Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bib shorts for triathlon

Options
  • 14-06-2018 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Hi all, this could possibly be a very dumb question but here goes.
    Is it possible to use cycling bib shorts under the wetsuit in a triathlon. Just to be clear it's a cycling bib shorts, nothing tailored for triathlon. I have an event coming up and had planned on buying tri shorts but ran out of time!

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Arsenium wrote: »
    Hi all, this could possibly be a very dumb question but here goes.
    Is it possible to use cycling bib shorts under the wetsuit in a triathlon. Just to be clear it's a cycling bib shorts, nothing tailored for triathlon. I have an event coming up and had planned on buying tri shorts but ran out of time!

Thanks a lot.

The padding on tri-shorts is thin and dries almost instantaneously after the swim. This isn't the case with cycling shorts and wearing them in a triathlon, would likely make for an uncomfortable ride and they'd be worse again for the run. I'm guessing the triathlon you're doing isn't any longer than Olympic distance, so in real terms, the cycle won't be all that long. You'd get away with wearing swim jammers. I've done this before in an event with a 50km cycle and it was fine.

Advertisement