Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boycotting Paddy Power over Russia scoring fiasco.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

So patronizing to people who think differently.

Not to people who think differently... to people who think differently AND WANT TO FORCE ME TO LIVE BY *THEIR* BELIEFS.

That's where the line gets drawn, and that's why Russia's attitude towards LGBTQ+ people is so vile.

Should we put non-vegans in concentration camps because they're a minority that very loudly disagrees with the status quo?
    Definitely not!
    I'd love it if they'd pipe down, but they have every right to be vegan.

and vegans don't disappear, get murdered etc.. they can get married to whomever they want etc.

and being vegan is a CHOICE. Being gay certainly is not.

Should we allow anyone to beat blondes into a coma? Yes, they could change their hair color and pretend to be brunettes or redheads... but they shouldn't have to... just like I shouldn't have to pretend to be straight.

If you're trying to force me to live by your rules, you're going to get a fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Maybe Paddy can donate towards the families of Flight MH17 too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

maybe PP should have done it the other way around and for every goal scored AGAINST Russia they would donate money to LGBTQI groups, I imagine LGBTQI groups dont know who to support, surely a conflict of interests

That's a really good point. Whatever effect it's having on Russian fans it will have the exact opposite effect on LGBTQI advocates who will be just as conflicted. Everyone will end up confused over who they're supposed to be cheering for. The entering of money into it is just a really bad thing. The difference of course being that it could get to the players in some way, including by the almost certainty that some players will share many of the views of the government (as do many fair, smart and informed people in other countries).

There are like 20 bookmakers. I genuinely think this could cause people who don't like the full-on SJW rainbow parades to be inclined against Paddy Power. Just because Paddy Power are a multi-million euro company they think they're being smart and have a clue what they're doing, based on this I highly doubt it.

Heebie wrote: »
    Not to people who think differently... to people who think differently AND WANT TO FORCE ME TO LIVE BY *THEIR* BELIEFS.

That's where the line gets drawn, and that's why Russia's attitude towards LGBTQ+ people is so vile.

Should we put non-vegans in concentration camps because they're a minority that very loudly disagrees with the status quo?
    Definitely not!
    I'd love it if they'd pipe down, but they have every right to be vegan.

and vegans don't disappear, get murdered etc.. they can get married to whomever they want etc.

and being vegan is a CHOICE. Being gay certainly is not.

Should we allow anyone to beat blondes into a coma? Yes, they could change their hair color and pretend to be brunettes or redheads... but they shouldn't have to... just like I shouldn't have to pretend to be straight.

If you're trying to force me to live by your rules, you're going to get a fight!

It's the exact opposite. It's the west trying to force people in Russia how to live by their ideals.

Disappear? Murder? Stop believing the western garbage, none of that ever happens in Russia. If it happens in Russia then I can say it happens in the US, UK and Ireland as well, huh?

Again, there are innumerable huge openly displayed gay clubs right in the heart of Moscow, St. Petersberg, Vladivostok. There is no persecution against homosexual people in Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

That's a really good point. Whatever effect it's having on Russian fans it will have the exact opposite effect on LGBTQI advocates who will be just as conflicted. Everyone will end up confused over who they're supposed to be cheering for. The entering of money into it is just a really bad thing. The difference of course being that it could get to the players in some way, including by the almost certainty that some players will share many of the views of the government (as do many fair, smart and informed people in other countries).

There are like 20 bookmakers. I genuinely think this could cause people who don't like the full-on SJW rainbow parades to be inclined against Paddy Power. Just because Paddy Power are a multi-million euro company they think they're being smart and have a clue what they're doing, based on this I highly doubt it.

Money talks and if pp give me 2-1 odds and ladbrokes give me 6-4, I know which one I’m taking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

It's the exact opposite. It's the west trying to force people in Russia how to live by their ideals.

Disappear? Murder? Stop believing the western garbage, none of that ever happens in Russia. If it happens in Russia then I can say it happens in the US, UK and Ireland as well, huh?

Again, there are innumerable huge openly displayed gay clubs right in the heart of Moscow, St. Petersberg, Vladivostok. There is no persecution against homosexual people in Russia.

How is the weather in St Petersburg tonight? Hope the factory has AC!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/peter-tatchell-moscow-arrest-russia-world-cup-2018-lgbt-gay-rights-protest-red-square-a8398691.html

He was arrested for protesting against the dictatorship, being gay or both.

There is no persecution against homosexual people in Russia.

Save it for the cross burning, Adolf. Now you're just talking out of your hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

wexie wrote: »
    It's PearsonVue that do the exams for that no?

The course is a pain in the ass though.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    How is the weather in St Petersburg tonight? Hope the factory has AC!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/peter-tatchell-moscow-arrest-russia-world-cup-2018-lgbt-gay-rights-protest-red-square-a8398691.html

He was arrested for protesting against the dictatorship, being gay or both.

He was arrested for being a public nuisance.

As far as I'm concerned, the person who called me "Hitler" is a scumbag who doesn't deserve a response or for his (I'm sure ridiculous) link to be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

I'm boycotting Paddy Power due to them donating of €10,000 for each goal scored by Russia to "LGBTQ rights".

It's just such a bad move, and in such bad faith.

Keep football out of politics.
    Lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement