Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Restaurant quarter for Swords Pavilions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Any news on this? It was supposed to be open towards the end of 2018 was it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

There's a sign up outside the Pav indicating that something's gonna happen soon food-wise. The new walkway appears to be in place anyway.

Yeah I noticed all that but not much else unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Asdfghjkl987

Shred wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed all that but not much else unfortunately.

Yep apart from that sign there’s not much else. Doesn’t look like the website has been updated in a few months at least.

There's a lack of new info on it altogether, web searches just bring up the same articles from months ago announcing the development but nothing regarding what the delay is.

• Advertisement

http://www.pavilions.ie/utility/job-opportunities Recruitment started for Milano

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

Five Guys Swords now hiring.

Also saw that Superdry are opening and looking for staff. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

According to the Pavilions Facebook page Five Guys is opening tomorrow at 11am.
    We promised you an announcement yesterday so here it is... Five Guys will be opening in Swords Pavilions on Wednesday 10th April at 11am!!! So see you there!

According to the Pavilions Facebook page Five Guys is opening tomorrow at 11am.

About time! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

€9.65 for a cheese burger. No thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

PWEI wrote: »

just a burger or a drink and fries included??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

neris wrote: »
    just a burger or a drink and fries included??

Just the burger. Was looking at their menu on the Pavillons FB page.

But on the bottom of their menu in big bold writing;

"ALL TOPPINGS FREE" :)

Yeah it's just the burger - the cheeseburger is a double though. Fries are €3.50 but you get an absolute mountain them (one portion was more than enough for the 2.5 of us), the drinks are bottomless but I can't remember how much they cost - let's say €20 for the craic :pac:
    Look, there's absolutely no doubt it's expensive, but I think it's a delicious treat every once in a while and will be giving it a(nother) lash this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

PWEI wrote: »

Out of interest, what do you expect to pay for a burger in a place you can sit in?
    (aside from McDonalds etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Same prices as Bunsen which is fab so I hope its on par if Im going to pay that

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

TBH, Eddie Rockets beats Five Guys hands down and at a cheaper price too.

The burgers are good and you can have them any way you want but they're a flash in the pan operation that'll be gone inside 5 years when people get past the initial hype and stop paying outrageous prices for overhyped food.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Five Guys is fantastic, well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

The little or junior burgers are a standard size quarter pounder - I've had them in their other restaurant and they're more than enough. As someone said, if there are two of you, one order of chips will be enough too so it's not that much of a rip off if you order it that way. I couldn't stomach half a pound of beef in one burger so would not be paying €9 plus for their main burgers.

Milano is open now. Looks tiny! Also the 3rd restaurant will be zaytoon. They currently have locations in temple bar and Camden street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Zaytoon is great

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Eating Zaytoon sober must be a strange experience

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Jimdagym wrote: »

Indeed, will it taste quite as good? I assume much like me you have only had it at 2am after being on the piss in town, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Jimdagym wrote: »

I used to have lunch from time to time in the Camden St spot when I worked nearby. Quality grub. I've only ever eaten their food when sober.

Milano is open now. Looks tiny! Also the 3rd restaurant will be zaytoon. They currently have locations in temple bar and Camden street.

Zaytoon?! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Was in Milano over the weekend. Had a pizza coz I love Thier pizzas....super thin and crispy. Anyway there was a problem. Because of where it's situated( high up with exposure to the glass roof) it felt like 200 degrees in there. Lots of people getting their food to go and generally complaining about the heat. The manager said they are going to sort out some kind of cover for it asap which is cool. I couldn't imagine what it would be like in the height of summer.....
    Pizza was gorgeous tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Zaytoon opening next month, according to their Facebook update today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Five guys fantastic? Even my kids weren't impressed. Food was absolute sh*te. It's like an outrageously expensive big mac. I really wish they had put something decent in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The Chips are so so bland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Five guys fantastic? Even my kids weren't impressed. Food was absolute sh*te. It's like an outrageously expensive big mac. I really wish they had put something decent in there.

Classic example of hype/style over substance. I think some "social influencers" started bombarding their social media accounts with OMGs when it was announced Five Guys were coming to Dublin because they ate at one while on a J1 visa in the US the previous year and the media just picked up on it and kept promoting it leading the unaccustomed to believe something seriously good was about to arrive on our shores. Similar nonsense with Krispy Kreme, Hollister, Boojum and other seemingly on trend businesses where the number of Instagram likes you get for taking a selfie while hash tagging the restaurant is far more important than the actual food/product...hence the nonsense queues and FOMO....

The one and only time I've ever had a Five Guys was fine - a nice burger but absolutely nothing out of the ordinary and more expensive than other similar burger type establishments.

Advertisement