Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Log

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

England v Panama

Again I'm not a huge fan of this England side but do expect that to win. Panama have only scored ten in last ten (including five in a friendly v Grenada) whereas England have only conceded five in ten. I liked under 2.5 but with England looking at the Belgian GD (whether they have the ability to match any desire is another thing) and the fact most bookies are doing money back, double odds, etc on this I've decided to play around.

Harry Kane 1st goal €17 @ 2/1
    England win to nil, 6+ England corners & 3+ total cards €12.54 @ 3/1

Collie D wrote: »
    England v Panama

Again I'm not a huge fan of this England side but do expect that to win. Panama have only scored ten in last ten (including five in a friendly v Grenada) whereas England have only conceded five in ten. I liked under 2.5 but with England looking at the Belgian GD (whether they have the ability to match any desire is another thing) and the fact most bookies are doing money back, double odds, etc on this I've decided to play around.

Harry Kane 1st goal €17 @ 2/1
    England win to nil, 6+ England corners & 3+ total cards €12.54 @ 3/1

Nine game losing streak and I'm looking at an exit strategy. Would have lived with a loss of one or two hundred when I started but not even halfway through and I'm almost at the hundred down mark. Obviously the main point was to win money but I am enjoying having an interest and as someone who travels to Ireland games I obviously don't have an emotional interest in the tournament so nice to be something more than a neutral observer. Anyway...

Staked: €826.35
    P/L: -€71.49
    ROI: -8.65%

Japan v Senegal

Not gonna talk this one up as I'm fairly clueless on both sides (and in general judging my balance) so am stealing a tip from a site which sounds plausible due to how tight most first halves have been at this tournament. Evens is available on this bet but I can't use those firms right now.

Draw @ halftime €26.88 @ 5/6

Japan v Senegal

Not gonna talk this one up as I'm fairly clueless on both sides (and in general judging my balance) so am stealing a tip from a site which sounds plausible due to how tight most first halves have been at this tournament. Evens is available on this bet but I can't use those firms right now.

Draw @ halftime €26.88 @ 5/6

Jaysus, a winner. Out for day so hopefully I get a signal and battery lasts for next game.

Staked: €853.23
    P/L: -€49.09
    ROI: -5.75%

Poland v Colombia

I'm sure both of these sides would have expected this game to be a decider for topping the group but after both lost their openers, it's a fight to qualify with the loser going home. Expecting both to go for this in an open game and hopefully cancel each other out. This could be a cracker.

Draw €13.62 @ 12/5
    Robert Lewandowski 1st goal €10 @ 7/2

• Advertisement

Poland v Colombia

I'm sure both of these sides would have expected this game to be a decider for topping the group but after both lost their openers, it's a fight to qualify with the loser going home. Expecting both to go for this in an open game and hopefully cancel each other out. This could be a cracker.

Draw €13.62 @ 12/5
    Robert Lewandowski 1st goal €10 @ 7/2

And back to losing ways again. With group games on at same time as each other for next few days I'll have to consider whether to keep going or not as it's hard enough to pick one winner at the moment. Maybe small stake doubles for hopeful interest.

Staked: €876.85
    P/L: -€72.71
    ROI: -8.29%

We'll go on...

Egypt v Saudi Arabia

Not entirely sure Salah is fit and don't see where a Saudi goal is going to come from so going to take a chance that the run of scoring games in this tournament ends here.

Draw €13.49 including €10 free bet @ 12/5
    0-0 €5.09 @ 8/1

Uruguay v Russia

I'd imagine Uruguay were odds on to win this game before the tournament starts so willing to go with them at the prices. Russia have looked good in their two openers but against very limited opposition. I think Uruguay will be hard to beat if they go a goal up.

Luis Suarez 1st goal €10 @ 4/1
    1-0 to Uruguay €6.14 @ 6/1

Also €5 free bet double on Egypt-SA Draw @ 12/5 & Uruguay @ 13/8

We'll go on...

Egypt v Saudi Arabia

Not entirely sure Salah is fit and don't see where a Saudi goal is going to come from so going to take a chance that the run of scoring games in this tournament ends here.

Draw €13.49 including €10 free bet @ 12/5
    0-0 €5.09 @ 8/1

Uruguay v Russia

I'd imagine Uruguay were odds on to win this game before the tournament starts so willing to go with them at the prices. Russia have looked good in their two openers but against very limited opposition. I think Uruguay will be hard to beat if they go a goal up.

Luis Suarez 1st goal €10 @ 4/1
    1-0 to Uruguay €6.14 @ 6/1

Also €5 free bet double on Egypt-SA Draw @ 12/5 & Uruguay @ 13/8

Bit of a sickener there with the Saudis scoring with the last kick of the game. Draw there would have put me back in profit for the tournament. Suarez goal gives me a profit for the afternoon games.

Staked: €901.57
    P/L: -€47.43
    ROI: -5.26%

Quick posts before kickoff. Hopefully as straightforward as they look on paper.

