Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord bankrupt

• 14-06-2018 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Ok I need help nobody I ring can point me in the right direction!!
    Myself and my husband are renting a house
    The wife is bankrupt and the ex husband doesn’t want his half so we are in limbo.
    We have a receiver in to collect 50% of the rent for the wife.
    We have been living here 9 years now and I don’t want to lose our home.
    My question is is it possible to make the bank an offer to buy the house or take over the mortgage?
    We have not received notice so god knows how long this house is gonna be here.
    The house is in negative equity the mortgage was €320000 and literally only a few payments were made and €50k interest on top of it, ( I don’t know how the house has not been repossessed) surely a bank would want to get this much off there books and possibly sell to us?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Also we were told 1 year ago this that the landlord was pocketing the rent for years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

The receiver will be your new landlord till the house is sold so you will be dealing with them a lot. You can always ask but as the property is in negative equity, the bank will want as much as possible so may but it on the market as properties are selling upwards of 50k over asking price (in some areas)

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Start looking they will want you out yesterday if they could.

Happened me where LL was not paying mortgage and even more crazy was it was one of many as a business of buy to let's.

At least 2 years no payment and we were turfed out as soon as bank took control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Most likely:
    Bank will want to sell it on the open market to ensure max returns
    To do so will require vacant possession

I'd start coming to terms with having to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Daniellek1

The receiver hasn’t come near us in a year I text and call looking for information and never get a reply it’s so frustrating!! They would be lucky to get 180k in my area the housing market still isn’t great so no matter what there is gonna be a loss

Advertisement