Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound on video calls on iPhone 6 plus

Options
  • 13-06-2018 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭

Ok trying to have a conversation with someone and they can hear me but I can't hear them. They are on apple iphone 6 plus and I'm on Android. Tried WhatsApp and viber same issue. However when they facetime it works? I could heat their voice but it was so low and tinny.

Tried everything we could find online but no joy. Screen is replacement would that effect front mic? But facetime ok?

Any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Anyone help with this

Is it a case of doing a hard reset?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Try a hard reset, but it sounds like one of the mics is gone as can happen during a screen replacement. There are 3 mics. Facetime uses at least two of them for noise cancellation which is probably why its barely working.

Try a hard reset, but it sounds like one of the mics is gone as can happen during a screen replacement. There are 3 mics. Facetime uses at least two of them for noise cancellation which is probably why its barely working.

Will try hard reset but if it works on facetime but not other apps would it be the mic? Does facetime use a different mic?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I thought you said it sounded tinny on Facetime?

I thought you said it sounded tinny on Facetime?

Sorry it was tinny on all other video front facing apps other than facetime. I might bring it back to where I got screen replaced and say front mic is not working but how can it work on facetime and not anything else?

Can't do facetime on android and I tried all other apps but no sound. They can hear me but I can't hear them. Will try facetime someone with an apple phone and see how it goes

• Advertisement
Advertisement