Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just just sign a self declaration about medical status.

Ahh, cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

Just just sign a self declaration about medical status.

Oh grand, I handed that form in the day I was interviewed.

336699 wrote: »
    Oh grand, I handed that form in the day I was interviewed.

Oh yeah, I remember that. Ah thats grand so. Maybe things will move quicker so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Qreq

I got temp contract. Had to do a medical including a urine test.
    (I acknowledge that this is the permanent thread. It seems strange that a temp would need a medical, but not perms. I don't know if all temps have to do it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kazzaroo

I had 2 temp contracts over the last two years and I never had to do a urine test or a medical.

Qreq wrote: »
    (I acknowledge that this is the permanent thread. It seems strange that a temp would need a medical, but not perms. I don't know if all temps have to do it.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Qreq wrote: »

No they dont, you were just randomly selected.

Most CO/TCO would just sign a health and medical declaration but it does state on it that declaration that you may be asked to attend a medical examination.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

I did two temp contracts. One i had to, the other I didn't. I presume it is up to the relevant authority that snaps you off the list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Emailed pas and they advised this interview group finishes up this Friday and results in 2-3 weeks

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Emailed pas and they advised this interview group finishes up this Friday and results in 2-3 weeks

What region are you in. Are interviews ongoing for different counties so.

• Advertisement

lamb stew wrote: »

Limerick / Clare

Limerick / Clare

Is that first or second crowd to be interviewed for there

Is that first or second crowd to be interviewed for there

The second I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tinchy

Hi All,

I'm through to stage 2 in Dublin but living in Sligo - wondering is it worth the drive as I'm due a baby in April but initially the post had said jobs would be starting in January and second round September - I ticked the September only.

are these all full-time jobs or both PT/FT?

Is there a way of checking what score I got in stage 1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Tinchy wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm through to stage 2 in Dublin but living in Sligo - wondering is it worth the drive as I'm due a baby in April but initially the post had said jobs would be starting in January and second round September - I ticked the September only.

A woman in my office started as a co and went on maternity leave a week later. Her time on maternity counted as service with regards to increment increase.
    They are full time positions with an option to go reduced hours after 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Hi All,

I don’t recall seeing a box to choose option of start date? Where was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

Hi All,

Are you sure that was for this campaign and not the temporary clerical officer campaign?

Hi All,

1. Thats not this campaign, its sounds like Executive Officer or Administrative Officer job in Revenue... Clerical Officer is an all year around panel.

2. Most Civil Service jobs are full time. You can take shorter working year or job sharing but you must service at least one year before you can apply for them schemes.

3. Driving from Sligo to Dublin. I dont see how any job would be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mark37

Any movement on Donegal? Also, does everyone have to go to Dublin for Stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Mark37 wrote: »

Yes. Stage 2 and further stage (interview) if successful are only held in the public jobs office on Abbey Street in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Anyone heard anything for Batch 1? Will we get a link via email to Garda vetting before an offer is made or do we get an email first with a placement and then the vetting follows? I've seen varying reports in the 2016 thread about this. I guess its unlikely any of us will hear anything before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kitty1cat

hi I passed test and interview was placed in the 50's in Dublin... Has anyone any idea if anyone has started ?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nynaeve

Kitty1cat wrote: »
    hi I passed test and interview was placed in the 50's in Dublin... Has anyone any idea if anyone has started ?

I think this competition excluded Dublin, maybe you mean the temporary CO campaign? So I don't know if anyone has started, sorry!

Kitty1cat wrote: »

Did you apply for CO in civil service or revenue customs?

How long do interviews take and are they on time

How long do interviews take and are they on time

Yes they were very prompt but be sure to be there 15 mins early as the email advises

Interview took 30 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

Anyone being offered a job yet ?

Paddy93 wrote: »

My guess is no, but very shortly I reckon

Don't think so...some say it won't be until the new year owing to contracts and pay runs etc. I'm eagerly awaiting word that someone has been contacted and then we will know that the ball is rolling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 clare3

I have been called for an interview. Has anyone any tips or advice for it? Thanks

What county have you been called for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 clare3

Limerick

clare3 wrote: »
    I have been called for an interview. Has anyone any tips or advice for it? Thanks

If you look back on this thread there are loads of pointers :)
    Just prep well and you'll be fine. The interviewers will put you at ease.

Has anyone spoken to PAS recently. Any info on when they expect to start placing people?

clare3 wrote: »

Limerick
    What's your OOM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 shanz2018

Mark37 wrote: »

Hi, I got a message yesterday evening for stage 3 interview for Donegal in 2 weeks time. I emailed PAS this morning to see how many has been called, they called 6 in the first batch and they have now called up to oom 21 for interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Stacey20

Do you automatically go in at the lowest scale or do they take into account qualifications and work experience?

Stacey20 wrote: »
    Do you automatically go in at the lowest scale or do they take into account qualifications and work experience?

You start on the lowest scale. Qualifications and experience are not taken into account.

Stacey20 wrote: »
    You start on the lowest scale. Qualifications and experience are not taken into account.

However, qualifications and experience may help you further down the track (years from now) when it comes to interviews for promotions for EO and beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Anyone other than the first batch called for supervised testing?

What was the highest no called for cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 mariemclt

Got call from PAS this morning. Offered job today in the revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

mariemclt wrote: »

Congrats! Which county are you being placed in?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Molly2016

Congrats 🎉 Is that for the 2018 panel? What area are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Cocobean1

Congrats, what location is that? I didn't think they would be placing from this campaign before Xmas that's great news!!

Dont say too much if you're worried about data privacy but a quick search of your posts show where you are applying for. Great job and a fantastic jump in your position from your stage 1 results up to after interview. Looks like you made great strides and earned your early call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭foreverme

Congrats. Best of luck in the new job.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mariemclt

Thanks guys.

Didn't expect a call this early myself. Just to keep you updated; my county was Tipperary. I was in the top 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

That is fantastic news. I wish you the very best with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lexa15

shanz2018 wrote: »
    Hi, I got a message yesterday evening for stage 3 interview for Donegal in 2 weeks time. I emailed PAS this morning to see how many has been called, they called 6 in the first batch and they have now called up to oom 21 for interview.

Have 6 people from the first batch been offered jobs or called to interview?

Anyone in Limerick being offered a job ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement