Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for retension

Options
  • 13-06-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey Hoping someone can advise me please.
    So 11 years ago we built a building on my parents in laws land.Building was built to original plans & sizes that were first sought out on the property 25 years ago as a garage.It has been used as a dwelling since then.We are now hoping to apply for retention from garage to dwelling and have this building & the land it's on sighed over to us.All ok with parents in law...
    How and where do we start with this and any ideas of costs involved please ?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Kerry1982 wrote: »
    Hey Hoping someone can advise me please.
    So 11 years ago we built a building on my parents in laws land.Building was built to original plans & sizes that were first sought out on the property 25 years ago as a garage.It has been used as a dwelling since then.We are now hoping to apply for retention from garage to dwelling and have this building & the land it's on sighed over to us.All ok with parents in law...
    How and where do we start with this and any ideas of costs involved please ?

Employ a local Planning Agent and take it from there.
    Bear in mind you have to meet all the requirements with regards private space, parking, waste treatment etc

Agent, then arrange a Pre-Planning meeting with the area Planner.

Advertisement