Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2018 Business discussion / issues

Options
  • 14-06-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Ok so I answered 3 long qs from section 1 of the long qs. Do I lose the full 60 marks or will I get any partial credit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Ok so I answered 3 long qs from section 1 of the long qs. Do I lose the full 60 marks or will I get any partial credit
    You will lose 60 marks unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Your three questions from section 1 will all be corrected out of 60 and your best two answers will be counted along with whatever mark you get from the question you answered in part 2....so yes unfortunatley you will lose 60 marks.

Dont be disheartened though..it is only 15% so you could still possibly get a H2 if everything else was full marks(very hard though!!!!!)
    ..but most likely you will get around a H3/ H4 depending on how well the questions and ABQ were answered!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Curiouscircus

There was a 20 marker on how Irish businesses benefit from the EMU. I read it as the EU. Wrote a lovely answer on benefits of the EU when I clocked that it was supposed to be the economic & monetary union. So I wrote one actual relevant point but had to move on. So my answer says free trade, eu financial aid/grants, interest rates (my only relevant point hahaa) and access to skilled labour. Anyone think I’d get marks for that ?? Ahaha this was my guaranteed H1 if I messed up that question I’m getting a H2

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Not to be negative but to be honest I can’t see you getting marks for those answers. They’re just not related to the EMU.
    I was always told that once a heading is wrong you’ll get no marks so unfortunately, you most likely won’t get any marks for expanding as once a heading is wrong, it is considered that what is written is also incorrect.

However there is the slim chance you may still get a H1 if all else was flawless, really doable considering how easy the paper was! Best of luck.

Ok thanks so much! At least I’ll get the 5 marks for the interest rates anyway so I lose 15 marks for that question instead of 20. Hopefully the rest of my paper was perfect haha

Yeah haha and do keep in mind that if there’s not enough H1s that the marking scheme may work to your benefit and they may give marks for something. You never know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pmrc

Did anyone find the paper difficult?

pmrc wrote: »
    Did anyone find the paper difficult?

I thought it was the easiest paper in years tbh, Disappointed at how basic some questions were and the lack of challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EuropeanUnion

There was a 20 marker on how Irish businesses benefit from the EMU. I read it as the EU. Wrote a lovely answer on benefits of the EU when I clocked that it was supposed to be the economic & monetary union. So I wrote one actual relevant point but had to move on. So my answer says free trade, eu financial aid/grants, interest rates (my only relevant point hahaa) and access to skilled labour. Anyone think I’d get marks for that ?? Ahaha this was my guaranteed H1 if I messed up that question I’m getting a H2

I think if you're lucky you might get the free trade point too! The EMU and membership of the Euro got rid of the trade barrier of currency conversion fees for Irish businesses selling to other countries in the Eurozone so I think you might get it! I wish you the best!

I think if you're lucky you might get the free trade point too! The EMU and membership of the Euro got rid of the trade barrier of currency conversion fees for Irish businesses selling to other countries in the Eurozone so I think you might get it! I wish you the best!

Yeah but it didn’t enable free trade, that’s the function of the single market. If lower transaction fees were mentioned in the answer, they they will probably get marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Sophie555

For Q6 part C, I stupidly didn't read the entire Q in the box part and took away the benefit in kind so my gross salary was wrong, how many marks would you think I'd get out of 20?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Tbh probably not that much!

You wont get the marks for your gross salary figure and only partial marks for your final answer.

But, vonsidering all other calculations and what you did with those calculations were right, you will get full marks on them.

Thats the handh thinga about these questions, if you make a mistake, you are only marked down on it once.
    For example if you calculated PAYE wrong, your figgure for Total Gross Tax will also be wrong bit you wont lose any more marks because of the same mistake.

I hope that makes some bit of sense

Advertisement