Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughrea Lake

Options
  • 13-06-2018 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

Over the good weather last few weeks lake very popular.
    My daughter very ill as a result of swimming in it last week, prompted tonsillitis and now as a consequence stomatitis.
    Blue flag swimming area apparently but i have heard anecdotally that their have been other kids from the area ill as a consequence of swimming in the water.
    What should be done?
    EPA to check water quality once again to confirm no adverse findings and that it is indeed safe to swim in.
    Even in the best of times it severely blocks my sinuses leading to flu like symptoms.
    I love swimming in it,but it doesn't love me !

Comments

HSE TO CARRY OUT FURTHER TESTING OF WATER AT LOUGHREA LAKE

https://galwaybayfm.ie/hse-to-carry-out-further-testing-of-water-at-loughrea-lake/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Mogie says its grand,then it must be grand.cough!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I've often wondered, when I've read stories like this, if it would be worth taking a sample and sending off to a private lab for testing.

I've often wondered, when I've read stories like this, if it would be worth taking a sample and sending off to a private lab for testing.

You could, but if you are a layman taking the sample and posting it off, it really won't tell you a lot.

Testing is not just a matter of taking some water and sending it off. You have to do everything humanly possible to not allow outside factors to contaminate the sample.

Wearing gloves, sanitising the gloves and all equipment including the test container are the basics.

You also need to look at the duration from pulling the sample to beginning the test, how will the sample be stored (refrigerated, etc) and transported.

Lastly, what tests do you want performed? There's a multitude, all with different costs, time frames, requirements etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Are there bed and breakfast open this time of yr around Loughrae, say within walking distance, I am looking for someplace to stay, on a business trip not leisure, but would like to be near or in the town with parking provided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Dane29

Loughrea BnB Lakeside on Facebook.

Advertisement