Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will win the World Cup?

• 13-06-2018 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭

As the title asks

(be patient while I get the poll up)

List compiled as per current odds. Poll closes in two days

Who will win the World Cup 71 votes

Brazil
    0%
    Germany
    29%
    DcullyapplehunterMr.Nice Guydonnachaciaran76NIMANxtal191Grid.bkrangleOutkast_IREFerris_Buellerlawred2Alonso77Easy RodLoafing Oaf.red.ArghusTheChosenOne_[Deleted User]Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare 21 votes
    Spain
    25%
    jester77KiithSir OxmanDuffadaminhonamloc1980GavRedKingwally79Skylineheaddr.kenneth noisewaterLuckyGent88manutd83DavidLyons_dobman88kopite386normanoffsideRagnar LothbrokCalamariFritti 18 votes
    France
    15%
    banie01callaway92massdebaterBanjaxed82MarkY91the untitled usermartingriffGbearDJIMI TRAROREOkonOhmeha 11 votes
    Argentina
    16%
    chopperbyrnebillyheaddfx-Relikkfatherted1969dinorebelalchemist33Liamalonemooseknunklehurlingman97Lucas HoodMahony0509 12 votes
    Belgium
    2%
    sugarmanSolomon Pleasant 2 votes
    England
    4%
    [Deleted User]jacksie66BorneTobyWilde 3 votes
    Portugal
    4%
    rmchmufcgimli2112NomadicGray 3 votes
    Uruguay
    0%
    Croatia
    1%
    NewApproach 1 vote
    Other
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Germany
    I was originally thinking Brazil to beat Spain in the final, but I've revised that view following the events of the past few days and now I'm thinking Brazil will avenge their humiliation four years ago and beat Germany to lift the title.

They go into the tournament with an excellent defensive record and I think Neymar is going to take the tournament by storm. I can also see Coutinho having a strong showing and a long range strike or two from him could see Brazil past some stubborn teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Germany
    I would have said Spain until this morning but went for Brazil instead. They have strength all over the pitch and have a number of players going forward who can inject some magic, think they will top their group fairly easily and then get a decent second round tie against the runner up of group F (Mexico, Sweden or S. Korea) who they should see off as well. They are arguably on the handier side of the draw as well with Argentina, Germany & Spain on the other side.. I reckon they will get to the semis fairly handy and from there anyone could win it but considering what happened this morning with Spain I would now consider Brazil the strongest contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Bet on Spain about a week ago.

Regretting it now.

Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

France
    Etc on Spain yesterday now kind of regretting it. Still think they have a great chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Belgium
    Argentina. Easy as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Argentina
    I have France winning it. Germany second, Brazil third, Spain fourth. I have Argentina being knocked out in the group stages too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

Spain
    Got Germany in a sweep (my only "bet" on the tournament) so want them to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

France
    Pretty open world cup with 6 teams who have the ability to go all the way, nobody looks unbeatable so I expect a surprise team to make at least the semi-final

I still fancy Spain despite this morning's eventful soap opera

Brazil my second favourites

France, Germany, Belgium, Argentina all highly capable of winning it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Spain
    Its so hard to say and even harder going by what you see 'on paper' and who is playing and who is not and all that. There's a bit of luck involved, too.

But I will go with Germany. Simply because we're still as strong as we were 4 years ago (and we needed a bit of luck then too), but mostly we will just do our thing regardless who plays well or not or who gets injured or not. We have depth and no standout players that would deeply upset us if they got injured. And we're good at tournaments. We will play to a certain level even with a sh1t squad. I think that makes us favourites and I think we can do it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Portugal
    Just in case this poll is public I voted England for the jinx effect. I'm taking no chances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Senegal have reached at least the last eight of every world cup they've ever played in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Argentina
    France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Spain
    Deutschland uber alles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Germany
    Brazil will walk it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Argentina
    France. I would love to see the Argies do it though especially for Messi to win a world cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Germany
    Got South Korea in the draw at work.

G'WAN DA BOYS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

France
    Italy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

Argentina
    Arghus wrote: »
    Got South Korea in the draw at work.

G'WAN DA BOYS!!

You did better then me. i got Japan:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

England
    Belgium could win it. Will top England's group to start with.
    All they need is a few nice draws in KO stage to get to final.

Advertisement