Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderation on Personal Issues Forum

Options
  • 15-06-2018 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭

Hi

I feel moderation on the Personal Issues forum is somewhat lacking.

Far to often I see responders to a thread take the opportunity to take a swipe at the OP.

I won't give any examples here because it wouldn't be appropriate.

Yes I see that if one does't give advice it is highlighted by a mod, but often advice is given that has noting to do with the OP. And often it's a veiled swipe.

I think thread posters on the forum are often in some serious distress and I think all responses should tackle the issue at hand and if they don't their posts should be deleted. Not yellow or red cared, but deleted.

I think the last thing anyone wants when they take the trouble to ask a question about a serious issue in their life is to have Ms Maples chirp in and make them feel worse when they really don't know anything about the person or the life of the person who is posting.

Thanks

AllForIt.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

This forum is for the discussion of issues that pertain on a site-wide basis and not for forum-specific issues.

The appropriate place to discuss moderation of a single forum is Help Desk.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement