Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best digital/stage pianos?

Options
  • 13-06-2018 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question but...

I don’t have the space (or the budget!) for a real piano but would like to upgrade my cheap keyboard to a digital piano (they seem to be the best for resembling pianos) and was wondering if anyone would have some suggestions for me?

My budget would be up to a few hundred quid (but ideally less than that) and it would be mostly just used for leisure.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Yamaha

Clavinovas sound great and feel even better.

I got a Yamaha CP3 for £350 including a stand, case and pedal 2 months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭bearamy98

Yamaha

Clavinovas sound great and feel even better.

I got a Yamaha CP3 for £350 including a stand, case and pedal 2 months ago

Thank you☺️

I was thinking that Yahama would probably be the best brand to go with as it’s well renowned and it has a good reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

OP if it’s a MIDI keyboard you’re looking for I have a brand new one of these that you’re welcome to.

https://m.thomann.de/ie/m_audio_keystation_88_mkii.htm

It comes with a stand. Not sure whether I still have the software for the laptop though.

I bought it for my daughter thinking it was a ‘normal’ keyboard. :rolleyes:

PM me.....

OP if it’s a MIDI keyboard you’re looking for I have a brand new one of these that you’re welcome to.

https://m.thomann.de/ie/m_audio_keystation_88_mkii.htm

It comes with a stand. Not sure whether I still have the software for the laptop though.

I bought it for my daughter thinking it was a ‘normal’ keyboard. :rolleyes:

PM me.....

I don’t think that’s what I’m looking for but thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭PopSensyDad

As space seems to be a matter, I recommend a digital stage piano.

In case of new reasonable pricing digital piano, I go for Korg or Casio. I never found great about Yamaha or Kawai in the lower price range. They sell/dispaly the budgets to recommend their mid-ranges. But for Korg/Casio, the price range is their main targets.

If a second hand CP/MP/RD/SP-xxxx in a good condition was available around, of course it wont disappoint you in terms of performance experience. Only the con is these are quite heavy to move around. Bit bigger than the aboves too. The size and weight are required for quality.

Happy shopping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I'm going to splash the cash soon on a Yamaha CLP-635 - pricey buts sounds incredible...

Sorry I’m only seeing these most recent replies now!

I eventually decided to go ahead and treat myself and so I got a Yamaha P125, and so far so good- hopefully it will have been worth the big price tag in the long run

Advertisement