Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusConnect Blanchardstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Seve OB wrote: »
    What's the story with fares. If you have to get connecting busses, is it gonna cost more?

No. 90 minute fares allowing interchange with buses, trains and Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

No. 90 minute fares allowing interchange with buses, trains and Luas.

OK so how does it work.?

Let's say you want to go on a short hop but you now need 2 busses where it used to be one.

Do you give your leap card to driver and give him your end destination?

What do you say to the next driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

That seems to be one of the changes that is sensible and easy. Doesn't necessitate throwing out the whole plan. A short service linking the SC, old stops and Navan Road Parkway or similar would close the gap.

Correct, and have filled out the form on Bus Connects website to suggest that.

The 261 turns into the hospital, it could loop around Navan Road Parkway and come back to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

OK so how does it work.?

Let's say you want to go on a short hop but you now need 2 busses where it used to be one.

Do you give your leap card to driver and give him your end destination?

What do you say to the next driver?

What they are saying is that it will either be a tag-on --> tag-off jobbie, or just a single flat fare regardless of journey length.
    This will reduce dwell times as a result of less driver interaction.

https://www.busconnects.ie/initiatives/just-the-ticket/

Looks to be the same idea as the buses in London. A flat fee of £1.50 with a daily cap of £4.50, no cash fares, only Oyster Cards or Contactless.

Make a journey using pay as you go (contactless or Oyster) on a bus or tram, and you can make unlimited bus and tram journeys for free within one hour of touching in on the first bus or tram.

Touch in using the same card on all the bus and tram journeys you make and the free fares will be applied automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Victor wrote: »
    Hopefully, people can interchange between Blanchardstown village and the M50. 261 appears to operate in both directions.

You answered what I was about to ask. If the 261 goes in both directions! The B spine from the town centre shows to leave the Navan Rd at the hospital, up by Junction 6 and back down to the Navan Road by the M50 roundabout. It looks like the 261 and the B spine will meet around there for passengers to hop onto a bus into the city centre. Much better than the thought of having to go up to the town centre from the Roselawn / Village area.

Have they decided on bus stop locations yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

If the 261 does go in both directions, then a lot of my concerns will be alleviated. I don't mind having to transfer buses, but I would be very annoyed if I had to go significantly out of my way backwards to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

If the 261 does go in both directions, then a lot of my concerns will be alleviated. I don't mind having to transfer buses, but I would be very annoyed if I had to go significantly out of my way backwards to do so.

If you look at the interactive map you can see where the 261 route splits on one-way sections of roads which would imply it goes both directions. Up near Junction 6 / Blanch Hospital entrance is a good example to zoom in on. Big relief if that's the case!

http://interactive.map.busconnects.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

blanch152 wrote: »
    There will be getting off buses for those living in the areas between Blanchardstown Centre and the Travelodge currently served by the 39. What is worse is that they have to travel away from town to the Centre to make that change.
    I don't understand the locations, but I don't understand this comment. What trips are you talking about?
    OK so how does it work.?

Two options:
    1. Tag-on on the right-hand validator. Validator know you tagged-on in the last 90 minutes and what fare you pay. Charges a total (of this trip and the previous one) of the long distance fare. The 90-minute fare is likely to be in the order of €2.10-2.60.
    2. Get a short distance fare (maybe at driver, maybe at a second validator). If you get a second bus, see 1 above. If you need to get need two buses where it used to be one, then it's not a very long trip - perhaps 1.5-3.0km - one lower fare will get you most of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

What trips are you talking about?

The part of the current 39 that isn't being retained under the proposals, which includes direct trips from the city centre to: Blanch village, Clonsilla Road, and Coolmine Industrial Estate.

You answered what I was about to ask. If the 261 goes in both directions! The B spine from the town centre shows to leave the Navan Rd at the hospital, up by Junction 6 and back down to the Navan Road by the M50 roundabout. It looks like the 261 and the B spine will meet around there for passengers to hop onto a bus into the city centre. Much better than the thought of having to go up to the town centre from the Roselawn / Village area.

Have they decided on bus stop locations yet?

Yes, 261 operates in both directions.

However, there is no busstop on the B spine route between Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and the Travelodge.

So when the 261 turns into Connolly Hospital, where do you get off and then get on a B1 or B2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

However, there is no busstop on the B spine route between Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and the Travelodge.

So when the 261 turns into Connolly Hospital, where do you get off and then get on a B1 or B2?

There will be an interchange around that junction there somewhere. Read the map and you'll notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yes, 261 operates in both directions.

This was discussed before. they can put stops on the dual carriageway around the hospital entrance / bridge.

This was discussed before. they can put stops on the dual carriageway around the hospital entrance / bridge.

Now that is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Thanks for all the info on this. It has really cleared things up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

TheChrisD wrote: »
    There will be an interchange around that junction there somewhere. Read the map and you'll notice.

This is not the case - I specifically asked about this at the information day and if you use the journey planner the times are all calculated based on traveling from Blanchardstown village back out to the Center.
    it seems that they are tweaking the consultancy maps a bit to imply this interchange will happen as when the first map was released the B spine did not travel up the hospital slip road but part way through the consultation they altered it to show the B route exiting the dual carriageway.

I would strongly recommend that anyone who needs to change around the hospital and doesn't want to end up traveling out to the center should make this known in the consultation as it is definitely not cut and dry that there will be an interchange.

My submission suggested that the 261 travel to the Navan road train station before coming back towards the center as it would give access to the train line and it is a lot more likely to happen than a new very expensive interchange near the hospital. I also suggested works to provide a stop on the N3 near the snugbourough road bridge to allow people form the village and corduff walk down to get a bus on the dual carriageway. This would obviously be expensive to make safe and wheelchair accessible but there are plans anyway to upgrade that bridge.

AlanG wrote: »
    This is not the case - I specifically asked about this at the information day and if you use the journey planner the times are all calculated based on traveling from Blanchardstown village back out to the Center.
    it seems that they are tweaking the consultancy maps a bit to imply this interchange will happen as when the first map was released the B spine did not travel up the hospital slip road but part way through the consultation they altered it to show the B route exiting the dual carriageway.

I would strongly recommend that anyone who needs to change around the hospital and doesn't want to end up traveling out to the center should make this known in the consultation as it is definitely not cut and dry that there will be an interchange.

My submission suggested that the 261 travel to the Navan road train station before coming back towards the center as it would give access to the train line and it is a lot more likely to happen than a new very expensive interchange near the hospital. I also suggested works to provide a stop on the N3 near the snugbourough road bridge to allow people form the village and corduff walk down to get a bus on the dual carriageway. This would obviously be expensive to make safe and wheelchair accessible but there are plans anyway to upgrade that bridge.

Interesting, I made a similar submission.

Advertisement