Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusConnect Blanchardstown

Options
  • 13-06-2018 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

It seems amazing that the proposed Busconnect route for Blanchardstown manages to avoid going close to most people living in Dublin 15. It seems to start in the center and go straight onto the N3 - unless there is some major engineering works the next stop is likely to be at the halting site across from bridgets GAA. I would imagine it would not be too difficult to run it up towards the Ongar link road at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

AlanG wrote: »
    It seems amazing that the proposed Busconnect route for Blanchardstown manages to avoid going close to most people living in Dublin 15. It seems to start in the center and go straight onto the N3 - unless there is some major engineering works the next stop is likely to be at the halting site across from bridgets GAA. I would imagine it would not be too difficult to run it up towards the Ongar link road at least.

I thought the point of the Busconnect routes is that it just goes direct? I think they'll be other buses that just feed into this network so if you live in Ongar you'd get a bus from Ongar into Blanchardstown / N3 and change bus. That was my reading of it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Will the 37, the 38 routes and the 39 feed into this bus corridor as well?

One reading of the maps is that the blue lined areas are the ones earmarked for continuous bus lanes, but that any route could join it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

AlanG wrote: »
    What is that map from. It doesn't seem to be from the current documents. Full documents here: https://www.busconnects.ie/initiatives/dublin-area-bus-network-redesign/

Essentially, all services will go via the Blanchardstown Centre.

B1 and B2 (which join to become Spine B at the Blanchardstown Centre) will be the main routes into the city centre, but there will also be routes 35 & 37. There will be an all day route W to Tallaght and N4 to Howth Junction. Routes 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 will be local routes.

Free transfers between bus / tram / DART for 90 minutes.

Red - to city centre
    Green - local routes
    Blue - orbital

457501.png

Victor wrote: »
    What is that map from. It doesn't seem to be from the current documents. Full documents here: https://www.busconnects.ie/initiatives/dublin-area-bus-network-redesign/

Essentially, all services will go via the Blanchardstown Centre.

B1 and B2 (which join to become Spine B at the Blanchardstown Centre) will be the main routes into the city centre, but there will also be routes 35 & 37. There will be an all day route W to Tallaght and N4 to Howth Junction. Routes 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 will be local routes.

Free transfers between bus / tram / DART for 90 minutes.

Red - to city centre
    Green - local routes
    Blue - orbital

457501.png

For anyone living in Roselawn, along the Clonsilla Road or in Blanchardstown that was served by the 39 after leaving the Centre, they are facing a much longer journey to the city centre.

They will have to get the 261 up to the Centre, before switching to the B route.

Surely it isn't beyond the planners to have the 261 interchange with the B route either at the Travelodge or at Navan Road Parkway Station.

blanch152 wrote: »
    For anyone living in Roselawn, along the Clonsilla Road or in Blanchardstown that was served by the 39 after leaving the Centre, they are facing a much longer journey to the city centre.

They will have to get the 261 up to the Centre, before switching to the B route.

Surely it isn't beyond the planners to have the 261 interchange with the B route either at the Travelodge or at Navan Road Parkway Station.
    Hopefully, people can interchange between Blanchardstown village and the M50. 261 appears to operate in both directions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Bus Dis'connects hmmm So if I have this right. At present if I wanted to go from Littlepace area to Dunboyne or Clonee (Aldi and Lidl) I catch one bus the 270. However the proposed changes noie has me. Catching a bus to the Centre in order to come all the way back on a second bus. Upshot it be quicker to walk but then again lugging 3 full bags back might may me think.....is bus Dis'connects sponsored by local taxis and private bud companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Unless there are properly developed and maintained bus corridors, this will be a disaster. We all know what traffic can be like up there on a wet day, never mind Christmas.

All Eyes On Rafah

Bus Dis'connects hmmm So if I have this right. At present if I wanted to go from Littlepace area to Dunboyne or Clonee (Aldi and Lidl) I catch one bus the 270. However the proposed changes noie has me. Catching a bus to the Centre in order to come all the way back on a second bus. Upshot it be quicker to walk but then again lugging 3 full bags back might may me think.....is bus Dis'connects sponsored by local taxis and private bud companies?
    The solution is a bus gate (with rising bollards) from Huntstown to Littlepace: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.4029837,-6.4127968,3a,75y,356.46h,83.51t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s09vubyUljrzpxCGyczaeTw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 20 metre walk or 6.5 km drive.

It would allow Littlepace and Dunboyne buses take a much quicker direct route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Having to go to the center to change all the time is going to be a disaster anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but is that not what is happening according to map (route 261 [both directions] meeting up with the B spine at Navan road parkway)?

• Advertisement

fly_agaric wrote: »
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but is that not what is happening according to map (route 261 [both directions] meeting up with the B spine at Navan road parkway)?

Note Route 261 comes out of Blanchardstown village, turns left at the gym and goes into the hospital.

No interchange with the main route into town except at the Centre. So, if you are living in Springlawn, you must get the bus up the Clonsilla Road to the Centre and then change to the bus to town.

Note Route 261 comes out of Blanchardstown village, turns left at the gym and goes into the hospital.

No interchange with the main route into town except at the Centre. So, if you are living in Springlawn, you must get the bus up the Clonsilla Road to the Centre and then change to the bus to town.

They could easily put some stops here: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3847332,-6.3669068,3a,75y,112.27h,74.39t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sflkR3t2VOoDWwme2fJtDaA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 or here: https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3857808,-6.3686271,3a,75y,99.53h,85.89t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sCQQwZdPL7ha_LDp3v3vXyA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Blanchardstown is near Clonsilla, Coolmine, Navan Road Parkway, and Castleknock Train stations correct?

There are so many areas in Dublin that rely SOLELY on DB and have no choice of any alternatives at all.

The idea behind all this is to make long journeys quicker and more direct, not to service every nook and cranny directly into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Blanchardstown is near Clonsilla, Coolmine, Navan Road Parkway, and Castleknock Train stations correct?

There are so many areas in Dublin that rely SOLELY on DB and have no choice of any alternatives at all.

The idea behind all this is to make long journeys quicker and more direct, not to service every nook and cranny directly into the city.

Blanchardstown is a big area. I'm currently 30 minutes walk from any of those stations, 5 minutes from a direct bus route into the city centre and this plan wants to take that away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Patww79 wrote: »
    Having to go to the center to change all the time is going to be a disaster anyway.

If there are proper bus priority measures and a decent interchange with good shelters and RTPI screens how so?

The plan for Roselawn/Clonsilla Road/Springlawn/Blanchardstown village will make long journeys slower and less direct, a few small tweaks would sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,959 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The plan for Roselawn/Clonsilla Road/Springlawn/Blanchardstown village will make long journeys slower and less direct, a few small tweaks would sort it.

I understand that people are getting a bit concerned about this. But really, we have to give it a try first and complain bitterly afterwards if necessary, otherwise no infrastructural projects will ever happen in the city.

I am someone who is severely affected by Bus Connects. But I accept that things change and move on, and hopefully having given it a try it might just work for me and many others, not just the few who want a bus outside their door every five minutes!

I'm prepared to give it a try first. I am going to lose a service through my area apart from a half hourly (feeder) one as proposed. Will be tough. But if it works, it works, if it is a disaster something will be done to rectify it.

I understand that people are getting a bit concerned about this. But really, we have to give it a try first and complain bitterly afterwards if necessary, otherwise no infrastructural projects will ever happen in the city.

I am someone who is severely affected by Bus Connects. But I accept that things change and move on, and hopefully having given it a try it might just work for me and many others, not just the few who want a bus outside their door every five minutes!

I'm prepared to give it a try first. I am going to lose a service through my area apart from a half hourly (feeder) one as proposed. Will be tough. But if it works, it works, if it is a disaster something will be done to rectify it.

If it gets in then it's in and won't change. The time is now to optimise the proposal.

You see, it isn't a take-it or leave-it proposal, otherwise why bother with a public consultation?

If a plan as big as this remains unchanged following the public consultation, then there is something wrong. I am not rejecting the switching buses proposal or the main thrust of the Bus Connects proposal, just proposing a small amendment to one route. If that isn't acceptable, then what is?

• Advertisement

That would delay their express bus into town, can't see it happening.

They aren't express buses. It will be normal buses stopping at a normal bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just trying to get my head around this ahead of the consultation deadline. Do the B1 and B2 routes that go to the centre terminate there or so they continue into town? I’m presuming you need to get off the B1/B2 and change to the B but I’m not sure.

Just trying to get my head around this ahead of the consultation deadline. Do the B1 and B2 routes that go to the centre terminate there or so they continue into town? I’m presuming you need to get off the B1/B2 and change to the B but I’m not sure.

The maps I've seen have them stopping at the center and the B going to the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Patww79 wrote: »
    The maps I've seen have them stopping at the center and the B going to the city.

Thanks for that. I thought that was the case but I wanted to be sure. If they're as frequent as they say they'll be then it might be okay, but the buses have been completely jammed lately so it might be a bit of a nightmare, particularly in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I think the B1 and B2 serve the spine and into the city centre, hence the B in the name.

The routes that stop at the centre and only serve local areas are the 3 digit routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

No.

What the map is telling you is there will be 2 routes to and from the city to the ongar area , the B1 and B2.

The B1 will follow the current 39X route to the city albeit it will go in through the blanch centre. Obviously all stops too.

The B2 will serve the current 39 to blanch centre and then will follow the current 39A to the city.

Both routes will follow the same path giving a combined frequency between the city and Blanchardstown SC of 7.5 minutes. 2 routes will then branch off after Blanchardstown centre , to either ongar or hartstown giving a frequency of 15 minutes each .

There will be no getting off buses.

thomasj wrote: »
    No.

What the map is telling you is there will be 2 routes to and from the city to the ongar area , the B1 and B2.

The B1 will follow the current 39X route to the city albeit it will go in through the blanch centre. Obviously all stops too.

The B2 will serve the current 39 to blanch centre and then will follow the current 39A to the city.

Both routes will follow the same path giving a combined frequency between the city and Blanchardstown SC of 7.5 minutes. 2 routes will then branch off after Blanchardstown centre , to either ongar or hartstown giving a frequency of 15 minutes each .

There will be no getting off buses.

There will be getting off buses for those living in the areas between Blanchardstown Centre and the Travelodge currently served by the 39. What is worse is that they have to travel away from town to the Centre to make that change.

There is no route B. If you look at the map up close, it says "All B". All the B routes together are called the B Spine.

There is an animation of how the spines work here: https://busconnects.ie/media/1332/busconnects-03.mp4

462403.png

462404.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

There will be getting off buses for those living in the areas between Blanchardstown Centre and the Travelodge currently served by the 39. What is worse is that they have to travel away from town to the Centre to make that change.

That seems to be one of the changes that is sensible and easy. Doesn't necessitate throwing out the whole plan. A short service linking the SC, old stops and Navan Road Parkway or similar would close the gap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

What's the story with fares. If you have to get connecting busses, is it gonna cost more?

Advertisement