Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

Waffleturd wrote: »
    Way it happened for me: tentative job offer first is phone call. After that I got an email the same day with link to evetting. About two weeks passed, then yesterday I got another call saying my vetting was completed. The person at PAS then asked for my current work reference and permission to call them. Apparently they're calling my work reference today. Got given a provisional start date in early
    February. PAS told me not to give my formal notice at work yet, as reference needs to be checked first. That's the current state of play.

Congratulations, thanks for all the info, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Waffleturd wrote: »
    Way it happened for me: tentative job offer first is phone call. After that I got an email the same day with link to evetting. About two weeks passed, then yesterday I got another call saying my vetting was completed. The person at PAS then asked for my current work reference and permission to call them. Apparently they're calling my work reference today. Got given a provisional start date in early February. PAS told me not to give my formal notice at work yet, as reference needs to be checked first. That's the current state of play.

Did you request that they do the vetting first before contacting your employer or is that just the order that they chose do things? Just asking as I would prefer they did my vetting first before they contact my employer as my employer doesn't know I'm leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jimjammy10

Any word on the Donegal Panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sligo198r

Any news on Sligo? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

SB1982 wrote: »
    Did you request that they do the vetting first before contacting your employer or is that just the order that they chose do things? Just asking as I would prefer they did my vetting first before they contact my employer as my employer doesn't know I'm leaving.

That was just the order they did it in. I'd say it's the way they always do it, tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

Sligo198r wrote: »
    Any news on Sligo? TIA.

they have started top5

How do you know they started top 5 for sligo, I'm in the top 5 and heard nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DD12

Any word on the panel for Monaghan? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

New EO competition started-closing date 31/01

Anyone thinking of applying?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Nah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Annie K64

Huntline wrote: »
    Nah

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

Nope!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Will be doing the form on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Yep definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Augustduck

Hi. Has anyone got a job in Kilkenny yet, I am in the 40s, any idea when jobs might come up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Not this time around. Hopefully in two years I will though

Not this time around. Hopefully in two years I will though

Why 2 years?

Why 2 years?

How difficult is the process for EO? What is involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Application/online test/go to dubland to verify online test by sitting it again/Interview/presentation/onto panel for the test of patience!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

CZ 453 wrote: »

Application/online test/go to dubland to verify online test by sitting it again/Interview/presentation/onto panel for the test of patience!!!
    Presentation? What kind of presentation?

• Advertisement

Thank you. What type of presentation? Are the online tests and supervised tests more difficult than for clerical? Is the interviewcompetency based sane as clerical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

busymammy wrote: »

Eg. You're given info on costs of say building a football stadium and what's involved with it. You select a location and present on why the location is the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

busymammy wrote: »

Eg. You're given info on costs of say building a football stadium and what's involved with it. You select a location and present on why the location is the best option.
    Ok. Got you...Thanks

There is no presentation for EO. that's for AO.

Are the exams and interview more difficult than those for CO?

Are the exams and interview more difficult than those for CO?

Yes. There is a simulation as well called e-tray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

The handbooks says there is.

Why 2 years?

When the next comp for eo opens :)

tringle wrote: »
    The handbooks says there is.

Read the whole sentence.

Presentation/analysis test.

It's an analysis test called e-tray.I've done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

When the next comp for eo opens :)

Yes, but why not go for it this year ? lol

Rikand wrote: »
    Yes, but why not go for it this year ? lol

After ten years in the home I want to ease myself back into full time work :)

After ten years in the home I want to ease myself back into full time work :)

It could take 18 months to get through the process.

I applied for EO in Dec 2016. Got appointed Aug 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

It could take 18 months to get through the process.

I applied for EO in Dec 2016. Got appointed Aug 2018.

Do you need particular experience in a supervisory capacity or is it assessment/interview based. Also is EO only one step up from Clerical Officer?.

Do you need particular experience in a supervisory capacity or is it assessment/interview based. Also is EO only one step up from Clerical Officer?.

It's competency based but tougher questions as it's junior management.
    You don't need management experience.

Any movement on the Donegal panel? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 lexa15

jimjammy10 wrote: »
    Any movement on the Donegal panel? Thanks

Some movement.. I'm in the top 10 and clearance told me they'd be in touch in the coming weeks. If you call or email they'll give you an update.

How many Holidays have CO's

How many Holidays have CO's

Not enough. :)

lexa15 wrote: »
    Some movement.. I'm in the top 10 and clearance told me they'd be in touch in the coming weeks. If you call or email they'll give you an update.

Thanks, in the top 5 myself, heard nothing!

Got my email from PAS today with my contact for new dept.

• Advertisement

Not enough. :)

Yep I do know it's less than Co Councils by about 5 days. You'd think they'd be the same 🙄

Yep I do know it's less than Co Councils by about 5 days. You'd think they'd be the same 🙄

Kerry Coco even give days off for the listowel races. (Or so I'm told)

CS is 21 days for CO, 22 for EO.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Paddy2018

Annual Leave
    The Annual Leave allowance is 22 days rising to 23 days after 5 years’ service and to 24 days after 10 years’ service, 25 days after 12 years’ service and 26 after 14 years’ service. This allowance is subject to the usual conditions regarding the granting of annual leave in the civil service, is based on a five-day week and is exclusive of the usual public holidays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

Paddy2018 wrote: »
    Annual Leave
    The Annual Leave allowance is 22 days rising to 23 days after 5 years’ service and to 24 days after 10 years’ service, 25 days after 12 years’ service and 26 after 14 years’ service. This allowance is subject to the usual conditions regarding the granting of annual leave in the civil service, is based on a five-day week and is exclusive of the usual public holidays.

There are also odd days for different things like extra days off for xmas eve and new years eve. Flexi leave can be 1.5 days a month. Or time added to clock if flexi is restricted. And ok with granting time for medical appointments or even interviews. Leave can be carried over for 3 years and dont forget you also have the option of shorter working week or year.

There are also odd days for different things like extra days off for xmas eve and new years eve. Flexi leave can be 1.5 days a month. Or time added to clock if flexi is restricted. And ok with granting time for medical appointments or even interviews. Leave can be carried over for 3 years and dont forget you also have the option of shorter working week or year.
    Those privilege days are long gone.
    As for adding to the clock, that's not official. Hours worked is hours worked as regards Flexi.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭natc

Note only some departments/divisions give time off over Christmas outside the usual bank holidays. Where I am based we don’t get any leave apart from Christmas Day, St. Stephen’s Day and New Years Day. Any other time off over Christmas is taken from annual leave.

Everything else though mentioned above is true, flexi possibly being the best of the bunch! Working up 1.5 days every 4 weeks really adds to the amount of time off you can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gerrro

anyone have any tips for interview, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

Does anyone know how many people have been called forward to the second round for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ciao Belle

Anyone called yet for Louth or Meath?

Still no word on Limerick...anyone here get a call yet? Lady in PAS told me last week I’ve been assigned a position she’d be surprised if I didn’t get a call this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement