Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2018-19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Man Utd
    Definite red card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd
    Thunderstorm warning everyone!

Goodness me Richarlison again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

pjohnson wrote: »
    Goalkeeper Rui Patricio will wear #11 for Wolves this year.
    Nixonbot wrote: »
    Should be banned for life now.

Wolves have retired the number 1 jersey for an ex keeper who has leukemia so keeper went with 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Man Utd
    Neves is a star, very early shout for YPOTY. He’s single handedly keeping Wolves in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

martyos121 wrote: »
    Neves is a star, very early shout for YPOTY. He’s single handedly keeping Wolves in this game.

Not watching the game - think the goal and assist today is an anomaly or does he feature heavily in attack?

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Not watching the game - think the goal and assist today is an anomaly or does he feature heavily in attack?

Not sure how often he contributes with goals and assists like this, but he definitely sets the tempo of Wolves’ attack from the midfield. Just has the presence of a quality midfielder about him IMO.

Man Utd
    He'll be a lot better in a year, and with better players around him.

Today Wolves have actually been given a bit of a lesson in space, pace and strength. Everton haven't once looked like a side playing with 10 men when defending and they've sprung a number of excellent counters any of which could have yielded a goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They said on the Totally Football Show (I think or On The Continent) he had something like 4 touches in the opposition box last season. Sounded like a mad stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jagielka was lucky he didn't snap the wolves players ankle on the first half. Think Everton will be fairly happy getting a point away with ten men and the big money signing hitting the ground running. Wolves weren't great by any stretch.

Emery should have started Leno & Torreira. Granted City are the better side but this Arsenal side still has too much of the Wenger "magic". The likes of Xhaka, Cech, Mustafi & Bellerin shouldn't still be first choice anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    ERG89 wrote: »
    Emery should have started Leno & Torreira. Granted City are the better side but this Arsenal side still has too much of the Wenger "magic". The likes of Xhaka, Cech, Mustafi & Bellerin shouldn't still be first choice anymore.

Cech made some very good saves. Nearly kicking the ball into his own goal was poor though.

Man Utd
    Is that it, has everyone played now?

Is that it, has everyone played now?

If you count West Ham & Huddersfield's performances as playing then yes they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Man Utd
    ERG89 wrote: »
    If you count West Ham & Huddersfield's performances as playing then yes they have.

Thought West Ham would have been better,they were never in the game,maybe Liverpool are just that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Man Utd
    Ref Bob Madley has quit the PL at 32.

He's quit due to "personal reasons, due to a relocation"

Lots of speculation that a video on social media has caused him to quit.

Word on the Web, not that I'd believe it without evidence is that it involves Madley and a dog.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea
    Fcuking hell he is only 32.

Looks in his 40's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Man Utd
    Fcuking hell he is only 32.

Looks in his 40's

Ya that was the biggest shock of it all.

He's no loss, IMO, he was one of the worst refs in the league himself and Jon Moss are right up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chelsea
    GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya that was the biggest shock of it all.

He does look ruff for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Chelsea
    It must be a coincidence that hes a fan of The Terriers - Huddersfield Town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chelsea
    You can’t beat football fans.

A referee retires due to a “change in his personal circumstances” which could be anything.

15 minutes later he’s a dog nonce :pac:

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    32?! He looks as old as me. Actually I look younger at a distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Twitter rumour of Madley quitting after it has emerged he was involved with a Jack Russell is one of the funniest yet most f*cked up things I've come across on there

The only way the Cardiff vs Newcastle match could be worse is if it could go into extra time or a replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Man Utd
    Madness there by Kennedy for Newcastle. Just booted a Cardiff player in the shin. A free was given but the ref mustn't have seen it properly because he didn't even book him. Absolute blatant red for violent conduct.

Game's scrappy. A few decent bits of play off loose balls by Newcastle, but there's a lack of quality in how they're hanging on to it.

Man Utd
    Just got back in the door and have just seen Kenedy's kick. If no action was taken against him, I'd imagine he might be getting invited down to the FA for a chat.

Man Utd
    Decent play to get a cross in there by Josh Murphy for Cardiff.

Don't suppose he has an Irish granny?

Man Utd
    Newcastle failing an important test. Down to 10 men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Newcastle failing an important test. Down to 10 men

Thought it was a bit harsh but i can see why it was red. Newcastle so poor, Arter is dominating the midfield but no one near him

Man Utd
    Wasn't a clever tackle by Hayden, but I'm not sure it was a red card. Ref making up for the clanger he dropped in the first half (by dropping another)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Chelsea
    Do they pick these officials from the queue outside Specsavers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Man Utd
    blueser wrote: »
    Wasn't a clever tackle by Hayden, but I'm not sure it was a red card. Ref making up for the clanger he dropped in the first half (by dropping another)?

I think it was a red although I wouldn’t have been surprised to see a yellow. High tackle from behind, nowhere near the ball and no chance of ever getting the ball. Don’t see how anyone could argue with it tbh.

Man Utd
    I think it was a red although I wouldn’t have been surprised to see a yellow. High tackle from behind, nowhere near the ball and no chance of ever getting the ball. Don’t see how anyone could argue with it tbh.
    I bet you Benitez will! Back to the game, there's a severe lack of quality out there. Even Shelvey is looking very average.

Christ, that's crude by Arter. That was nothing more than a hack.

Man Utd
    What is going on this year with the sponsors? Cardiff look like Chelsea except with a big ‘Visit Malaysia’ printed on the front. I think it was Arsenal last week sponsored by ‘visit Rwanda’.

Man Utd
    What is going on this year with the sponsors? Cardiff look like Chelsea except with a big ‘Visit Malaysia’ printed on the front. I think it was Arsenal last week sponsored by ‘visit Rwanda’.

Their owner is Malaysian.

Chelsea

It's Inishbofin next week.

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Goodness me, scenes!

0-0 FT Kenedy fails to convert peno with last shot of game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Man Utd
    Could be a good omen for Cardiff's season that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I was hoping that'd go in, just so we could be treated to a Neil Warnock rant.

Sums up the game nicely. Cardiff were remarkably bad for a team with their first home game. Newcastle were as bad. Both sides will do well to stay up unless they learn how to play with the ball.

Chelsea
    Poetic Justice. Kennedy should have been off for his kick at the Cardiff player.

• Advertisement

Man Utd
    Coleman captains Everton, Long on the bench for Southampton, Doherty starts for Wolves and Rice not in the squad for West Ham.

Man Utd
    Richalison has had a cracking start to his season, wonder if it'll all dry up again when opposition remembers how to stop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Man Utd
    Richalison has had a cracking start to his season, wonder if it'll all dry up again when opposition remembers how to stop him.

How do you stop him?

Man Utd
    I want to say that Callum Wilson has scored a beautiful goal for Bournmouth to draw level with West Ham, but the defending was a bit on the flaccid side.

Man Utd
    Vardy's been sent off as well. Follow through on a 50/50 clearance, and he really followed through on it. Lucky not to break your man's leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Man Utd
    Harry Kane scores in August as well. Definitely going to get the golden boot this season so.

Man Utd
    Spurs were battering on the door pretty much constantly once it went 2-1.
    Despite being 1-1 for a bit, it wasn't a close game, certainly not near the end.
    Fulham's keeper had to make a few saves. Their defence doesn't look particularly resilient. Could've easily been 5-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Chelsea
    West Ham- 100m spent and they’ve gotten worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Cracking move from Chelsea.

Man Utd
    Sarri's weird-looking.

He's got the sort of paunch that men of a certain age get, but he has tiny little matchstick arms that look like they're glued on and being operated remotely.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement