Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mala1313

Hi was Galway panel called for interviews yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

SB1982 wrote: »
    Same here. I have an OOM for both from Stage 2 but my email Re: Interview only mentioned Limerick. When I rang PAS they said that Clare interviews hadn't been called yet and that was why my Limerick interview came first. I have an OOM for both counties. I've been reading through the 2016 thread and apparently Limerick is one of the top 3 fastest moving counties but Clare moves a lot slower owing to transfers of existing staff over from Limerick to Clare, but someone might correct me if I'm wrong.

Ignore my previous message my Clare OOM never changed.

Major blonde moment

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

When do people think they will be interviewing again. Any one who did 2016 panel might know perhaps?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I dunno why but I'm hopeful we will hear tomorrow. The guy who interviewed me said 10 days and that's tomorrow.

Oh well... Into another week we go

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Icbaby

lamb stew wrote: »
    When do people think they will be interviewing again. Any one who did 2016 panel might know perhaps?.

They interview throughout the next 2 years. I only interviewed in August but still 6 people on front of me on the panel before me so think my time is up now. They do it in batches throughout the 2 years. Best of luck, fingers crossed for you.

Icbaby wrote: »
    They interview throughout the next 2 years. I only interviewed in August but still 6 people on front of me on the panel before me so think my time is up now. They do it in batches throughout the 2 years. Best of luck, fingers crossed for you.

Thanks, hopefully you might get lucky. It was a bit crazy to call yee, kinda getting yer hopes up, but I suppose they need a cushion for Transferring over from the 2016 to 2018 panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

Anyone hear anything about waterford/kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ismisebridget

Anyone hear anything about waterford/kilkenny?

Nothing. It's been exactly 3 weeks since my interview and they said I would have an answer in 2 weeks so I'm feeling a bit impatient.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Nothing. It's been exactly 3 weeks since my interview and they said I would have an answer in 2 weeks so I'm feeling a bit impatient.

It will be 2 weeks this Friday since I did mine. They told me 2-3 weeks for results so there may be a way to go yet, though they seem to have given everyone a different time-frame.

I'd just like to know either way if its a Pass/Fail and go from there :)
    The waiting is terrible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ismisebridget

I'm the same. At this stage I just want to know one way or the other.

I suppose they are in no hurry, it might spell good news for anyone on the 2016 panel hoping to get something

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jimjammy10

So it looks like the interview was competitive so we'll get a new ranking if we pass that is

jimjammy10 wrote: »
    So it looks like the interview was competitive so we'll get a new ranking if we pass that is

No...interview was pass or fail.
    Your OOM from stage 2 carries through providing you pass the interview you retain your OOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

It's dragging on isn't it!? Like others I'd like to know one way or the other.

No unfortunately not if you read your stage 3 fam material they sent you it says competitive.

' Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2018

Introduction
    Following the competitive tests at Stage 2, those who were placed highest are being invited to Stage 3. This next Stage will comprise a competitive interview. To qualify, candidates must reach the qualifying standard in each competency'

Its a pain because I thought it was pass/fail going into the interview

No unfortunately not if you read your stage 3 fam material they sent you it says competitive.

' Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2018

Introduction
    Following the competitive tests at Stage 2, those who were placed highest are being invited to Stage 3. This next Stage will comprise a competitive interview. To qualify, candidates must reach the qualifying standard in each competency'

Its a pain because I thought it was pass/fail going into the interview

That goes against everything I've read? Everything I've read here states that it is Pass/Fail situation and Order of Merit is retained once you reach the required standard

That's usually the way but this campaign and the new revenue (customs) clerical officer campaign are being done differently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

That is quite unworkable unless they only go by small batches, say Mayo has only called 20 people for interview so far that would be batch 1 and you are ranked within those 20, if they interview everyone it would take an age to place people as there was nearly 2 years between batches in the last campaign in some county's for interview.

• Advertisement

That's usually the way but this campaign and the new revenue (customs) clerical officer campaign are being done differently

If that is the case then nobody on this thread is aware of it...
    I've looked back and there are streams of replies to queries stating it is Pass/Fail
    It would take an age to re-assign OOM's again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just called Pas. Results end of this or early next week.

336699 wrote: »
    The interview is competitive in the sense that you receive a score for each of the competencies and those scores must be equal to or higher than the qualifying scores to pass the interview.

A candidate’s OOM will not change.

What you quoted above doesn’t state that an OOM will change.

I rang PAS. Your OOM will change. If you reach the qualifying score you will be assigned a new OOM within your batch. 2016 Interviews were Pass/Fail...2018 campaign interviews are competitive. Your interview score is compared to others in the batch and you are ranked accordingly. Unfortunately this person is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

I rang PAS. Your OOM will change. If you reach the qualifying score you will be assigned a new OOM within your batch. 2016 Interviews were Pass/Fail...2018 campaign interviews are competitive. Your interview score is compared to others in the batch and you are ranked accordingly. Unfortunately this person is correct.

Thanks for ringing and clarifying the situation.

I wouldn’t worry about it though. Your OOM could improve so you might be hired sooner rather than later. Also, as we are all in the first batch of our counties, we are almost guaranteed to still be hired. PAS only interview a certain amount based on forecasted vacancies.

336699 wrote: »
    Thanks for ringing and clarifying the situation.

I wouldn’t worry about it though. Your OOM could improve so you might be hired sooner rather than later. Also, as we are all in the first batch of our counties, we are almost guaranteed to still be hired. PAS only interview a certain amount based on forecasted vacancies.

That's True...I did have a little bit of a panic though, but need to pass first before we start worrying about being placed I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

That's True...I did have a little bit of a panic though, but need to pass first before we start worrying about being placed I guess :)

Exactly, it’s just a waiting game now. We’ll be grand - positive thoughts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Wow so that's what the hold up is then. Our oom changes. Well feck

Interview are pass/ fail.
    Ion will only change if the person above you fails and you pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Huntline wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything?

I got a date today for Limerick
    Was in the 30 - 40 bracket
    It is for two weeks time

Interview are pass/ fail.
    Ion will only change if the person above you fails and you pass.

Unfortunately it’s not. Your Interview will give you a new OOM provided you pass. Call PAS and ask them yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Will this apply to all future competitions? EO, AO etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Will this apply to all future competitions? EO, AO etc

it's already the case in those comps

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

considering they have only called on average 10 - 12 on the OOM for the first round of interviews?
    Does this mean the first 10 - 12 people cannot be placed lower than this after their interview?
    I am in the 20's for Westmeath and was called for interview yesterday, does anyone know what number they have called up to for Westmeath?

Interview results are in. Passed! Onwards and upwards!!!
    Good Luck to everyone else here in the waiting room :)

Hi SB, did u keep your OOM?. Congrats by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 olly2018

is it just pass/fail?

I got through. Just got my email. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

olly2018 wrote: »
    is it just pass/fail?

My OOM changed

• Advertisement

lamb stew wrote: »

I only have email from one of my chosen areas so the other may come through shortly

I dropped a couple of places but not much. I was number 1 and dropped to 7

olly2018 wrote: »
    is it just pass/fail?

No, you get a new order of merit too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

Passed also. OOM went way up for me, about 29 places. Absolutely delighted

Phew, passed also went form 2 to 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Anybody get results for Westmeath yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

nothing for westmeath yet - hoping they are doing it in Alphabetical order of County.

Hopefully everyone above is from Cavan, Carlow, Cork, etc :D

Rikand wrote: »
    nothing for westmeath yet - hoping they are doing it in Alphabetical order of County.

Hopefully everyone above is from Cavan, Carlow, Cork, etc :D

You might be right. I'm one of the C's

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

You might be right. I'm one of the C's

For the Stage 2 results in Westmeath I received mine about 2 hours later than others on boards, so that's probably the case. Also anyone know how many were called for interview in Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

My oom changed I am one place lower. Anyone know when you find out oom for second county of choice?

• Advertisement

Snicks wrote: »
    My oom changed I am one place lower. Anyone know when you find out oom for second county of choice?

i think it's alphabetical. One of mine came and then the second about half an hour later.

Advertisement