Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Chelsea
    shamrock55 wrote: »
    What do you mean by that?

nothing, an attempt at a joke. I should have included a :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Man Utd
    Liamalone wrote:
    Good riddance to this thread, hope the next doesn't contain as much bickering

You know it will :pac:

• Spurs
    Liamalone wrote: »
    Good riddance to this thread, hope the next doesn't contain as much bickering :D

And pigs can fly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    FFS! This thread is about to be closed with less than three weeks to go.

Man Utd
    Last?

• Spurs
    Pter wrote: »
    Last?

No :D

Man Utd
    Ah raspberries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,147 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Man Utd
    I wonder will the mods make a post so we find out or will we be left wondering when it actually happens?

Man Utd
    Ill be damned if i dont get Fulham into the last non-mod post in the thread.

Chelsea
    So you have to be a mod on the actual forum to close a thread? I guess it's wise not to give you guys unlimited power?

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Well personally i think i should be given unlimited power, but then i wouldnt want others given it, so i can understand why that isnt common practice.

So who wants to talk about which Fulham players are worth poaching for next year?

Chelsea
    that Babel kid looks good wonder where he came from?

I don't know why my words are underlined I can't seem to fix it.

Man Utd
    'kid' :D

Thats very generous at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Man Utd
    'kid' :D

Thats very generous at this stage.
    I now picture Gimli as well an older greyer beared dwarf Gimli well in his 70's :pac
    Babel must be mid 30's by now?

Man Utd
    pjohnson wrote: »
    I now picture Gimli as well an older greyer beared dwarf Gimli well in his 70's :pac
    Babel must be mid 30's by now?

32 IIRC.

Mitro should go too.

Anguissa has been crap but can see a relegation struggler taking a punt he may work out better with a better structure.

Cairney has been better the second half of the season. Id be delighted if he stays, but he fits Burnleys profile, so could see a bid being put in there.

None of the defense has done anything, so im expecting to see all non-loan players stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Chelsea
    Hudson odoi out for a fair spell I'd say after rupturing his achillies, could miss start of nxt season, good time to get an injury like that though I suppose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I think it is only fair i should book end this thread :pac:

Man Utd
    Go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Hudson odoi out for a fair spell I'd say after rupturing his achillies, could miss start of nxt season, good time to get an injury like that though I suppose

What?

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    As in, not mid season, but over the summer instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Chelsea
    Panthro wrote: »
    What?

Better he got it this time of year, the fact he has all summer to recover

Man Utd
    Its a tricky one for him though. He was starting to break into the team a little. Going to be a lot harder to do so on the last year of your contract without a decent pre-season behind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Might actually be good news for them.
    Chelsea will be popping round straight after the opp. to drop the new contract under his nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Think he'd rather not be injured.
    Get a preseason into him, maybe some game time in the nations league.
    And be good to go the new season.

Man Utd
    No real good time to get an injury really. Is it too much to ask that all footballers never get injured ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Man Utd
    No real good time to get an injury really. Is it too much to ask that all footballers never get injured ever?

Luis Suarez never missed a single game through injury for Ajax or Liverpool (or Groningen I think)

Dude was a machine before Barcelona. There was that time that he borrowed one of Jordan Henderson's boots as one of his ankles was so swollen that he couldn't fit it into his own so he played with different size boots on either feet

Man Utd
    8-10 wrote: »
    Luis Suarez never missed a single game through injury for Ajax or Liverpool (or Groningen I think)

Dude was a machine before Barcelona. There was that time that he borrowed one of Jordan Henderson's boots as one of his ankles was so swollen that he couldn't fit it into his own so he played with different size boots on either feet

He had, admittedly, some time off for other reasons, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Man Utd
    8-10 wrote: »

That's a remarkable statistic. Even with the usual bans he was still available probably more than most.

Presumably he must have played through injuries/strains that would keep others out. I wonder will that come back to haunt him as he ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Man Utd
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Burnley will have a fourth consecutive season in the Premier League with that result. Just look through the squad from top to bottom and you realise how good a manager Sean Dyche really is. No luxury players or skilful forwards, just hard workers improved by a great system.

It won’t be hugely impressive to any big clubs, but he’s given them a spell of stability at the top level of English football that they haven’t had in nearly 40 years. Don’t see him ever getting a job at a top club, but not every manager needs to. A good summer in the transfer market and they should be eyeing a good cup run as well as survival next season.

Impressive, but its utter muck to watch - Howe at Bournmeouth plays the game in the right spirit and just as impressive results , would much rather him at my club than the ever moaning Dyche

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

thebaz wrote: »
    Impressive, but its utter muck to watch - Howe at Bournmeouth plays the game in the right spirit and just as impressive results , would much rather him at my club than the ever moaning Dyche

Dyche took over burnley from Howe and turned them from a mid table championship side to an established PL side. He is getting similar results to Howe now despite bournemouth having much bigger resources and pulling power.

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    If Dyche cut out the moaning his whole deal would be a lot more palatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

thebaz wrote:

Howe spends a fair bit more. Never got European football either.
    Both wouldn't be my first choice if you needed to build beyond staying up every year which is good enough at a Burnley or Bournemouth

Man Utd
    Id rank Howe's approach as being more scalable than Dyche's.

Continuous improvement and marginal gains. Attention to detail etc. Its the same stuff Pep is mad for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    ERG89 wrote: »
    Howe spends a fair bit more. Never got European football either.
    Both wouldn't be my first choice if you needed to build beyond staying up every year which is good enough at a Burnley or Bournemouth

I think Howes buys are poor. He's a very good coach though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think Howes buys are poor. He's a very good coach though.

Thing is bournemouth tail off a fair amount. I don't have the results in front of me but they've been sh*t since around November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Quazzie wrote: »
    I wonder will the mods make a post so we find out or will we be left wondering when it actually happens?

Bang.

New thread here:https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=109999396

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement