Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Amandajo

Catalan69 wrote: »
    Just to cheer you up...2016 comp got the call in October..... Vetting etc got start date for mid Feb... Its a long process/slog

I won't hold my breath so, I thought maybe things were moving a bit quicker these days and mote positions were available

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

I have nearly 2 year's experience as a TCO and you don't sit at your desk and do your work in the duration they ask you to do the apptitude test.

I passed two and failed numerical despite all the time I spent practicing. They make it so difficult to get s CO job.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sibh2018

Hi All, just a question for anyone who might be in the know. If you have worked as a TCO previously for a number of months, can this count towards your probation period?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Sibh2018 wrote: »
    Hi All, just a question for anyone who might be in the know. If you have worked as a TCO previously for a number of months, can this count towards your probation period?

Thanks

I doubt it, but could be wrong. It would be great. Does anyone know of anyone that failed it

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Sibh2018 wrote: »

Thanks

I would be interested to know this too. I worked for 6 months as part of JobBridge program for a government body in a clerical type role managing data. I would be interested to know if this would count towards either increment or probationary period or both???

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

SB1982 wrote: »
    I would be interested to know this too. I worked for 6 months as part of JobBridge program for a government body in a clerical type role managing data. I would be interested to know if this would count towards either increment or probationary period or both???

NO it wont count for your probationary period. You must serve one year before you are permanent. Working as a TCO would count towards incremental credit but Im not sure about a job bridge position. You may have to check that our with HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Murzo wrote: »
    NO it wont count for your probationary period. You must serve one year before you are permanent. Working as a TCO would count towards incremental credit but Im not sure about a job bridge position. You may have to check that our with HR.

If you work temp for 1 and half years do you still go through probation period

podsull1 wrote: »
    If you work temp for 1 and half years do you still go through probation period

yes. Everyone must serve a probation period for a permanent post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Anyone get any offers???

Anywhere at all

🀦ðŸ½*♀️🀦ðŸ½*♀️🀦ðŸ½*♀️🀦ðŸ½*♀️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Anyone get any offers???

Anywhere at all

🀦ðŸ½*♀️🀦ðŸ½*♀️🀦ðŸ½*♀️🀦ðŸ½*♀️

I was offered a position in Cork. I've turned it down though.

• Advertisement

I was offered a position in Cork. I've turned it down though.

Sorry to hear after all the bother it didn’t work out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Sorry to hear after all the bother it didn’t work out

AHH no. Holding out for Limerick. I thought Limerick would have been the faster moving panel when I applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Is batch 1 for Cork exhausted?

AHH no. Holding out for Limerick. I thought Limerick would have been the faster moving panel when I applied.

Same waiting on limerick

Please god we’ll hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

i think they’re down to batch 1.3, possibly even beyond that. What batch are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ironcage

Any Galway movement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aisinikins

ironcage wrote: »
    Any Galway movement?

I'm placed 1 for Galway and 2 for Westmeath and haven't heard a thing for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

Aisinikins wrote: »
    I'm placed 1 for Galway and 2 for Westmeath and haven't heard a thing for either.

are you in batch 1 or 1.2 for Westmeath?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Anniesland

I contacted PAS in December and they said that only 1 had been placed at time from Galway panel. Seems odd that they would have skipped you if you're 1 on the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Anniesland wrote: »
    I contacted PAS in December and they said that only 1 had been placed at time from Galway panel. Seems odd that they would have skipped you if you're 1 on the panel.

This campaign includes mobility transfers so 1 being placed could very well be from the mobility list

Anniesland wrote: »

It would have to be batch 1.2 I would say as they have already pulled two from Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ironcage

Wow! Very slow moving so. here's hoping to be placed before a no-deal-Brexit induced economic collapse that leads to another public service moratorium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 Aisinikins

Jipzy wrote: »
    are you in batch 1 or 1.2 for Westmeath?

Batch 1 . I know two have been called already but there can be multiple people with same order of merit

Batch 1 . I know two have been called already but there can be multiple people with same order of merit

Didn't think more than one person can have the same order of Merit.
    Was told by pass there was 10 people in Batch 1.

Didn't someone say last week that they have pulled two of the Westmeath panel? If you are number 2...whats going on??

• Advertisement

Ah yes, if four people have the same score then they all get the same number so yes two people could have had number 1 for Westmeath. All panels seem to have stalled except for LImerick.

Ah yes, if four people have the same score then they all get the same number so yes two people could have had number 1 for Westmeath. All panels seem to have stalled except for LImerick.

There's no movement in Limerick either. They have been at number 8 for weeks now. They said they are waiting to do a "big batch" together.

