Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

SB1982 wrote: »
    Still no word on Limerick...anyone here get a call yet? Lady in PAS told me last week I’ve been assigned a position she’d be surprised if I didn’t get a call this week.

No call, emailed and got no response

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Noseyaf wrote: »
    No call, emailed and got no response

I’ve been assigned a position since late November..but I don’t know in what dept. she said they wait and do things in big batches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

gerrro wrote: »
    anyone have any tips for interview, thanks

Just work on the competencies as listed in your correspondence and prepare as well as you can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

Still no word on Limerick...anyone here get a call yet? Lady in PAS told me last week I’ve been assigned a position she’d be surprised if I didn’t get a call this week.

I’m in the late teens for Limerick, haven’t heard anything yet. I’m kind of surprised because I’d heard Limerick is one of the faster moving counties and revenue was supposedly looking to hire plenty of staff.

I’ve been assigned a position since late November..but I don’t know in what dept. she said they wait and do things in big batches.

I get the big batches but like dying to change jobs and get going. This has being such a long process

336699 wrote: »
    I’m in the late teens for Limerick, haven’t heard anything yet. I’m kind of surprised because I’d heard Limerick is one of the faster moving counties and revenue was supposedly looking to hire plenty of staff.

Might not be long more. The lady told me to call again this week if I heard nothing....it was the same lady I spoke to in November. Maybe you’ve been assigned a role too but they haven’t told you yet.

336699 wrote: »

I’m early 30s so I imagine it will be March April before I hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

how are you assigned a position before even clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Question when it comes to clearance.
    If you have been very recently garda vetted and passed it in another competition, do you have to go through a whole process again?

• Advertisement

doc22 wrote: »
    how are you assigned a position before even clearance

Ask PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nathank18

Hi all,

Quick question, I applied for the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) Clerical Officer role and have an interview tomorrow.

Has anyone else applied for this position or worked in this position with the HSA.

Recently unemployed and quite nervous as regards to what the interview may be like anyone any tips?

Also is there much room for progression from a clerical Officer as the pay grade is at the lower end of the scale.

Hopefully this is posted in the right area if not feel free to move it!

Noseyaf wrote: »
    I get the big batches but like dying to change jobs and get going. This has being such a long process

Same here. The wait is soul-destroying! Hopefully not long more...although I've been saying that since November lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

How long after being interviewed should you receive your results - is it two to three weeks or longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GMurdoch

Can I ask what kind of references people are using? Generic HR in current job or personal/direct line managers?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Skippy21 wrote: »
    How long after being interviewed should you receive your results - is it two to three weeks or longer?

Was interviewed on December 4th got results on the third of January. Christmas obviously delayed it, but I think batch before me were waiting around 3 weeks plus a day or 2 or even 3ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

I wonder when TCO panel 2019 will go live. Asssment scores should be out very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PiPi78

Hi all. I am in the early 20s in Co.Cork and Co. Limerick for the 2018 Clerical Officer competition. I have heard nothing from them since my interview in Dub. Any news from these panels? Cheerio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

PiPi78 wrote: »
    Hi all. I am in the early 20s in Co.Cork and Co. Limerick for the 2018 Clerical Officer competition. I have heard nothing from them since my interview in Dub. Any news from these panels? Cheerio

Cork will be calling you soon. I was late teens for cork and turned it down.

Thanks milkansugar. Somebody would say :" mors tua , vita mea".PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I wonder when TCO panel 2019 will go live. Asssment scores should be out very soon.

Usually the TCO panel doesn't kick in until April then again, they don't usually start the recruitment process in December so it might kick in earlier this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

I heard from Cork (early 20s, batch 1.2) yesterday so you shouldn't be waiting too long more I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Does anyone know what number they are at in Westmeath???

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lunsss

Is this for Cork airport/port?

Lunsss wrote: »
    Is this for Cork airport/port?

I don't know. This is the clerical officer 2018 competition so it could be any public office. I have no clue if the airport is part of it .

Booklad86 wrote: »
    I heard from Cork (early 20s, batch 1.2) yesterday so you shouldn't be waiting too long more I'd say.

I don't know what the batch is about . I have had my interview on Dec 4th last year so ..Who should I contact to get precise info ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

Has anybody got a job offer from revenue in limerick yet? Thought they would call in bulk. Anybody know number they are on in Limerick now.

Your batch number should be written on your results email (from interview)
    You can call PAS (01) 858 7400

Ask to be put through to Clearance for the 2018 clerical campaign for Cork, or Limerick etc. and they will tell you what number they have reached in your chosen area. They are very helpful.

Thanks very much . I am 1.B3 on both boards .
    Will give em a call just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cork888

Thanks very much . I am 1.B3 on both boards .
    Will give em a call just in case.

I would be interested to hear what they tell you cause Im in batch 2.1 for cork but havent interview results yet so dont want to ring them till I know if I passed or not.

Cork888 wrote: »
    I would be interested to hear what they tell you cause Im in batch 2.1 for cork but havent interview results yet so dont want to ring them till I know if I passed or not.

No problem . Will let you know as soon as I get the time to email them

Has anybody got a job offer from revenue in limerick yet? Thought they would call in bulk. Anybody know number they are on in Limerick now.

They are still on number 8...they haven't moved from that for weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Only at number 4 in Kerry

Did you ring?. They haven't moved so since last week.

So... Just spoken to Oonagh Perrem on the phone Reacheable at :clearance@publicjobs.ie
    She said Cork/Limerick is the fastest board in the country .Early 20s should be processed within the next 4 weeks or so.
    If this doesn't happen I will have to contact her again.
    Fingers crossed I will deliver positive news shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Hi Majorkate do you know how many are in batch 1 for Kerry by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

They are still on number 8...they haven't moved from that for weeks.

Is that for B1:1?

meg3178 wrote: »
    Is that for B1:1?

Yes Batch 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

How many days holidays do you get per month as a CO ?

Paddy93 wrote: »
    How many days holidays do you get per month as a CO ?[/quote

I'd say 1.8 or so. I did 3 months got about a week though. So not sure. Then I suppose it depends on how much Annual Leave is taken off you for Xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

So... Just spoken to Oonagh Perrem on the phone Reacheable at :clearance@publicjobs.ie
    She said Cork/Limerick is the fastest board in the country .Early 20s should be processed within the next 4 weeks or so.
    If this doesn't happen I will have to contact her again.
    Fingers crossed I will deliver positive news shortly.
    Do you know how many people are in batch 1:1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

dorbrogra wrote: »

I would love to know this too ðŸ™

dorbrogra wrote: »

I would love to know this too ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Yes I called them today. From what I could make out only 10 in the first batch

Yes I called them today. From what I could make out only 10 in the first batch

Sorry now for all the questions or if I'm confusing matters more! So if there 10 in first batch, when those positions are filled will they move onto batch 2 or are there still more before us? 10 seems low for Kerry? Could there say be a batch 1.1 then onto batch 1.2 before they even hit the second batch? Thank you

Sorry now for all the questions or if I'm confusing matters more! So if there 10 in first batch, when those positions are filled will they move onto batch 2 or are there still more before us? 10 seems low for Kerry? Could there say be a batch 1.1 then onto batch 1.2 before they even hit the second batch? Thank you

Yes there is a 1.1 and a 1.2 Also as far as I know I think there is 12 in batch 1.1 and 14 in batch 1.2 however bare in mind some of those might have Cork or Limerick as an alternative choice and might pick those Counties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

Those privilege days are long gone.
    As for adding to the clock, that's not official. Hours worked is hours worked as regards Flexi.

Im not at work today, ive a full day off. Half of the day is my half day a month im allowed becuase my flexi is restricted and the other half is a half day granted because i worked christmas eve. And i earned 8 hours overtime this pay day. .
    I suppose it depends on which section you work in, not a one fits all. The business needs determine what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

Murzo wrote: »
    Does anyone know what number they are at in Westmeath???

Rang PAS today, they have only allocated 2 for Westmeath so far. Moving slower than usual. I would say that's down to mobility.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Jipzy wrote: »
    Rang PAS today, they have only allocated 2 for Westmeath so far. Moving slower than usual. I would say that's down to mobility.

Thanks for that Jipzy. Did they say what number they are at? The mobility isn't moving either for Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

Murzo wrote: »
    Thanks for that Jipzy. Did they say what number they are at? The mobility isn't moving either for Westmeath.

They just said they have only pulled two from the panel and that's its unusually slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Amandajo

I'm 15 in Meath, anyone been called yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Catalan69

Amandajo wrote: »
    I'm 15 in Meath, anyone been called yet ?

Just to cheer you up...2016 comp got the call in October..... Vetting etc got start date for mid Feb... Its a long process/slog

• Advertisement
Advertisement