Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

maplin

• 13-06-2018 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

hi are maplin still open as i heard the shop was to close

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭damoth

They are closed down now. Not sure when exactly they finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

damoth wrote: »
    They are closed down now. Not sure when exactly they finished.

Must've been either yesterday or today, I was out there on Monday and it seemed to be open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

If they didn't double their English prices here they mite have had some chance of surviving. A shame for any store to close...its the staff I feel sorry for as there was a nice bunch of helpful lads there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

steveon wrote: »
    If they didn't double their English prices here they mite have had some chance of surviving. A shame for any store to close...its the staff I feel sorry for as there was a nice bunch of helpful lads there.

It had nothing to do with the prices in the Irish stores. The whole Maplin group collapsed and is no longer trading.

It had nothing to do with the prices in the Irish stores. The whole Maplin group collapsed and is no longer trading.

I am aware of that but again if they didnt over charge they would have sold more and therefore there profits would have probably been better and saved some stores...over charged poor sales shops closed simple..

• Advertisement

I am aware of that but again if they didnt over charge they would have sold more and therefore there profits would have probably been better and saved some stores...over charged poor sales shops closed simple..

They had 6 Irish stores out of over 200. Prices in Ireland didn't bring down the company.

They had 6 Irish stores out of over 200. Prices in Ireland didn't bring down the company.

the prices didnt exactly help sent loads of people there over the years and most people ended up buying cheaper elsewhere

tried doing a trade account no way would they do it so yes prices were a big factor in their own demise....and charging double the english prices was definetly a factor as slow sales as a result.

the prices didnt exactly help sent loads of people there over the years and most people ended up buying cheaper elsewhere

tried doing a trade account no way would they do it so yes prices were a big factor in their own demise....and charging double the english prices was definetly a factor as slow sales as a result.

They collapsed due to issues in the UK retail market. 6 Irish stores out of over 200 stores had no affect. No matter what they charged in Ireland. It's not actually that difficult to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Hey i get your point even if others fail to. :rolleyes:

Advertisement