Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

what's the email address to contact PAS about clerical officer 2018 please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nynaeve

foreverme wrote: »
    what's the email address to contact PAS about clerical officer 2018 please? Thanks.

Clerical2018@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

thanks for that. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Molly2016

Any tips for interview, is it as hard as the HSE one or is it abit more relaxed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

hey folks as regards the garda vetting form where can the candidate number and the applicant details be found. The boxes are so messed up on the form are so messed up I dont know what to fill

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lexa15

I was talking to a friend who had the interview for the Dublin CO campaign and she had to complete a competency based form to give to the interviewers. I'm just wondering if I've missed anything? There's no mention of this form in the required docs to bring on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

lexa15 wrote: »
    I was talking to a friend who had the interview for the Dublin CO campaign and she had to complete a competency based form to give to the interviewers. I'm just wondering if I've missed anything? There's no mention of this form in the required docs to bring on the day.

for the Dublin CO there was no application form at the beginning, they already have our details so we won't be getting another one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

hey folks as regards the garda vetting form where can the candidate number and the applicant details be found. The boxes are so messed up on the form are so messed up I dont know what to fill

I downloaded libre office, its a free opensource office program similar to microsoft office. It has its own version of excel, word, etc. The garda vetting form printed out almost perfect on it. its the application i have gotten the best results on. (still some slight formatting issues, but mostly perfect) - if you still have time before your interview, try it and see how it works for you.

still doesnt tell me what to enter in the boxes. Anyone any ideas. No idea what applicant details means

still doesnt tell me what to enter in the boxes. Anyone any ideas. No idea what applicant details means

If you're not in today, I'd send them an email. Maybe they can send you a PDF version to print or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

Are the boxes all messed up? If they are you might have to download the form in Microsoft Word and then print it off. The one they sent me was all messed up but someone on here told me to get it direct off the publicjobs website and it printed off ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ciao Belle

Hi all

Feel really silly asking this but I'm due to have interview this morning and forgot to confirm my attendance by email by Wed 03/10. Should I still go along do ya think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ciao Belle wrote: »
    Hi all

Feel really silly asking this but I'm due to have interview this morning and forgot to confirm my attendance by email by Wed 03/10. Should I still go along do ya think?

You've nothing to loose by going

Ciao Belle wrote: »
    Hi all

Definitely go. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

Hi! Anyone hear anything about the Kildare interviews? Have people been called etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bunty7

Anyone who has attended for interview - did they accept passport instead of Birth Cert? Thought I had birth cert but can't find it. The notes they gave said 'Passport may be acceptable as an alternative to your birth certificate' which is neither here nor there really.

bunty7 wrote: »
    Anyone who has attended for interview - did they accept passport instead of Birth Cert? Thought I had birth cert but can't find it. The notes they gave said 'Passport may be acceptable as an alternative to your birth certificate' which is neither here nor there really.

They took my passport no bother, I had birth certificate too just in case, but they were happy with my passport

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bunty7

Thanks.

Mskimee wrote: »
    They took my passport no bother, I had birth certificate too just in case, but they were happy with my passport

How did your interview go?

• Advertisement

Interview was okay I think. Two of the nicest people you could ever meet sitting in front of you made it infinitely better, though I was still bricking it lol

Highlight of the day was meeting a fellow boardsie in the waiting area ;)

lexa15 wrote: »
    How did your interview go?

I can’t say for sure, but I think I ballsed up a few of the answers. I’m sitting here over analysing and reliving every word, hand gesture and glance. You know yourself! Crossing toes and fingers! I was called later than my interview time and was starting to worry I’d messed time/date/location up! So going in I was already a nervous wreck!! All I can do now is sit and wait for any news!!

Mskimee wrote: »
    I can’t say for sure, but I think I ballsed up a few of the answers. I’m sitting here over analysing and reliving every word, hand gesture and glance. You know yourself! Crossing toes and fingers!

I'm sure you done better than you think. That's me after every interview too, I'm up next week! Best of luck with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Was the interview based on your application form?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 doteen

Do they give you information in the interview about the location and duration of the job and hours etc? Did the interview take long? Was it based on the application form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭mur223

zoeybelle wrote: »
    Hi! Anyone hear anything about the Kildare interviews? Have people been called etc?

hi zoeybelle, no I havnt heard anything yet about interviews for kildare. What is your OOM? I'm 23

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

SB1982 wrote: »
    Does anyone know at what stage I need to provide references. My interview is next week. Do I need to bring a list with me or will they contact me if I pass the interview to request them then?

They will ask for them when you get the job.

Would love to hear feedback about interview please

Also cant get a reply from them re the garda vetting form and the boxes

Anyone any idea where I find this info to complete the boxes on the form

Candidate Number (to be completed by applicant)
    Applicant Details: (to be completed by applicant)

You'd be as well to just email them and let them know you're not seeing the information on the form and if they can forward you a pdf version or some other version where you can fill in those details ?

If you're asking whats on applicant details. Its your name, address, etc and they go in the boxes. They and candidate number can be found on the homepage of publicjobs.ie when you login

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

If you Google "Publicjobs evetting form" you can click on a link and it downloads it.
    click enable printing and it prints perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Richie71

Candidate Number (to be completed by applicant) Applicant Details: (to be completed by applicant)

The boxes immediately beside Applicant Detail do not have to be filled in. (This appears to be an error on the form) Just fill in the ones below with name address etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ismisebridget

I did my interview yesterday. It was a full 25 minutes and I was interviewed intensely by both. I basically had to tell my life story! I have no idea if I gave good answers because they did not smile or show much of a response until the interview was completely over but they were very nice and I did my best so fingers crossed.
    I was told to check the notice board on public jobs.ie in about two weeks.

super thanks. I have emailed them and no reply yet. Thanks but the form doesnt print out for me correctly. Already emailed them. The one they sent me directly had multiple boxes all over the page. The boxes beside applicant details remain a mystery

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

I did my interview yesterday. It was a full 25 minutes and I was interviewed intensely by both. I basically had to tell my life story! I have no idea if I gave good answers because they did not smile or show much of a response until the interview was completely over but they were very nice and I did my best so fingers crossed.
    I was told to check the notice board on public jobs.ie in about two weeks.

Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t done an interview in years, getting even more nervous now!

How were people dressed, men in suits etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 botharbui

Anyone on the all irish panel? or heard anything about results of supervised tests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

I'm like the cat on the hot tin roof waiting to hear if I passed interview. I definitely felt it wasn't my best effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ismisebridget

336699 wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t done an interview in years, getting even more nervous now!

How were people dressed, men in suits etc?

Everyone there was wearing business attire. Men in suits and women in suits or dressy trousers and heels. I should have worn heels because literally every other woman in there was.

Everyone there was wearing business attire. Men in suits and women in suits or dressy trousers and heels. I should have worn heels because literally every other woman in there was.

Thanks.

I wouldn’t worry about the heels, not going to make any difference regarding the interview.

Stay positive, best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

Don’t worry about it, you wont loose any points because of your clothes or footwear. Im sure you looked fine :)

I'm like the cat on the hot tin roof waiting to hear if I passed interview. I definitely felt it wasn't my best effort.

I could be wrong but I’d say everyone will find out the outcome of the interviews on the same day like previous stages.

There are more interviews next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

336699 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I’d say everyone will find out the outcome of the interviews on the same day like previous stages.

There are more interviews next week.

Yes, there are more interviews next week. I'm up on Wednesday next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Anniesland wrote: »
    Yes, there are more interviews next week. I'm up on Wednesday next.

Yea the 2016 group found out on different days and I was told within ten days which would be wednesday.. Don't think we'll all find out the same time

I took 10 days to mean 10 working days so I wouldnt be panicking come mid next week :D

I wonder do many people fail the interview?..

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Laraghcon21

Do you stay at your OOM after interview?

Do you stay at your OOM after interview?

Yes, you do. The interview works on a Pass/Fail scenario.

New Garda vetting form now available for people yet to attend interview. You’ll get a message on your message board.

and still doesnt print properly lol

and still doesnt print properly lol

I know!

I can barely fit in my address, I’ll just fill it in the best I can. They are obviously aware of the issue so should be ok.

They could always get us to fill in correctly printed forms whilst we’re there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Riverstown1

Any movement on the Louth/Meath campaign??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Any movement on the Louth/Meath campaign??

I emailed PAS a couple of weeks ago & was told they have called 57 to stage 2 for Meath.

Advertisement