Iran v Portugal

Portugal win to nil €24.10 including €5 free bet @ 8/5
    Cristiano Ronaldo 1st goal €19 @ 9/4
    1-0 Portugal €9.64 @ 11/2

Spain v Morocco

Spain -1 €40 free bet @ evens
    3-0 Spain €6.35 @ 8/1

Quick posts before kickoff. Hopefully as straightforward as they look on paper.

Iran v Portugal

Portugal win to nil €24.10 including €5 free bet @ 8/5
    Cristiano Ronaldo 1st goal €19 @ 9/4
    1-0 Portugal €9.64 @ 11/2

Spain v Morocco

Spain -1 €40 free bet @ evens
    3-0 Spain €6.35 @ 8/1

Injury time goals killing me over last few days.

Staked: €955.66
    P/L: -€101.52
    ROI: -10.62%

• Advertisement

Australia v Peru

I think Peru have been unlucky not to get anything from their first two games and am willing to take a chance on them salvaging some pride against an Australian side that needs the win.

Peru €27.48 @ 7/5
    Draw/Peru ht/ft €11.99 @ 9/2

Denmark v France

Another game where like Uruguay yesterday where when the fixtures were announced I'd have expected the favourite to be odds on. Both sides only need a draw to go through but I think France will go for all three points. If Denmark go behind they could be nervously looking over their shoulders at Australia so this may actually be an open enough game.

France €27.46 @ 11/10
    Both teams to score €25.63 @ 5/4

Australia v Peru

I think Peru have been unlucky not to get anything from their first two games and am willing to take a chance on them salvaging some pride against an Australian side that needs the win.

Peru €27.48 @ 7/5
    Draw/Peru ht/ft €11.99 @ 9/2

Denmark v France

Another game where like Uruguay yesterday where when the fixtures were announced I'd have expected the favourite to be odds on. Both sides only need a draw to go through but I think France will go for all three points. If Denmark go behind they could be nervously looking over their shoulders at Australia so this may actually be an open enough game.

France €27.46 @ 11/10
    Both teams to score €25.63 @ 5/4

Peru do the business but got the other game badly wrong so a loss overall for the afternoon games.

Staked: €1,048.22
    P/L: -€128.13
    ROI: -12.22%

Iceland v Croatia

Croatia have been best team of tournament so far for me so hoping they can get three wins out of three in group stages.

Croatia €30 @ 10/11
    Over 2.5 goals €25.20 @ 6/5

Nigeria v Argentina

On the other hand Argentina have been massively disappointing and at the prices I'm willing to take them on. Thought their heads went down after Croatia scored last week so not sure if they're up for a salvage job.

BTTS No €31.03 @ 11/10
    Nigeria or Draw €24 @ 17/10

Iceland v Croatia

Croatia have been best team of tournament so far for me so hoping they can get three wins out of three in group stages.

Croatia €30 @ 10/11
    Over 2.5 goals €25.20 @ 6/5

Nigeria v Argentina

On the other hand Argentina have been massively disappointing and at the prices I'm willing to take them on. Thought their heads went down after Croatia scored last week so not sure if they're up for a salvage job.

BTTS No €31.03 @ 11/10
    Nigeria or Draw €24 @ 17/10

2/2 on the Croatia game but bust on the other leaving a tiny profit for the evening matches yesterday.

Staked: €1,158.45
    P/L: -€125.62
    ROI: -10.84%

Mexico v Sweden

I've liked the look of Mexico so far and with Sweden needing to better Germany's result in order to qualify they'll have to go at them which will hopefully leave them open for Mexico to exploit. Loazano scored against Germany and has a better than 1 in 2 record in Holland which is not a much lower level than a lot of the Swedes play at. Nice price considering.

Mexico €31.50 @ 13/10
    Hirving Lozano 1st goal €9 @ 7/1

South Korea v Germany

Not really a lot to say on this. Don't see any other result than a German win.

Germany win to nil €30 @ evens
    Marco Reus anytime goal €28 @ 11/10

Mexico v Sweden

I've liked the look of Mexico so far and with Sweden needing to better Germany's result in order to qualify they'll have to go at them which will hopefully leave them open for Mexico to exploit. Loazano scored against Germany and has a better than 1 in 2 record in Holland which is not a much lower level than a lot of the Swedes play at. Nice price considering.

Mexico €31.50 @ 13/10
    Hirving Lozano 1st goal €9 @ 7/1

South Korea v Germany

Not really a lot to say on this. Don't see any other result than a German win.

Germany win to nil €30 @ evens
    Marco Reus anytime goal €28 @ 11/10

Genuinely don't know what to say to that. Also had €25 on Germany outright so throwing that in to my figures.

Staked: €1,281.95
    P/L: -€249.12
    ROI: -19.43%

And I think that's all she wrote for me. I said a hundred or two and this afternoon's games bring me over that so I'm out. Still have an outright bet on Brazil which hopefully limits the losses.

Advertisement