Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banner Adverts with Motion

Options
  • 13-06-2018 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭

Your banner adverts with motion, can a user disable them? One glimpse makes me motion sick for hours.

I have tried closing and reporting them, but every time google says they won't show them again, they do - repeatedly! (and if you tell me to clean caches, believe me, I do continually - to no avail. Also, I use legacy thru google on a chromebook.)

The Bank of Ireland banner advert makes logging into boards a completely nauseating experience (literally). It takes me out of commission for hours until I can sleep away the motion sickness... Like now, my day is shot thanks to that one boards.ie advert.

Please, can you do something about regulating the adverts with motion?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi DunnoKidz, I'm sorry to hear that ads with motion made you feel ill, that's terrible.

Almost all banner ads these days have motion in them to some extent, it would be very difficult to specify that we have static ads only. I'm not sure if it's possible via the ad srvers we use; we would also have to turn away a lot of ad campaigns.

If this is a serious ongoing issue for you, I can add you to the subscriber group and you can choose not to display any ads at all - this is a subscriber privilege.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Thanks Niamh, I figured there wasn't anything that could be done. Was just hoping I could disable the pesky ones, somehow.

Not all movement adverts are this bad, the Boards Mortgage one with moving letters is tolerable, but the ones with real motion (I dunno what else to call it) like the new teddy bear one from Bank of Ireland is EXTREME - - - > (I am not the only one it's adversely affected, btw. A few other boardsies mentioned a similar reaction).

Thanks for your consideration Niamh, will try and work around it.

Advertisement