It would mean then if there is 3 people on the number 2 then number 3 and number 4 are vacant. so then it just comes down to luck if your called before the other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

I was just interviewed last week, I’m the second batch of people 2.1 (unsure if this batch number changes after interview). Hopefully I pass the interview but if I do could there obviously be 60 + people in front of me, there seems to be a couple batches.
    How many people are in a batch I wonder?

Skippy21 wrote: »
    I was just interviewed last week, I’m the second batch of people 2.1 (unsure if this batch number changes after interview). Hopefully I pass the interview but if I do could there obviously be 60 + people in front of me, there seems to be a couple batches.

I think they are keeping the batches small enough so far. Seems to be about 10 in batch one and the same for batch two. Its incredibly slow at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

ironcage wrote: »
    Wow! Very slow moving so. here's hoping to be placed before a no-deal-Brexit induced economic collapse that leads to another public service moratorium
    .. My biggest fear 😱

.. My biggest fear ��

Lets pray there isn't a hard Brexit....eitherways its going to affect the Irish Economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Skippy21 wrote: »

Rang Pas in Limerick 2 weeks ago there are 25 in batch 1.1 and 30 in batch 1.2 not sure about batch 1.3 but I would estimate 30 so if your in batch 2.1 there is possibly 90 plus ahead of you depending on your number after the interview for batch 2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Rang Pas in Limerick 2 weeks ago there are 25 in batch 1.1 and 30 in batch 1.2 not sure about batch 1.3 but I would estimate 30 so if your in batch 2.1 there is possibly 90 plus ahead of you depending on your number after the interview for batch 2.1.

That's what I was afraid of.. could I be waiting forever to get called/if I do get called!!!! I just will take it step by step.. Here's hoping i pass the interview!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Any movement in Mayo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Any movement in Mayo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PiPi78

UPDATE-
    They just called me to offer me a job in Co.Cork. I was 19th 1.3.
    Limerick is still at batch 1.1 (missing 50 at least to batch 1.3).Only 10 hired so far in Co.Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

PiPi78 wrote: »
    UPDATE-
    Limerick is still at batch 1.1 (missing 50 at least to batch 1.3).Only 10 hired so far in Co.Limerick

Sorry what do you mean by missing 50 at least to batch 1.3.Thanks

UPDATE-

Wow Cork panel seems to be flying. Wonder what the hold-up is with Limerick? At least it’s started moving again...they had been at number 8 for a couple of weeks. I’m teens for Limerick batch 1.1 so hopefully not long more to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Anastasia_

UPDATE-

Do you know is 1.3 the final grouping in batch 1? Thanks for the update and congrats on the offer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Has batch 2.1 been formed for Cork yet? They are still interviewing.

Is it 20 per sub batch? (eg.1.1=20 people,1.2=20 people etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Anastasia_

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Has batch 2.1 been formed for Cork yet? They are still interviewing.

Is it 20 per sub batch? (eg.1.1=20 people,1.2=20 people etc.)

I interviewed for batch 2.1 last week and haven't heard anything so presume they're still going on. Just trying to figure how long a wait there would be if successful in the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Huntline

Any movement in Longford?

Anastasia_ wrote: »
    Do you know is 1.3 the final grouping in batch 1? Thanks for the update and congrats on the offer!

I don't know to be honest with you. They're cryptic when comes to release infos.

Sorry what do you mean by missing 50 at least to batch 1.3.Thanks

It means that I was pretty much in the same position in batch 1.3 @ Co.Limerick and the lady on the phone told me that there's still 50 people to get to the early 20s in 1.3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Heyyou2019

Hi there

I am not long with CS and I’m wondering what my maternity rights are. My hospital is roughly 4 hour journey return for appointments, will I get the full day off or will I need to return to work after? I expect it would take between 5-6 hours between app and travel time
    Thanks T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Heyyou2019 wrote: »
    Hi there

I am not long with CS and I’m wondering what my maternity rights are. My hospital is roughly 4 hour journey return for appointments, will I get the full day off or will I need to return to work after? I expect it would take between 5-6 hours between app and travel time
    Thanks T

I don't know about Maternity but in my time as a TCO i once had a hospital appointment & I got a credit - to, from & the appointment.

Mind you it was only 2.5 hours & I did return to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Betty10

Huntline wrote: »
    Any movement in Longford?
    In top 5 for Longford & heard nothing since interview last October. Anyone have any update from Leitrim ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

when they call do they tell you what department and do you have to accept/decline there and then on phone?

I presume you need to then go through vetting/reference check for to even hear about a start date? Which must be a month out minimum.

This is taking longer than i expected. Batch 1.1 Clare/Limerick did interview in October. And i think they called alot more since.

Advertisement