Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POST OFFICE ROBBERY SLIGO

Options
  • 14-06-2018 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

The town is gone to fcuk altogether, nice to see those that carried out the deed were caught and charged this afternoon, that must be the second or third time that post office was robbed. :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Black Bart wrote: »
    The town is gone to fcuk altogether, nice to see those that carried out the deed were caught and charged this afternoon, that must be the second or third time that post office was robbed. :mad::mad::mad:

Last one who robbed it was a local. Half the people in the post office knew who he was :o

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Black Bart

I believe the two 18yo's who robbed the post office this time are from town as well. not a lot of thought gone in to it, lives ruined now.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr Devious

Maybe it’s time to teach the schools transition year students on “how to rob a small post office on the outskirts of a town” It might help some of these eejits to successfully pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Black Bart wrote: »
    I believe the two 18yo's who robbed the post office this time are from town as well. not a lot of thought gone in to it, lives ruined now.

Ruined! Probably just practising for the next heist, after a soft sentence from the Judge.

Only people I feel sorry for are the girls working up there, and the local community who use it every day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Since the observer is trying to block the page with poxy javascript:
    Two men in their late teens have appeared before Manorhamilton District Court in relation to a robbery at a Sligo post office yesterday afternoon (June 12, 2018).

Sean Lynch, 57 Knocknaganny Park, Sligo and Jack Gorevan, 5 Brook Grove, Farmhill, Strandhill Road, Sligo both faced a single count of robbery of €395 from Post Mistress, Ann Kelly, at Magheraboy Post Office on June 12 last.

Evidence of arrest, charge and caution was outlined by Gda Daniel Grimes and Gda Kevin Costello in Manorhamilton Court this morning.

The gardai noted that, when responding to the charges put to them, Mr Lynch said "I accept it", while Mr Gorevan said "I do deny that I took your €395".

Leitrim District Superintendent, Kevin English, said gardai had no objection to bail for the either defendant.

Judge Kevin Kilrane set bail at €300 for each, not cash.

Several conditions were imposed as part of bail including an order both men stay away from Magheraboy Post Office; that they not interfere with any witnesses and that they both surrender their passports and undertake not to apply for any new travel documents.

Both defendants were also ordered to provide phone numbers to gardai and to ensure these phones were charged at all times. A curfew has also been imposed between 10pm and 8am.

Solicitor, Gerry McGovern, has been approved as a Legal Aid representative for both men.

A file is now being prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

Judge Kilrane remanded both men on bail to appear before Sligo District Court on on July 19, 2018 for DPP directions.

Advertisement