Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saorview & Freesat on Samsung Smart TV?

Options
  • 13-06-2018 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have a Samsung Smart TV (49MU7000), I know you can plug both satelight and aerial into the TV but I don't know if it can get Saorview and Freesat? Right now we have Virgin at home but I'm thinking about getting an aerial and satellite installed and getting rid of the extra expense.

Does anyone have a similar model and experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

I have a Samsung Smart TV (49MU7000), I know you can plug both satelight and aerial into the TV but I don't know if it can get Saorview and Freesat? Right now we have Virgin at home but I'm thinking about getting an aerial and satellite installed and getting rid of the extra expense.

Does anyone have a similar model and experience?

That's a Freesat model alright, & of course it will also get Saorview. You'll have to set it up with UK as country (& enter a UK postcode to set region) to get the Freesat EPG.
    ....... wrote: »
    I have a samsung smart tv ...Theres a satellite dish on the house that was installed when I moved in and if I plug in the cable there are lots of channels - but its mostly repeats of various bbc's and itv's so I dont bother with it..

As above, if it's a Freesat model, & you set it up with UK country setting, you'll get the Freesat EPG, with the duplicate channels hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭sinkingfish

@Thurston? thanks for the reply. If I set it up with UK country will I still be able to tune in Saorview? Or will it be searching on a different frequency? If I remember from years ago there was something about UHF vs VHF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

I would think your TV should tune Saorview when set to UK, but the channels will probably be numbered in the 800s, & I think there's still a collection of 'test' channels that won't be hidden.

There was a thread a few months back where someone said their Samsung TV failed to tune Saorview when set to UK, but it's not something I've seen myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

That's not going to happen without a Sky box, Sky card and a Sky subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Yes, the TV has two inputs ...... one for Saorview aerial and the other for Satellite channels.

Advertisement