Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

People seem to be conflating 2016 campaign with 2018 campaign.I thought this was the 2018 forum. it is making for confusing reading and the spread of misinformation. The interview stage has not been reached for 2018 campaign. The results of supervised assessments haven't even been issued yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

This waiting for results is so hard. Im convinced I didn't make the cut this time as I struggled with the numerical questions. Just want to know for definite so I can look at other options.

ShazGV wrote: »
    Has anyone been called to interview for Leitrim yet?

This campaign is not at interview stage yet. You're looking for the 2016 one for updates.

davidblake wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me when they will be giving the results of the assesments that took place in Dublin?

Usually 2-3 weeks after the testing window closes. That was Aug 29th for this batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dilw2

Samsgirl wrote: »
    This waiting for results is so hard. Im convinced I didn't make the cut this time as I struggled with the numerical questions. Just want to know for definite so I can look at other options.

I presumed ye would have results by now, maybe next week!
    Hopefully they'll start calling more of us to stage 2 then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    People seem to be conflating 2016 campaign with 2018 campaign.I thought this was the 2018 forum. it is making for confusing reading and the spread of misinformation. The interview stage has not been reached for 2018 campaign. The results of supervised assessments haven't even been issued yet.
    This campaign is not at interview stage yet. You're looking for the 2016 one for updates.

We seem to be moving at a different pace to the rest of the country so. The supervised assessments were back in July for us, results sent a week later, applications sent & interviews due to be this month according to their timeline. Was just wondering if anyone had been called yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

This is all very confusing! Can we please just discuss the 2018 campaign on this thread.
    With this in mind, has anybody who did the 2018 campaign supervised stage 1 tests, heard back from PAS yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

ShazGV wrote: »
    We seem to be moving at a different pace to the rest of the country so. The supervised assessments were back in July for us, results sent a week later, applications sent & interviews due to be this month according to their timeline. Was just wondering if anyone had been called yet.

That's the 2016 campaign, it has been said in that thread that they aren't calling any more people for interview, anyone who has done the tests won't be called now as that panel closes end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

So regarding the current CO roles advertised on public jobs, will people on the shortlist be automatically higher up than me if I were to apply now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

splashuum wrote: »
    So regarding the current CO roles advertised on public jobs, will people on the shortlist be automatically higher up than me if I were to apply now?

Do you mean the Revenue/ Customs CO roles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

The application part of the process is closed. You can't apply now. It seems to open up once every two years for this particular role.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭splashuum

Do you mean the Revenue/ Customs CO roles?
    Yes, are these entirely seperate?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

yes that is a completely seperate competition with an independent process which has yet to commence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Yes its entirely separate from this. This is the general service competition while the customs roles have different terms and conditions of employment.

There is also a separate thread for the Customs roles:-

Clerical Officer 2018 in Revenue - Customs Trade Facilitation
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057907294

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Would anyone know when the results of stage 2 tests are to be released?

• Advertisement

Nope, am hoping this week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Nope, am hoping this week though.

im one of those waiting too, dont hold out much hope though. it was a disaster.:(

lamb stew wrote: »
    im one of those waiting too, dont hold out much hope though. it was a disaster.:(

Same here. Just want to see it in writing that Im out, just to know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

I wish they'd hurry up with them. The waiting is killing me....

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stinkbomb

Is anyone doing Clerical Officer first round testing in Meath tomorrow? Or has anyone who did it previously tell me what to expect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Ciabris

They were meant to be released last fri 14th but have been pushed back now to Fri 28th Sept as they haven't finished processing them ðŸ€

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

stinkbomb wrote: »
    Is anyone doing Clerical Officer first round testing in Meath tomorrow? Or has anyone who did it previously tell me what to expect?

Is this for 2018 permenant campaign? Thought last day of testing was 29/8

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Ciabris wrote: »

They were meant to be released last fri 14th but have been pushed back now to Fri 28th Sept as they haven't finished processing them ðŸ€
    Oh no. Did PAS told you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

I think you might be referring to the Meath Co Council clerical officer comp?? This thread is for Civil Service comp.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ciabris

busymammy wrote: »
    Oh no. Did PAS told you that?

Yes I was told on Fri morn last when I called. Long wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

Anyone know where they're at on the OOM for Cork Stage 2 exams ??

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stinkbomb

liniloo wrote: »
    I think you might be referring to the Meath Co Council clerical officer comp?? This thread is for Civil Service comp.:)

Yes, I realise that now. Should start a new one for Meath Co Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Yes, I realise that now. Should start a new one for Meath Co Co.

Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

Stage 2 results are out...

I got a text and email around 16:00 to check my message board.

I somehow passed, absolutely delighted! I was convinced I failed due to that nasty numerical reasoning test.

Only got my OOM for one county so far.

Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

336699 wrote: »
    Stage 2 results are out...

I got a text and email around 16:00 to check my message board.

I somehow passed, absolutely delighted! I was convinced I failed due to that nasty numerical reasoning test.

Only got my OOM for one county so far.

Best of luck everyone!

What region were they for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Mine just arrived in my inbox now. They must be spaced out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Huntline wrote: »
    What region were they for?

I got an OOM for Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Just got my oom for Kerry. Delighted ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just got my oom for Kerry. Delighted ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nynaeve

Do you reckon they are doing them in County order or pass/fail order maybe? I still haven't heard a thing, but I'm wicklow/wexford. Very nervous now!

Result in for limerick.
    Passed snd and got oom. Am shocked I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Same here!

Great! That was some wait wasn’t it? How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

Grinchy88 wrote: »
    I got an OOM for Galway

Me too. OOM in 40's. Absolutely delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Mayo results in. Hopefully doing them all this evening.

• Advertisement

Nynaeve wrote: »
    Do you reckon they are doing them in County order or pass/fail order maybe? I still haven't heard a thing, but I'm wicklow/wexford. Very nervous now!

It appears that the results are being released alphabetically by county.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I got OOM 23 for Offaly what’s the chance of a job from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mchammered

got my oom for this comp there. ( Limerick and Clare ). wondering how the 2 locations work can i refuse 1 and wait for the other if offered a job. Or is it based on what you put down as 1 and 2 originally. I presume you can choose. Would they tell you which department its with?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Heuston14

Does your OOM change after interview? Or, is it a case that you just need to pass the interview stage? TIA for any answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mchammered

Heuston14 wrote: »
    Does your OOM change after interview? Or, is it a case that you just need to pass the interview stage? TIA for any answers.

interview is just pass/fail i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Interview was just pass/fail in 2016 and you retained your stage two oom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Can’t believe I passed the numerical part of stage 2, delighted! Did your oom change much after stage 2?

Interview is pass or fail. Your OOM will not change anymore.

sinny65 wrote: »
    Can’t believe I passed the numerical part of stage 2, delighted! Did your oom change much after stage 2?

Same here!

I jumped from top 50 to top 20 and from top 30 to top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

336699 wrote: »
    sinny65 wrote: »

Same here!

I jumped from top 50 to top 20 and from top 30 to top 5.
    What is your chosen county?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Betty10

Thrilled that I passed, like others found numerical difficult. Got OOM for Leitrim & Longford. Anyone have any idea how many people were placed in Leitrim in 2016 campaign ? (my first choice).

• Advertisement
Advertisement