Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biscuits for Chocolate biscuit cake

Options
  • 15-06-2018 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭

What's the best kind of biscuits to crush for chocolate biscuit cake?

OK, I know it's a matter of personal taste, obviously.

And also the traditional main ingredient is the Rich Tea biscuit.

But I have heard of those who add a percentage of Digestive biscuits which must vary the flavour a little. Slightly more salty, grainy, I imagine?

Opinions, you good folk that are wise in matters of the palate? Anyone got better suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Gingernuts!

Haven't made a chocolate biscuit cake myself, but I've switched in gingernuts in a few other recipes which normally use digestives etc and it's always been delicious - they have that crisp, crystalline structure that really holds up well when broken into little chunks and doesn't get stodgy or mushy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Oh sorry - I see now that there was a previous thread on this subject, some years ago...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=205723498
    B0jangles wrote: »
    Gingernuts!

Haven't made a chocolate biscuit cake myself, but I've switched in gingernuts in a few other recipes which normally use digestives etc and it's always been delicious - they have that crisp, crystalline structure that really holds up well when broken into little chunks and doesn't get stodgy or mushy.

Never thought of gingernuts. Don't they taste gingery?

Also never knew that golden syrup could be used: my recipe is just for a can of condensed milk: darn good it is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

I use chocolate digestives. McVities or store own brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Oh sorry - I see now that there was a previous thread on this subject, some years ago...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=205723498

Never thought of gingernuts. Don't they taste gingery?

Also never knew that golden syrup could be used: my recipe is just for a can of condensed milk: darn good it is too.

Yeah, lovely n gingery they are :D They go particularly well with dark chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

My Granny sweared by rich tea,digestive and marriott biscults.Ive made it myself delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I use a mix of digestives and rich tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Plus one on the gingernuts. And of course they taste gingery. That's kind of the whole point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Cadburys Chocolate Fingers broken in to chunks. The existing chocolate coating stops them from going soggy

Advertisement