokes ,

Man Utd
    Yikes, that result hurt a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thats it, whoever finishes 2nd could very well do so on circa 90pts.

If you manage to accumulate that amount of points and not win the title, theres nothing you can do but hold your hands up and say you've been beaten by one of the best sides in PL history.

Both teams could win all their remaining games and finish on 97 and 98. You'll still have lads throwing around the "bottle" tag.

• Advertisement

• Spurs
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    Both teams could win all their remaining games and finish on 97 and 98. You'll still have lads throwing around the "bottle" tag.
    Out of interest who was the last poster on this thread to do so? I've not read anyone say it in a few weeks but I've read alot of liverpool fans on here suggest it's being said or exaggerate it's usage.

Conor74 i think was the last person on here to suggest it and that was weeks ago

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Man Utd
    The highest points for a 2nd place finish in the PL is 89 by Man United in 2011/12 (2nd on goal difference, year of Aguerooooooooo).

Very good chance that record could be broken.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    Out of interest who was the last poster on this thread to do so? I've not read anyone say it in a few weeks but I've read alot of liverpool fans on here suggest it's being said or exaggerate it's usage.

Conor74 i think was the last person on here to suggest it and that was weeks ago

I'm not sure. It's not just mentioned in this thread but all over social media.

Man Utd
    TitianGerm wrote: »

Thats the nature of football.

Whoever wins will be lauded (by some).

Whoever "bottles" it will be laughed at (by all).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Chelsea
    RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yikes, that result hurt a lot of people.

That was the league title clincher for a lot of people. Plenty of game time left on paper but they know that Liverpool are going to win the league now.

Man Utd
    Berserker wrote: »
    That was the league title clincher for a lot of people. Plenty of game time left on paper but they know that Liverpool are going to win the league now.

That crazy talk,

If anything yesterday and last game v Fulham shows Liverpool can drop points, Only so long you can keep getting pints in the last few minutes,

City are breezing past teams at moment, they are favourites and rightly so ,

In saying that I feel if Liverpool get 6 points in there next two, away to Saints and home to Chelsea, Then the pressure will turn on City ,

• Advertisement

Chelsea
    That crazy talk,

If anything yesterday and last game v Fulham shows Liverpool can drop points, Only so long you can keep getting pints in the last few minutes,

City are breezing past teams at moment, they are favourites and rightly so ,

In saying that I feel if Liverpool get 6 points in there next two, away to Saints and home to Chelsea, Then the pressure will turn on City ,

We were saying the exact same things a few months back. Everything is going right for Liverpool. If it's 0-0 with five minutes left, they'll get a penalty or an OG or something along those lines to win the game. That's championship material stuff. Man City are blowing teams away with wonderful football but they'll drop point on their off days. Liverpool won't do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Even though the league is still in Cities hands.

Man Utd
    We were saying the exact same things a few months back. Everything is going right for Liverpool. If it's 0-0 with five minutes left, they'll get a penalty or an OG or something along those lines to win the game. That's championship material stuff. Man City are blowing teams away with wonderful football but they'll drop point on their off days. Liverpool won't do that.

And yet Liverpool have dropped more points.. :confused:

Chelsea
    Even though the league is still in Cities hands.

If they win ever single game between now and the end of the season!! Do you think they'll take maximum points from Man United (A), Palace (A) and Spurs (H)? You also need to take the fact that they've an incredibly busy month ahead with CL (quarters and even semis) and an fa cup semi final this week. They've a brilliant squad but that's an awful lot of games for any club. Liverpool only have to worry about the league and the CL semis or do we need to pretend the Porto are going to give Liverpool a game?

Man Utd
    If they win ever single game between now and the end of the season!! Do you think they'll take maximum points from Man United (A), Palace (A) and Spurs (H)? You also need to take the fact that they've an incredibly busy month ahead with CL (quarters and even semis) and an fa cup semi final this week. They've a brilliant squad but that's an awful lot of games for any club. Liverpool only have to worry about the league and the CL semis or do we need to pretend the Porto are going to give Liverpool a game?

Yes I think they will win all there Prem games,

They have teams beat before they play them ,Watford, Westham, Everton , all played much weakened teams against them in recent weeks because they rested players for the next games, Basically knowing they cant win ,Warnock has said he will do the same,

I can 100% understand the mangers doing it, They have to look out for what they think is best for there own club as much as it sucks for us Liverpool fans,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Man Utd
    do we need to pretend the Porto are going to give Liverpool a game?

They'll give Liverpool as much of a game as Spurs will give City tbh.

Man Utd
    Quazzie wrote: »

Porto are a much better side than we seen last year,

They only need to win all their games if Liverpool win all theirs and neither is a given

Man Utd
    They only need to win all their games if Liverpool win all theirs and neither is a given

In a 15 day period City play Spurs 3 times (2 champions league) Palace away and United away ,
    If they don't drop points in the 3 Prem games in that period against Spurs , Palace and United its over and they will be champions,

In a 15 day period City play Spurs 3 times (2 champions league) Palace away and United away ,
    If they don't drop points in the 3 Prem games in that period against Spurs , Palace and United its over and they will be champions,

They also have a big squad you just have to wait and see no counting chickens this early

Chelsea
    Quazzie wrote: »

Liverpool are red hot favourites for both legs and with good reason. Man City might win at WHL but it'll be by the odd goal. That tie will be alive by the time they play the second leg.

What games do you think Liverpool will drop points from?

Southampton (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Cardiff (A)
    Huddersfield (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Wolves (H)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Liverpool are red hot favourites for both legs and with good reason. Man City might win at WHL but it'll be by the odd goal. That tie will be alive by the time they play the second leg.

Southampton (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Cardiff (A)
    Huddersfield (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Wolves (H)

What a game!

I'll play, I'd be worried about Southampton away, Chelsea at home, Newcastle away and, if wolves aren't in fa cup final mode, the last game.

We haven't been very convincing of late, surprised anyone could think any of those are sure things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Man Utd
    THS from now on (Tottenham Hotspur Stadium).
    Surprised they didn't sell the naming rights (which may happen in the near future) when they changed the name.

noodler wrote: »
    What a game!

I'll play, I'd be worried about Southampton away, Chelsea at home, Newcastle away and, if wolves aren't in fa cup final mode, the last game.

We haven't been very convincing of late, surprised anyone could think any of those are sure things.

Saints away is not a gimmie they are coming into form. Chelsea is a mixed bag and the Newcastle game could be sandwiched between games V Man Utd or Barcelona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Man Utd
    Can anybody seriously see Rafa orchestrating Liverpool not winning the league, that is fantasy stuff! :P

• Advertisement

Man Utd

Southampton (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Cardiff (A)
    Huddersfield (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Wolves (H)

any bar Huddersfeild,

I can see a draw in any of them , Chelsea and Southampton capable of beating them ,

Man Utd
    Cheslea couldnt beat an egg at this stage, especially not away.

It might be competitive but going away to one of the 2 best sides in the country, I wouldn't be expecting anything other than a Pool win as much as I'd like to have a repeat of the Ba/Gerrard from a few years back, its very unlikely to happen.

Man Utd
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cheslea couldnt beat an egg at this stage, especially not away.

It might be competitive but going away to one of the 2 best sides in the country, I wouldn't be expecting anything other than a Pool win as much as I'd like to have a repeat of the Ba/Gerrard from a few years back, its very unlikely to happen.

Hazard always tends to play well at our place,

If he isn't playing or doesn't turn up we should beat them handy ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Southampton (A)
    Chelsea (H)
    Cardiff (A)
    Huddersfield (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Wolves (H)

Any of them, no easy games from here. Next two games particularly tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Think Liverpool are the type of team who Southampton won't pose any problems to really. Chelsea will be interesting though. They are a team with players who can raise their game at any time or equally put in a lacklustre display.

Man Utd
    Hazard always tends to play well at our place,

If he isn't playing or doesn't turn up we should beat them handy ,

Of course, if Hazard is on you've always got a chance but that game in the LC where he scored that wonder goal, Liverpool had missed some big chances before it.

I know it was two vastly different sides that will likely line out in the coming weeks but I wouldn't be confident of any result given Chelseas away record this season and thats not trying to down play our chances, we've a horrendous record away to the top 6 sides in the PL. I think our last win was away to City early on under Conte, thats about 30months ago.

Only thing about the Liverpool V Chelsea game is that is Hillsborough weekend so Anfield should be up for it and being 30 years that may take some of the spot light away for the build up to the game which could help. Recent home games there has been lots of nervous energy from the crowd and the groans when it is not going good is not good.

Man Utd
    Liverpool beating Southampton and Chelsea is vital means,

Liverpool need to be ahead when City go into the Spurs and United to add pressure on the outcome to City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Man Utd
    Liam O wrote: »
    Think Liverpool are the type of team who Southampton won't pose any problems to really. Chelsea will be interesting though. They are a team with players who can raise their game at any time or equally put in a lacklustre display.

Chelsea also have a decent record at Anfield in recent times which you can't really say about anyone else. They often seem to play well there. Especially Hazard.

If Liverpool come away from Southampton A and Chelsea H with two wins I think they'll be in with a great chance as the fixtures after that are considerably tougher for City. On paper anyway.

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Chelsea also have a decent record at Anfield in recent times which you can't really say about anyone else. They often seem to play well there. Especially Hazard.

Chelsea will love being underdogs , I can see a tuff game for Liverpool

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Man Utd
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Any of them, no easy games from here. Next two games particularly tough.

Huddersfield at home is not a tough game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Southampton
    s,

Did the actual points dropped during the season not already show that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Chelsea
    Surprised they didn't sell the naming rights (which may happen in the near future) when they changed the name.

They are selling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Fvck them. Unless whatever bank, insurance company or Middle Eastern dictatorship sponsors it pays money into my bank account to do otherwise , I'll still call it White Hart Lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea
    Nike have the naming rights as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    Jordan Pickford snogging stranger in pub shocker

Man Utd
    WTF is that ? There is literally nothing to it at all ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Man Utd
    There is a video of a fight outside a pub with him, being investigated,in Sunderland.

Chelsea
    WTF is that ? There is literally nothing to it at all ,

There is tons more videos coming out of it. That is an awful version just posted.

https://twitter.com/hworden20/status/1112769860281479170

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement