Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Thought we were talking about team of the year :confused: I've watched a lot of Arsenal this year (obviously not as much as you) and he's the midfielder who's stood out the most for me in your team. Torriea started great but dipped a bit.

VVD or Augero for POTY. Trent Alexander Arnold will be there abouts for YPOTY but Rashford will get it if he's still young enough because he's been very good this year.

Sterling still qualifies for YPOTY so I’d say that race is over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    Sterling still qualifies for YPOTY so I’d say that race is over.

I think they need to drop the age down from 23 to 21. Your not a young player at 23 anymore. Most lads have 3 or 4 full seasons under their belts at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Thought we were talking about team of the year :confused: I've watched a lot of Arsenal this year (obviously not as much as you) and he's the midfielder who's stood out the most for me in your team. Torriea started great but dipped a bit.

VVD or Augero for POTY. Trent Alexander Arnold will be there abouts for YPOTY but Rashford will get it if he's still young enough because he's been very good this year.

Sorry yeah, meant team, not player. Guendouzi's been great, but mainly due to him coming out of nowhere, playing with such enthusiasm and energy, and being so young while doing it. Xhaka and Torreira are still better than him though. As is Ramsey, but different position I suppose. Don't get me wrong, Guendouzi should be amazing soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    YPoTY should be limited by either age (23) or games played - 50? Sterling is a gnarled veteran at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Man Utd
    YPoTY should be limited by either age (23) or games played - 50? Sterling is a gnarled veteran at this stage.

Not really fair if a young player is really good that they can't win a trophy because they play more games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

It should be your first season playing more than 10 games. Rookie of the year. Sterling being eligible shows how nonsense it is

Man Utd
    Yep something to be said for that though I'd go for something closer to a full season (20 apps or 1500 mins min) - certainly if you win it once you should be ineligible after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Man Utd
    Struggling to decide between Watford vs (Fulham) or (Huddersfield) vs Leicester for my last man standing this week. Watford could rest a few but huddersfield are terrible although down the pressure is off. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

markc91 wrote: »
    Struggling to decide between Watford vs (Fulham) or (Huddersfield) vs Leicester for my last man standing this week. Watford could rest a few but huddersfield are terrible although down the pressure is off. Any thoughts?

Watford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Man Utd
    Wouldn’t be shocked if this was the TOTY

Alison

Doherty VVD Laporte Robertson

Bernardo Pogba Fernandinho

Sterling Aguero Mane

Alison for me certainly doesn’t warrant a place, not because of his season but because Fabianski I feel has been the better keeper but the bookies have Alison 2/7 to get in & they’re rarely wrong.

Defence picks itself, best 4 defenders in the league in their positions this year.

Midfield is hardest to call, Bernardo is there anyways, debatable with the other 2, 1 of Pogba & Fernandinho will get in I feel maybe one misses out for Erickson or Rice, can’t make a case for any other midfielder. David Silva gone off the boil since Xmas too.

Forwards should be nailed on but don’t you know they’ll squeeze Kane in if they can, the 3 lads up there though have been on fire all season.

Maybe they go 4-4-2 with Sterling & Mane in midfield at the expense of Pogba/Fernaindho to accommodate Kane.
    You say Silva doesn't deserve it because he went off the boil at Xmas, yet Pogba deserves despite not turning up until Xmas. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Man Utd
    I think YPOTY should be capped 20-21 or under personally.

23 is a grown man in my eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Man Utd
    It should be no older than 21 at the start of the PL season.

23 year olds heading into their 4/5th season and over 100 PL games is a but much for young player of the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

De Gea *cough* *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chelsea
    Fulham heading down as they're losing 1-0 to Watford. Doucoure with the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Chelsea
    Fred really is muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Man Utd
    Jota and Jiminez play so so well together. Best link-up forward pairing outside the top two I'd say.

<edit> actually Lacazette and Auba would be ahead of them for link ups, so perhaps outside the top 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chelsea
    Fulham showing some fight. Babel has equalised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Man Utd
    Fred really is muck.
    Yet, somehow, he's a Brazilian international. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Man Utd
    Fred really is muck.

Himself and Keita must be the 2 biggest flops of the season considering the money spent on them

Man Utd
    Himself and Keita must be the 2 biggest flops of the season considering the money spent on them
    I'll add Mahrez to that list as well. I've been underwhelmed with him so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Chelsea
    Ashley Young is a dirtbag

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Arsenal
    so deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Chelsea
    The cheek of him to argue with ref about it. It was borderline straight red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Man Utd
    Cracking atmosphere throughout this game by the wolves fans.

Could’ve been a straight red.

De Gea :D

Recovered fairly quick from not being hit on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

blueser wrote: »
    I'll add Mahrez to that list as well. I've been underwhelmed with him so far.

Mahrez has done his job. By signing for City, it prevented anyone else from signing him, in particular Liverpool and Arsenal in particular. This is what (unlimited petrodollars) sorry..... *ahem* massive commercial revenue allows you to do.

Ashley Young.... A red card waiting to happen for ages, a pure loose cannon and an accident waiting to happen for United

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Frankie Cortese

Mahrez has done his job. By signing for City, it prevented anyone else from signing him, in particular Liverpool and Arsenal in particular. This is what (unlimited petrodollars) sorry..... *ahem* massive commercial revenue allows you to do.

Ashley Young.... A red card waiting to happen for ages, a pure loose cannon and an accident waiting to happen for United

Very strange. Why ‘in particular Liverpool & Arsenal in particular’ why the emphasis on particular too.

Were either interested? Arsenal haven’t that money to spend & never seen Liverpool linked, oddly enough he was better off choosing the club he joined besides Liverpool, what with there ‘fab 3’ etc.

Arsenal
    no penalty for that??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Man Utd
    I know we’ve had teams as bad and worse than Huddersfield, but when was the last time we had two teams as bad as Huddersfield and Fulham? 31 points from 65 games is comical while conceding 135 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Chelsea
    Lavinia wrote: »
    no penalty for that??

Was never a penalty. He ran straight in to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Turtyturd wrote: »
    De Gea :D

Recovered fairly quick from not being hit on the head.

Cowardly goalkeeping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Spurs
    Solskjaer out

Arsenal
    eigrod wrote: »
    Was never a penalty. He ran straight in to him.
    sure he just knew where to stand

Arsenal
    yessssssssssssss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Smalling punched it in just to make sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Chelsea
    Deserved lead for Wolves.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Cowardly goalkeeping.

And again for the goal.

Man Utd
    Wolves will be quite a handful next season cos they'll have some money (more money!) to play with this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Chelsea
    Ha ha Solkjar the saviour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Man Utd
    Wolves will be quite a handful next season cos they'll have some money (more money!) to play with this summer.

Depends on how many Mendes clients are available.

Man Utd
    De Gea not the keeper he once was. On the decline.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Chelsea
    Nice of the Wolves fans to be chanting Ole's name.
    Could be a habit for fans.

Man Utd
    Didn't both Smalling and Jones sign new contracts recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Southampton
    Fulham going down with barely a whimper.

Man Utd
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Depends on how many Mendes clients are available.

I doubt they will want to be beholden to Mendes for too long. Get the loans signed up and then move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Man Utd
    They linked up so well for the goal you can see why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Man Utd
    Fulham going down with barely a whimper.

Babel seems about the only player there really putting in a bit of effort and class over the past few months it looks like. Wouldn't be at all surprised to get himself an upgrade prem move for next season, offers a lot that mid/lower level clubs could do with. Could be great for the likes of Newcastle for example.

Arsenal
    would be awesome if that went in :d)))

Man Utd

Who's in charge of contracts :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement