Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eindhoven Marathon

Options
  • 14-06-2018 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey considering running the Eindhoven Marathon this year in October. Was wondering if anyone had any experiences? Is it a fast flat pb course ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Brenny123 wrote: »
    Hey considering running the Eindhoven Marathon this year in October. Was wondering if anyone had any experiences? Is it a fast flat pb course ?

I’m an Irish man living in The Hague, roughly 40mins from Eindhoven. It’s flat, flat, flat here Dude. Have been in Eindhoven and nothing resembling a hill there. Always a marathon targeted by the East Africans for a quick time. Fantastic public transport here so don’t corner yourself to staying in Eindhoven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

It’s a very flat marathon, I think there might just be one on-ramp onto a bridge possibly, but pretty close to pancake flat. Race has a nice small town feel about it, but organisation is smooth. Pace groups were helpful if you’re chasing a round target. Nice city, the Phillips museum is an interesting way to pass a few hours the day before, and beers in the square after where the atmosphere was excellent. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HurlyBurly

Looking at doing this too.
    Doesn't look massive (~2000 finishers) but high quality & fast.
    Need to start booking flights & accom now as the costs seem to be going up every time I check.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

I’m in. Have an entry for Chicago too but after 2 in a row in the States logistically this is much easier so I’ll give this a go instead.

1 week to go. Folks still doing this one?
    Looking at the weather and it's showing over 20c and sunny all next weekend in Eindhoven - what gives!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

I’m out unfortunately - 4 week injury and 2 week illness put too much of a dent into my plan. Good luck to everyone else.

Would recommend Eindhoven as a marathon (assuming the roasting conditions of yesterday are as rare as they say)
    Flat flat course (hard to imagine when you run in Ireland that a course can be this flat). Surprisingly good support all around including lots of bands, especially good last 2k, it's a small city and they seem to treat it as a weekend running festival with lots of other races for kids, 5km 10k, 1/2 but none of them clashing with the marathon itself.
    The after party seemed mad with the streets packed with people drinking and music blaring.
    The sun & heat done for me from half way. On Friday the forecast was about 18 cloudy and rainy instead it turned into 20c clear blue skies and sunny for the 10am start and was up to 24 or 25 by the time was finishing.
    I thought by picking an October marathon I was going to get decent running weather - but that's marathon life I guess.

It's a lovely city to visit too, being relatively small you won't wear yourself out having a potter around the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brenny123

Yeah I did Eindhoven Marathon last year and its an excellent marathon (though we got a stinker of a hot day). Its very flat and the atmosphere is very good. Great amount of people in the city centre after for food and drinks also. I'd suggest it to anyone looking for an alternate to DCM.

Advertisement