Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Do you know what their oom was and where they got placed?

Their OOM would have been 1 to 6ish in Batch 1. 1 I would imagine. I actually spoke with them recently Clearance that is, and they say said 1 had been placed and another was under consideration. She told me where, but don't want to identify her. It's Killarney based though.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

Their OOM would have been 1 to 6ish in Batch 1. 1 I would imagine. I actually spoke with them recently Clearance that is, and they say said 1 had been placed and another was under consideration. She told me where, but don't want to identify her. It's Killarney based though.

This is a great thread and discussion. I have found it reassuring knowing people have had concerns, doubts and sometimes confused by the process. I just wanted to ask a question about the the batch numbers.

I have seen people say they are in the top 5, top 10 , teens etc..... However, how does that work.
    For example, is batch 1 , numbered 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 or are they different batches?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

This is a great thread and discussion. I have found it reassuring knowing people have had concerns, doubts and sometimes confused by the process. I just wanted to ask a question about the the batch numbers.

I have seen people say they are in the top 5, top 10 , teens etc..... However, how does that work.
    For example, is batch 1 , numbered 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 or are they different batches?

Batch one will say take the first ten so people receive a number one through to ten. Then the next ten for example will go into batch 2. So if you for example get placed at number 2 in batch two then you are effectively number 12. Comprendez??

Murzo wrote: »
    Batch one will say take the first ten so people receive a number one through to ten. Then the next ten for example will go into batch 2. So if you for example get placed at number 2 in batch two then you are effectively number 12. Comprendez??

Thanks for your reply Murzo. But you did not answer the question I asked.
    Which was how does the number relate to the batch you are part of.
    As I said, example 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 etc..

But thank you for replying..

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Batch 1.1 would be the first group of candidates to be placed in Batch 1
    Batch 1.2 would be the 2nd group to be placed from Batch 1
    No one knows how many people are in each batch except PAS...the number of candidates per batch can vary and there is no set number.

If I were say Number 12 in Batch 1.1 that would mean I would be the 12th person to be placed from Batch 1. or If I were 5 in batch 1.2 that would mean I would be 5th to be placed in Batch 1.2

I'm not sure if I answered your question...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Geranium40

Hi
    has anyone been offered any jobs from the Meath panel. I was interviewed at end of October and moved up to 36 on the panel, but have heard nothing yet. They don't have any system for checking on how it is progressing.
    Thanks

SB1982 wrote: »
    Batch 1.1 would be the first group of candidates to be placed in Batch 1
    Batch 1.2 would be the 2nd group to be placed from Batch 1
    No one knows how many people are in each batch except PAS...the number of candidates per batch can vary and there is no set number.

If I were say Number 12 in Batch 1.1 that would mean I would be the 12th person to be placed from Batch 1. or If I were 5 in batch 1.2 that would mean I would be 5th to be placed in Batch 1.2

I'm not sure if I answered your question...

Thank you SB1982.. That does answer my question.
    So that would mean if you are in 1.3, you are in the third group from batch one..
    I wonder how groups are in each batch .

So when you say placed, that means where they are on the panel. Not that they have gotten the job yet .

Thanks again for your reply SB1982

Here is hoping we all get called soon .
    I wonder where they are at in Limerick or Clare?

Apologies Hemingway75. Nobody knows how many go into each batch. For example I think there was seven in batch 1 for Offaly and 10 in batch 1 for Westmeath. Therefore if you happen to be in batch one say for Offaly and are placed 5th then you are postion 5 in batch 1.1. If there is another seven called for Offlay after they have allocated the first seven places then you are now placed in batch 1.2 and get numbered depending how you scored out of the next seven. There are different amounts of people in the batches depending on the county.

Apologies Hemingway75. Nobody knows how many go into each batch. For example I think there was seven in batch 1 for Offaly and 10 in batch 1 for Westmeath. Therefore if you happen to be in batch one say for Offaly and are placed 5th then you are postion 5 in batch 1.1. If there is another seven called for Offlay after they have allocated the first seven places then you are now placed in batch 1.2 and get numbered depending how you scored out of the next seven. There are different amounts of people in the batches depending on the county.

No worries Murzo, thank you for replying.

I understand it now .

Best of luck.i hope you get called soon for your area..

No worries Murzo, thank you for replying.

I understand it now .

Best of luck.i hope you get called soon for your area..

Just ring and enquire. They are very helpful.

• Advertisement

SEems to be little or no movement at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

SEems to be little or no movement at the moment.

Civil service lads. There'll be nothing moving till middle of next week at the earliest ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Rikand wrote: »
    Civil service lads. There'll be nothing moving till middle of next week at the earliest ;)

I just got a call. Kerry is moving. There is another vacancy available as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

I called and the guy said they were down to number 16 (in Batch 1.1) for Cork and he said there were 30 ahead of me (I'm 21st in Batch 1.2) . So that must mean there's around 25-30 in Batch 1.1. It took a few weeks (give or take) to get down to 16th in Batch 1.1, so at that rate it could be another month or two before I hear anything.

I tried PM you but it said you've exceeded your stored messages. You need to delete some for me to message you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Clare was my first choice but I was interviewed for Limerick (I know the interview carries over) and I am in the top 10 in Clare and I know my place will be on the Limerick panel. I haven't heard of anyone being specifically interviewed for Clare but many people said that if you get offered Limerick to take it as there are few jobs available in Clare, and with the new mobility rule in place there will be even less places available for new entrants.

I here what your saying but surely things will be different now with Clare if only 50% of the jobs are mobilty will they hire the other 50% straight from the panel. Previously for Clare you could not get a job directly from the panel in say Revenue or Social Welfare for example as all vacant positions were filled by mobility only.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

For anyone waiting on Galway - I emailed them today and they said that they have a large volume of candidates to place and it could be a few weeks before they reach my place. I'm in the top 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

I here what your saying but surely things will be different now with Clare if only 50% of the jobs are mobilty will they hire the other 50% straight from the panel. Previously for Clare you could not get a job directly from the panel in say Revenue or Social Welfare for example as all vacant positions were filled by mobility only.
    That's could still be the same though. With other places being offered to the open panel. Take a look at the 2016 thread and see how many offers were made in clare. Because the amount from mobility is higher this time round if I'm understanding correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cork888

Booklad86 wrote: »
    I called and the guy said they were down to number 16 (in Batch 1.1) for Cork and he said there were 30 ahead of me (I'm 21st in Batch 1.2) . So that must mean there's around 25-30 in Batch 1.1. It took a few weeks (give or take) to get down to 16th in Batch 1.1, so at that rate it could be another month or two before I hear anything.

Im doing interview for cork 2.1 next week. You dont have any idea how many in total are in 1.2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 south82

Got my starting date today, three weeks time.
    I heard from a guy that was interviewed for the temporary panel that between 10 to 15 will be assigned from the permanent panel.

south82 wrote: »
    I heard from a guy that was interviewed for the temporary panel that between 10 to 15 will be assigned from the permanent panel.

What County?

What County?

Cork - he made a title in his post you can view if posting from PC

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

I have absolutely no idea. But based on my own (probably incorrect) calculations, I think there might be 25-ish in each of the panels 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3. Good luck with the interview!

Thanks Wexford Awake, yeah they are very nice and helpful..

I have emailed them already.

Thank you for your message.

Westmeath is on the move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

Cork - he made a title in his post you can view if posting from PC

Hey south what department is pulling 10- 15 off the permanent panel passport office?

south82 wrote: »

Well done, what department will be taking 10-15 off the permanent panel did you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

Westmeath is on the move

Have you heard from them? I'm in the top ten and have heard nothing yet, I'm crossing my fingers!! :D

Mskimee wrote: »
    Have you heard from them? I'm in the top ten and have heard nothing yet, I'm crossing my fingers!! :D

Yes I have heard. I was going to be the first person to hear ;)

There is another position available, but I wont say what or where because I know the person behind me is another boards.ie poster and I dont want to divulge too much if they don't want it out there.

But movement has started happening. So hopefully everyone else in batch 1.1 will start hearing soon too :)

Well done...are you moving back from EO to CO?

• Advertisement

There is another position available, but I wont say what or where because I know the person behind me is another boards.ie poster and I dont want to divulge too much if they don't want it out there.

But movement has started happening. So hopefully everyone else in batch 1.1 will start hearing soon too :)

Where were you offered in Westmeath..if you don't mind me asking??

Well done...are you moving back from EO to CO?

Yes. It was faster than mobility which would be 2 years minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

Congratulations!!! Delighted for you! :D Best of luck in your new job!

Huntline wrote: »
    Payroll in Education

Have you been offered along with Rikland....good to hear things are moving. What number are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 south82

Sibh2018 wrote: »
    Well done, what department will be taking 10-15 off the permanent panel did you know?

I should have included the original quote from page 113 that I was replying to as not everyone can see the title.
    This relates to the passport office in Cork.
    There was an article in the Cork Evening Echo that over 70 new jobs would be available there as a result of increased demand due to Brexit. Most of these will be six month contracts. The passport Office run their own competition for these positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Does anybody know how long I could expect PAS to get back in touch after my evetting was completed? It was completed two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gleeson95

Hi, I have my interview next week and was wondering if anyone who has been already could give me some pointers ?
    Any tips or questions they asked would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Gleeson95 wrote: »
    Hi, I have my interview next week and was wondering if anyone who has been already could give me some pointers ?

TIA

I thought they were grand. Easier than I thought. Depends on who you get though. Some people here seem to have away tougher experience. Just know your competencies, and have a few examples of each of them in previous employment. Also know how to send out a group email and how you BCC/CC etc. Even though I felt it went well, wasn't delighted with my scores. So tough interview often signals more success, so don't worry. Just make sure you know the competencies, even though some of them do seem the same. Some people reported here about being asked about that new Data Protection GDPR. Good luck, just relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

My partner has an interview with Cork City Council, she was asked to bring 4 copies of the application with her, can she fill out one by pen and photocopy the other 3?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Gleeson95 wrote: »

TIA
    As previous posters said know your compencies inside and out,the data question came up for me as well so know that.Good tip I found make up possible questions they might ask you will find loads of examples of compenices based interview questions online, and say them out loud .I used to practise them while driving haha.I found the interview tough but I was delighted with my results and got top five in my group. Best of Luck do your homework and you will be fine.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    My partner has an interview with Cork City Council, she was asked to bring 4 copies of the application with her, can she fill out one by pen and photocopy the other 3?

Thanks

I don't know what the procedure is for the Council but if it were me I would type into the application form and print 4 copies of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I don't know what the procedure is for the Council but if it were me I would type into the application form and print 4 copies of it.

Didn't even think of that, thanks

I last had contact with clearance early in the week where they told me exactly how things were progressing. When do yee think would be a reasonable time frame to contact them again to enquire. Kerry panel Thanks. Don't want to annoy them

Anyone here get an offer for Limerick yet?

siblers wrote: »

Thanks

Yes she can, or just print it out 4 times. It's the same with Dublin city council. Make sure she also has the required number of photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

What's the phone number for clearance again?

Huntline wrote: »
    What's the phone number for clearance again?
    Just ring PAS and asked to be put through

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Just ring PAS and asked to be put through

Cheers

Waffleturd wrote: »
    Does anybody know how long I could expect PAS to get back in touch after my evetting was completed? It was completed two days ago.

Can I just ask, do they call you with a job offer first and then they send you an email with a link for the evetting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Sibh2018 wrote: »
    Can I just ask, do they call you with a job offer first and then they send you an email with a link for the evetting?

Way it happened for me: tentative job offer first is phone call. After that I got an email the same day with link to evetting. About two weeks passed, then yesterday I got another call saying my vetting was completed. The person at PAS then asked for my current work reference and permission to call them. Apparently they're calling my work reference today. Got given a provisional start date in early February. PAS told me not to give my formal notice at work yet, as reference needs to be checked first. That's the current state of play.

Advertisement