Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to arrange a holiday for parents who haven't traveled much. I want to arrange

• 13-06-2018 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Is there any website where I can picj airports/destination/transfers/accommodation? I know I could go to a travel agent and get it all sorted but I'd prefer to do it all myself if at all possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you want to do it all yourself, you have to book flights and accommodation separately yourself. If your parents haven't travelled much then I'd strongly advise you to book a package with a travel company because they will arrange transfers, look after them if there's delays and your parents will have a local English-speaking contact in case there's any problem with the room or any other issue that needs sorting.

If you book the holiday yourself, they will be stuck in some foreign hotel with no local contact and they will have to figure out how to get between the airport and their hotel with a high probability that as soon as they walk into the arrivals hall at their destination airport, some local unofficial taxi driver will grab their bags, take them to their hotel via the scenic route and royally rip them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Ryanair do the whole package

Ryanair do the whole package

Ryanair Holidays you mean - which is a travel company. But unlike other travel companies, your destinations and flight times are dictated by the Ryanair timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

coylemj wrote:
    If you want to do it all yourself, you have to book flights and accommodation separately yourself. If your parents haven't travelled much then I'd strongly advise you to book a package with a travel company because they will arrange transfers, look after them if there's delays and your parents will have a local English-speaking contact in case there's any problem with the room or any other issue that needs sorting.

coylemj wrote:
    If you book the holiday yourself, they will be stuck in some foreign hotel with no local contact and they will have to figure out how to get between the airport and their hotel with a high probability that as soon as they walk into the arrivals hall at their destination airport, some local unofficial taxi driver will grab their bags, take them to their hotel via the scenic route and royally rip them off.

OK thanks. I'll stick with the package deal so. Any tips on who's best/who to avoid? Quick look on TUI lastnight and they seem decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

https://www.traveldepartment.ie/ is yer man
    My folks used them a few times, friends of my wifes parents used them a few times, all extremely happy with the service.
    They are an irish company so anyone on the same trip will be irish and not a mad mix of retired brits, aussies and yanks (or.... if you want to avoid irish people then conversely don't use the travel department!).

• Advertisement

+1 They provide an excellent service, have been with them for a few trips and no complaints at all. From talking to people on the trips, they get a huge amount of repeat business so have a large and loyal customer base which speaks for itself.
    They are an irish company so anyone on the same trip will be irish and not a mad mix of retired brits, aussies and yanks (or.... if you want to avoid irish people then conversely don't use the travel department!).

How much you interact with the other people on the trip is down to you.

Advertisement