Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

laoisgem wrote: »
    Am I the only one that found the interview brutal?

One guy was lovely but the woman was a right wagon, I felt about an inch tall coming out of there 😢

No, I found it tough too. I found them very hard to read and I think it unnerved me and I babbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Am I the only one that found the interview brutal?

One guy was lovely but the woman was a right wagon, I felt about an inch tall coming out of there 😢

They're always the same. One is the good cop and one is the bad cop as such. Its a way of seeing if you can hold your nerve under pressure. You've come this far so relax now, nothing else you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

Anyone from Cork been called to interview yet ? Wondering where they're at on the OOM for Cork interviews ? Thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Spoke to Pas today and first batch of interviews end today. Results in 2-3 weeks time .

Aisinikins wrote: »
    Spoke to Pas today and first batch of interviews end today. Results in 2-3 weeks time .

At the interview I was told approx 10 days, but that would be 10 working days so a good bit to wait yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

I felt a little like you, I just think they are trying to stop us straying from subjects so we stick to the competencies. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Interview Done :) Here’s hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

336699 wrote: »
    Thanks, I suppose different interviewers have different techniques. Just the luck of the draw who you get.

How did you get on with your interview?:)

I found it intense but I guess everyone’s different. They asked everything within the competencies and it felt like they were trying to throw u.

I taught I had prepared really well and knew the competencies and examples inside out but still felt like that wasn’t enough. I’m not trying to scare anyone but to say it was a walk in the park and just know ur 4 competencies is enough is disingenuous.

Prepare for absolutely everything!

Oh and the very best of luck to everyone ��

Same here...there were one or two places where I felt they were trying to throw me with the questions asked. Like you I felt I knew all my examples inside out but It's still very hard to gauge how you did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ismisebridget

SB1982 wrote: »
    Same here...there were one or two places where I felt they were trying to throw me with the questions asked. Like you I felt I knew all my examples inside out but It's still very hard to gauge how you did.

I did my interview two weeks ago this Wednesday and I was told to check the notice board in 2 or 3 weeks for a response. I assume that means I will get an email from them this week then? I went for the Waterford interview.

I did my interview two weeks ago this Wednesday and I was told to check the notice board in 2 or 3 weeks for a response. I assume that means I will get an email from them this week then? I went for the Waterford interview.

I had my interview on Friday just gone, and we were told 2-3 weeks wait.
    I assumed the results for batch 1 interviews come to everyone in Batch 1 on the same day so I'm not sure how it works???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I wouldnt plan for you to hear anything before Wednesday so. I was told 10 days and I did mine on the Monday before you, so I'm just planning any day this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 doawheelie2020

hi, I passed all stages and was successful in the interview for the Dublin clerical officer a few months ago. I'm in batch 3 in the oom. Does anybody know how many they take on? I think my position wont be reached?. I would like to get an idea if I will get offered a job as I started third level and don't wont to loose my fees if I am offered a position next spring some time?.
    thanks very much

You would wonder why they drag the arse out it. Like, you only pass/fail on the day so surely by the end of the interviews for that batch they pretty much know the results.

hi, I passed all stages and was successful in the interview for the Dublin clerical officer a few months ago. I'm in batch 3 in the oom. Does anybody know how many they take on? I think my position wont be reached?. I would like to get an idea if I will get offered a job as I started third level and don't wont to loose my fees if I am offered a position next spring some time?.
    thanks very much

I think this is the thread you're looking for - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057787083

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Anyone know when batch 2 will be called to Dublin for the interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

I'll take solace that no one else has heard back from the interview. It's nerve wrecking really.

I'll take solace that no one else has heard back from the interview. It's nerve wrecking really.

Every new email received causes the heart to flutter a little bit more...... but nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

How do you get on the clerical officer higher scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Patg2017

Does anybody know how many have been called to the supervised tests for limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jayan

Any movement on the Louth/Meath campaign??

I attended the north Dublin n county interview n I’m on 184 in the panel, no info yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭claregal1

Paddy93 wrote: »

Unless you have previous service you start at the bottom of the payscales. If you have previous service you get proof from HR of what ever scale you were on in your previous department and submit it to either HR or peoplepoint - which ever does the payroll

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

claregal1 wrote: »
    Unless you have previous service you start at the bottom of the payscales. If you have previous service you get proof from HR of what ever scale you were on in your previous department and submit it to either HR or peoplepoint - which ever does the payroll

I think the poster is refering to the difference between CO and CO (Higher Scale). There are different increments, in that it looks like and separate job title.

I do not know how to to get on Higher Scale op but i would be interested to know also.

olly2018 wrote: »
    I think the poster is refering to the difference between CO and CO (Higher Scale). There are different increments, in that it looks like and separate job title.

I do not know how to to get on Higher Scale op but i would be interested to know also.

Is this the restoration pay scales you are thinking of ? As far as I know it will be automatically applied to your salary in April when it comes in to effect .

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

claregal1 wrote: »
    Is this the restoration pay scales you are thinking of ? As far as I know it will be automatically applied to your salary in April when it comes in to effect .

Yes this is it I think. Is it only existing civil servants that get on that payscale?

olly2018 wrote: »
    Yes this is it I think. Is it only existing civil servants that get on that payscale?

Not 100 % sure but as far as I know all pay scales will be in line with pre 2013 pay scales from April . I'm on my 4th increment go to my 5th in Nov and in April go to the 6th payscale to bring me in line with what the payscales would have been pre 2013 ..that's My understanding of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

I asked this before and someone said it was a separate campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BonnieB

Not sure if its the same in all departments but in our department the CO higher scale is based on seniority. There is a percentage of CO staff on the CO higher scale and the people with longer service get priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

BonnieB wrote: »
    Not sure if its the same in all departments but in our department the CO higher scale is based on seniority. There is a percentage of CO staff on the CO higher scale and the people with longer service get priority.

Hi I tco for 3 years so if if I get permentant do I keep my pay scale and do I go up a scale then with the new scale comming in. Thanks for thehelp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

podsull1 wrote: »
    Hi I tco for 3 years so if if I get permentant do I keep my pay scale and do I go up a scale then with the new scale comming in. Thanks for thehelp

You keep it. But you need your local HR/wages dept to notify your new dept of your current point on the scale and salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

You keep it. But you need your local HR/wages dept to notify your new dept of your current point on the scale and salary.

Thasks so much for the reply kind of you, also with the new scale coming out soon will I jump up one or two

What is the new scale? Does this mean that pay will go up soon for new starters from what it is currently?
    isn't it €23,565 at the moment...is this going to increase again in the new year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What is the new scale? Does this mean that pay will go up soon for new starters from what it is currently?
    isn't it €23,565 at the moment...is this going to increase again in the new year?

Went up 1october.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Pay restoration and nothing has been finalized about it yet, there is a pay increase in January and one again in September of 1% and 1.75% respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

I'm may actually go bald from pulling my hair out, waiting for the interview result!!

I'm may actually go bald from pulling my hair out, waiting for the interview result!!

Mee too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Has anyone heard for Clare????

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nynaeve

Anyone done this before? Will the interview results all come together like in other rounds? Most people seem to have been told in and around ten days, which means I've still got ages to wait!!

Nynaeve wrote: »
    Anyone done this before? Will the interview results all come together like in other rounds? Most people seem to have been told in and around ten days, which means I've still got ages to wait!!

I don't think anyone has been told for this campaign yet and if they have they are keeping it well on the down low.

I'd say its looking like all on the same day, so probably November 2nd as that'll be 2 weeks from last interview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

How did you get on with your interview?:)

I felt it went well, thanks.

Both interviewers were absolutely lovely, they fully explained the whole process to me at the start of the interview. I was very nervous answering the 1st question and started to babble but they rephrased the question for me. A few unexpected questions but I was able to answer them.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    You would wonder why they drag the arse out it. Like, you only pass/fail on the day so surely by the end of the interviews for that batch they pretty much know the results.

My understanding is that the hand written notes have to be computeriesed, a score assigned for each competency, scores collated, reviewed, then a pass/fail result given once your score is compared to qualifying score.

Saying that, I’m sure the interviewers know if you’ve passed or failed by the end of the interview but they have a procedure to follow.

Rikand wrote: »
    I don't think anyone has been told for this campaign yet and if they have they are keeping it well on the down low.

I'd say its looking like all on the same day, so probably November 2nd as that'll be 2 weeks from last interview

No results have been released yet.

I’d say the earliest we will hear is Friday, November 2nd or the week beginning Monday, November 5th.

I could be wrong though but I’d be very surprised if we heard this week.

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Has anyone heard for Clare????

I have Clare as my 1st choice and Limerick as my second.
    I was interviewed last week for Limerick, but no word on Clare yet (though I know the one interview does both counties). I am not sure if anyone has been interviewed for Clare yet. From what I hear Clare has a large transfer list from Limerick and so it is slow to move as the transfer requests must be filled first before they start interviewing for 2018 Panel.

I dunno why but I'm hopeful we will hear tomorrow. The guy who interviewed me said 10 days and that's tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

I dunno why but I'm hopeful we will hear tomorrow. The guy who interviewed me said 10 days and that's tomorrow.

I hope your right samsgirl 🀞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

I have Clare as my 1st choice and Limerick as my second.
    I was interviewed last week for Limerick, but no word on Clare yet (though I know the one interview does both counties). I am not sure if anyone has been interviewed for Clare yet. From what I hear Clare has a large transfer list from Limerick and so it is slow to move as the transfer requests must be filled first before they start interviewing for 2018 Panel.

I was interviewed for limerick too but have an OOM for clare from stage 2. which from what i believe doesnt change after interview so hopefully once pass interview will hear something about clare. maybe slow to move but there must be some jobs in clare? anybody know how many they used in 2016 panel

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

i think they said 10 days to everybody so unless they are going to drip feed the results to people.
    Id say it will be another week minimum. were they interviewing this week too?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bailey25

Does your pay go up yearly even if its a few different temporary contracts that add up to the that year?

i think they said 10 days to everybody so unless they are going to drip feed the results to people.
    Id say it will be another week minimum. were they interviewing this week too?

No, this batch of interviews finished last Friday the 19th, according to an earlier post.

I was interviewed for limerick too but have an OOM for clare from stage 2. which from what i believe doesnt change after interview so hopefully once pass interview will hear something about clare. maybe slow to move but there must be some jobs in clare? anybody know how many they used in 2016 panel

Same here. I have an OOM for both from Stage 2 but my email Re: Interview only mentioned Limerick. When I rang PAS they said that Clare interviews hadn't been called yet and that was why my Limerick interview came first. I have an OOM for both counties. I've been reading through the 2016 thread and apparently Limerick is one of the top 3 fastest moving counties but Clare moves a lot slower owing to transfers of existing staff over from Limerick to Clare, but someone might correct me if I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement