Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Chelsea
    Another great win for Wolves, they have been very entertaining to watch this year, fair play to them. United are absolutely woeful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    Certainly all signs point to a regression to the mean. Ole is not the Messiah and the squad is what it is. Full of complacent old lags and raw unpolished/uncoached potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Arsenal
    As a Chelsea fan Im delighted with Wolves :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Chelsea
    Some rebuilding job required at Man Utd. Probably need to buy 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker, at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

And so it begins. Thoroughly deserved win for Wolves, could and should have been more. Not bad for a team whose priority is the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is there a cooling off period on the contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Man Utd
    New manager bounce is well and truly gone for Solksjaer. Looking like they may end up in the Europa League next season, especially if they roll over for Man City like some fans seem to want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Man Utd
    I doubt they will want to be beholden to Mendes for too long. Get the loans signed up and then move on.

Wolves new Chinese owners have a stake in one of Mendes company.

Wolves and Mendes are intertwined for the foreseeable future.

I can't stand Mendes either he's one of the most unlikeable people in all of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

It'd be mad if the combined points total of Fulham and Huddersfield was less than required to stay up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Imagine waiting till they go to **** again and then giving him the job after not doing so when he was winning every week. Another hilarious decision by big Ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    eigrod wrote: »
    Some rebuilding job required at Man Utd. Probably need to buy 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and a striker, at least.

Might need another manager if Ole doesn't keep the the wheels rolling forward from the start of next season. How patient will the board be if results are poor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,822 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Man Utd
    Ole bounce is gone last 4 Prem games they have lost two and didnt deserve to beat Watford or the Saints
    Ole will be gone by next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Man Utd
    Jaysus lads. They lost a game. Big deal. People talking like he's some sort of spoofer that's been found out.

"Lol, he hasn't won every single game. The board at United are obviously clueless lmao"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Chelsea
    Whatever about Ole, Mourinho was right about Pogba calling him a virus. Absolute poison.

Chelsea
    Darren Fletcher talking absolute boll0cks on SKY

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    magma69 wrote: »
    Jaysus lads. They lost a game. Big deal. People talking like he's some sort of spoofer that's been found out.

"Lol, he hasn't won every single game. The board at United are obviously clueless lmao"

There last four Prem games they lost 2 and should not have beat Saints or Watford , They also so so lucky v PSG
    There playing poorly for a while now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Haha

No all mocking united aside. Wolves have been brilliant this year. Nuno Santo deserves a lot of praise. By far manager of the year.

As for united, pogba looked back to his lazy self tonight. If they can get interest from psg and madrid they should get as much as they can and invest in that defence. Young still playing full back says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just in seeing Youngs two fouls how can Darren Fletcher say it is hard luck on Young to be sent off lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Fulham
    I wonder, are Fulham the earliest to go down second from the Prem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Man Utd
    eigrod wrote: »
    Darren Fletcher talking absolute boll0cks on SKY
    Making himself look very foolish there. How the hell can he disagree about Young's red card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Can see Chelsea being interested in Nuno.

Chelsea
    Just in seeing Youngs two fouls how can Darren Fletcher say it is hard luck on Young to be sent off lol

He went from saying they were 2 nothing tackles, to they were probably 2 yellows by the letter of the law, back to they were nothing and harsh to be sent off. He’s off his head.

Man Utd
    There last four Prem games they lost 2 and should not have beat Saints or Watford , They also so so lucky v PSG

His record with United since coming in has been very good. Virtually nobody gave them a shout of competing for top 4 when he came in.

You can talk about being lucky all you like, it's a results game. If he gets them top 4, he'll have done an outstanding job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Chelsea
    That really is a massive loss for utd, they've tough games against West ham, Everton, City and Chelsea nxt, can't see them getting top 4 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He's now lost four of his last seven games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Man Utd
    OGS got them in a great position tbf, Wolves are no mugs either, United still in a decent position. Probably should have waited to give him the full time contract though, whats the harm in looking at it at the end of the season? Would United fans be happy with the appointment if they fail to make top 4 after all the good work to get them in a strong position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    And Utd scraped by PSG and Watford.

Man Utd

His record with United since coming in has been very good. Virtually nobody gave them a shout of competing for top 4 when he came in.

You can talk about being lucky all you like, it's a results game. If he gets them top 4, he'll have done an outstanding job.

If they beat Arsenal 2 weeks ago they could have went 4 points clear of 5th , itll be a struggle now , form is starting to dip at the wrong time

Man Utd
    And Utd scraped by PSG and Watford.
    And the Saints

Chelsea
    I wonder, are Fulham the earliest to go down second from the Prem?

Huddersfield went down before them, last Saturday.

Apparently, Huddersfield were joint quickest after 32 games with Derby. Fulham join that duo now.

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He's now lost four of his last seven games...

And?

I love how he's judged (by some, with a conspicuous commonality) only on his recent dodgy patch and not on his total record since coming in, which has been very good all things considered.

magma69 wrote:
    I love how he's judged (by some, with a conspicuous commonality) only on his recent dodgy patch and not on his total record since coming in, which has been very good all things considered.

Honey moon is turning into a honey badger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Man Utd
    Fletcher saying that Wolves only had two chances. Did he miss them hitting the bar as well then?

Man Utd
    blueser wrote: »
    Fletcher saying that Wolves only had two chances. Did he miss them hitting the bar as well then?

It's becoming apparant he didn't actually see any of the game!

Man Utd
    And?

He needs time, 3 years at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chelsea
    Mr.H wrote: »
    Haha

No all mocking united aside. Wolves have been brilliant this year.

Hang on, I thought mockery wasn't your thing based on how you were ranting and raving at me two nights back...?
    Mr. H wrote:
    I just hope that none of our fans waste one thought on how man united are doing. Because i support my team. I dont just wait for ye to fail. Of course fans like you are why humility is very much needed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Chelsea
    Honeymoon well and truly over for ole.
    Back to his Cardiff results last 4 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Chelsea
    And?

Should his record before taking over Utd be taken into account as well, he has no experience at this level and is now over one of the biggest clubs in the world. I know most utd fans wont admit it here but appointing him before the end of the season was ridiculous. He will be gone ten games into the new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    Hang on, I thought mockery wasn't your thing based on how you were ranting and raving at me two nights back...?

He didn't mock United?

• Advertisement

Man Utd

Are you the poster that is cheering against your own team? :eek:

Always thought you were a Newcstle fan btw

Chelsea
    blueser wrote: »

Darren Fletcher would make Paddy Crerand look impartial.

Man Utd
    I said it at the time but it just never made sense for the United board to put pressure on themselfs by annoucing Ole when they did ,
    Why not wait see what happened , Ole was willing to wait , no need at all for a rushed appointment

Man Utd
    niallo27 wrote: »
    Should his record before taking over Utd be taken into account as well, he has no experience at this level and is now over one of the biggest clubs in the world. I know most utd fans wont admit it here but appointing him before the end of the season was ridiculous. He will be gone ten games into the new season.

Why would his record before United have any bearing on judging the job he's done at United? That's beyond daft.

How he'll do in the future is anyone's guess, despite your apparent psychic powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Chelsea
    And?

Poxy stats eh....getting manipulated to suit whatever one fancies arguing. Imagine that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chelsea
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    He didn't mock United?

Mate he literally began his sentence with "Haha...No all mocking united aside..."
    RoboKlopp wrote:
    Are you the poster that is cheering against your own team? :eek:

Always thought you were a Newcstle fan btw

Not sure which of those sentences stings the most. No to both btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Chelsea
    Why would his record before United have any bearing on judging the job he's done at United? That's beyond daft.

How he'll do in the future is anyone's guess, despite your apparent psychic powers.

It's not judging the job he has done, I'm judging on his creditionals to get the job full time. Do you admit at least it's a massive risk on utds behalf.

Firstly i clearly said the words all mocking united aside.

Secondly i was praising wolves. Not mocking united.

Thirdly im sure you enjoyed the result? You like watching them lose iirc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

And?

And it's a bad patch of performances and results for the first time since he took over. Just when he got confirmed as manager too.

He's done a great job overall since he took over. No one would argue otherwise. But it's a tough run of games ahead and - as unfair as it may be - lose three of the next four and the season may be over on all fronts.

Man Utd
    niallo27 wrote: »

United one of the biggest clubs in the wold but in decline for 7 years have appointed the Molde manger what could possibly go wrong ?

Can you not see how that may be a problem

Mate he literally began his sentence with "Haha...No all mocking united aside..."

I was joking. I was staying well clear of mocking united because these conversations bore everyone.

I mean everyone else got it.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement