Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Hector DANGER

Options
  • 14-06-2018 6:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've just been out for a walk to the shop (dublin 3 area), if you're planning to cycle to work I'd seriously reconsider it.

The wind is fierce, very random powerful gusts.

Just thought I'd warn you in advance (as a fellow cyclist),

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭py

What part of the country are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Lots of branches, twigs etc down around swords area also. The sort of things that cause a spill.
    Caution needed alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

py wrote: »
    What part of the country are you in?

Dublin north inner city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Roads from Firhouse to City Centre are all covered in branches and leaves near the kerbs. Down through the trees at Terenure College/Bushy Park was actually a bit ropey with the way trees were moving. On a more positive side, a journey that usually takes 20-25 mins took about 4 minutes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

It wasn't as bad as i was expecting it to be.
    Seen as the roads are dry and its bright out as compared to Winter when its dark and miserable,it wasn't really bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Was windy alright but not as bad as it has been over the past year. Was tough going into that headwind this morning though.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

That was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Was windy alright but not as bad as it has been over the past year. Was tough going into that headwind this morning though.

yep - problem is the wind is due to ease during the day so we won't even get proper payback by way of a tailwind this evening :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Drove in this morning. Cabra to city centre in 17 minutes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I had a guy behind me this morning who said drafting me made no difference. . Not sure whether this implied I seem slimmer or that I was really slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I wasn't sure whether I would cycle when I woke up at 4am this morning because of the noise of the wind. But it had eased a bit from 8am on. My route took me from Portmarnock, down the Malahide road and into town. It was slow enough going with that wind head on, but it was mostly fine all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

:confused::confused::confused:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Great tailwind this morning! I hope it eases off a bit before i head home! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I wasn't sure whether I would cycle when I woke up at 4am this morning because of the noise of the wind. But it had eased a bit from 8am on. My route took me from Portmarnock, down the Malahide road and into town. It was slow enough going with that wind head on, but it was mostly fine all in all.

you normally take the coast path, right? if so you made a wise choice this morning! it was a hard slog as expected most of the way but there were a few strong gusts which caused serious wobbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

you normally take the coast path, right? if so you made a wise choice this morning! it was a hard slog as expected most of the way but there were a few strong gusts which caused serious wobbles.

Yep, that's me. Knew to avoid the coast this morning, I had a couple of big gusts shortly after leaving my house and that made the decision for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Took the dog for a walk instead of a spin, lots of debris on the paths/roads around Dunshaughlin with very strong gusts. Seems to be dying down though as of 1pm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Borderfox wrote: »
    Took the dog for a walk instead of a spin, lots of debris on the paths/roads around Dunshaughlin with very strong gusts. Seems to be dying down though as of 1pm

NOOOO

I had a headwind the whole way in, I was due my tail wind, damn you weather people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Borderfox wrote: »

Wonderful news :cool:

Advertisement