Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Cup - Last Man Standing Game

• 13-06-2018 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I thought it might be fun to try a Last Man Standing game for the World Cup, based on goalscorers for each round of matches. It may increase our interest level in the games ahead.
    Rules

- Each round of fixtures you will choose 5 players that you reckon will get on the scoresheet.

- At least 1 of your chosen 5 must score a goal in order for you to advance to the next round. If all of your choices draw a blank then you are out.

- No more than 1 player per nation, i.e. you should have 5 different nationalities.

- You can only choose a player once in the game, so if you take Kane for example in Rd 1 you won't be able to select him in later rounds. This adds a nice strategic element as you have to decide if you want to risk holding off on players until later in the game.

- We'll make it that each goal scored is worth a point in case we need a tie-breaker at the end.

We keep going until we have the last player left.

Here are the fixtures for the first round of matches:

Thurs
    Russia vs Saudi Arabia

Fri
    Egypt vs Uruguay
    Morocco vs Iran
    Portugal vs Spain

Sat
    France vs Australia
    Argentina vs Iceland
    Peru vs Denmark
    Croatia vs Nigeria

Sun
    Costa Rica vs Serbia
    Germany vs Mexico
    Brazil vs Switzerland

Mon
    Sweden vs South Korea
    Belgium vs Panama
    Tunisia vs England

Tues
    Colombia vs Japan
    Poland vs Senegal

I'll get the ball rolling with my own choices:

1. Smolov (Russia) vs Saudi Arabia
    2. Griezmann (France) vs Australia
    3. Lukaku (Belgium) vs Panama
    4. Berg (Sweden) vs South Korea
    5. Falcao (Colombia) vs Japan

Note - Anyone who sees this thread late, say after Thursday's opener, can still play but obviously you'll need to choose a team from a fixture that hasn't happened yet.

Advertisement