Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

Batch 1.1 early 20's

Thanks. So we know there is more then 20 in the group 1 of batch 1..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

SB1982 wrote: »
    UPDATE - LIMERICK

Just got a message on my message board to say that my position has been reached.

I called PAS and they said that clearance will be in touch early next week with the details...

Well done! I got the same message, delighted!

Late teens in Batch 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hotteaalldone

Does anyone know if there is movement on the Waterford panel? I'm waiting on interview results and trying to figure out how long I could be waiting....if I pass the interview of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

UPDATE - LIMERICK

Just got a message on my message board to say that my position has been reached.

I called PAS and they said that clearance will be in touch early next week with the details...

I also got this message and I’m group / batch 1.2 and in the 30s OOM

Noseyaf wrote: »

Congratulations Noseyaf, great news..

Now we know there is more then 30 in group 2 of batch 1..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sallydolly40

got the message too batch 1.1. I thought people were getting phone calls :pac: seems like took alot in one go. looks like revenue they take large groups.

re message received. it doesnt mention garda vetting. no link etc and says references supplied in application form. i dont think i have given any references in original application. maybe they ask for them when they call

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Dont worry...I called them as I was in a panic about that too...I was thinking there was some form I hadn’t submitted but PAS said that’s just a generic email and the references they only ask for when they call you 😊
    got the message too batch 1.1. I thought people were getting phone calls :pac: seems like took alot in one go. looks like revenue they take large groups.

re message received. it doesnt mention garda vetting. no link etc and says references supplied in application form. i dont think i have given any references in original application. maybe they ask for them when they call

Dont worry...I called them as I was in a panic about that too...I was thinking there was some form I hadn’t submitted but PAS said that’s just a generic email and the references they only ask for when they call you ��

oh thats good to know. hopefully we all hear shortly and they don't drag this part out too:rolleyes:. when you rang did they say what department you were assigned to. i presume they know that now

oh thats good to know. hopefully we all hear shortly and they don't drag this part out too:rolleyes:. when you rang did they say what department you were assigned to. i presume they know that now

They told me in December I’d been assigned a role and every time I’d call they’d tell me the same thing but they won’t hive you even a hint of where you’re going until you get the official phone call lol...it’s like a state secret 😂they wouldn’t tell me today either lol. It looks like at least 40 people got that message today so maybe recenue???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Upto 147 for Galway has been called to stage 2 and upto 74 for Mayo. However, there is no intention to call any more groups at the present time. It could be a long wait. Again you do wonder about the selection process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Same message here. Same batch too

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DizzyLizzy1

Has anyone any update for The Kerry Panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Some Random Username

I did an interview for Cork batch 2.1 last week and got my new OOM today. I was top 10 - 20 in my batch after the tests but now I'm top 50. Thought the interview went really well so I'm not sure what happened. I've done well in a few civil service interviews before so I'm a bit confused really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I did an interview for Cork batch 2.1 last week and got my new OOM today. I was top 10 - 20 in my batch after the tests but now I'm top 50. Thought the interview went really well so I'm not sure what happened. I've done well in a few civil service interviews before so I'm a bit confused really.
    That's grand. We're in the same boat. I'll post if I hear before you.

they will send you another message shortly with feedback i.e your score out of 50 in each area examined. that will give you an idea of where you lost marks. as with most interviews it depends on who you get on the day some will grade higher than others. it used to be just pass/fail interview not sure why it changed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Cocolee90

I’m the exact same was top ten now in 50’s , was happy after the interview bit disappointed now ! hopefully cork panel continues to move quickly ! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Has anyone been speaking to PAS about Kerry or has anyone been offered a position in Kerry?

Was talking to them about 2 weeks ago and there was about 4 offered. Thought someone, maybe you were talking to them last week and nothing changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Majorkate2018

Was talking to them about 2 weeks ago and there was about 4 offered. Thought someone, maybe you were talking to them last week and nothing changed.

Yeah I was, just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything since then.

Hopefully Kerry will follow limerick now and call 30-40 together

• Registered Users Posts: 32 KatieD88

Does anyone know if there is movement on the Waterford panel? I'm waiting on interview results and trying to figure out how long I could be waiting....if I pass the interview of course!

My friend is starting in Revenue in Waterford on Monday she was in the top 10 hope that helps :)

Got a call from PAS this morning as they have reached my place on the Limerick panel. I'm going to hold tough for Tipp though.
    Batch 1.2 oom 16

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Got a call from PAS this morning as they have reached my place on the Limerick panel. I'm going g to hold tough for Tipp though.
    Batch 1.2 oom 16

Hey sorry to be nosey are you batch 1.2 on the limerick panel or too?

Also congrats

And YAYYY movement

Got a call from PAS this morning as they have reached my place on the Limerick panel. I'm going g to hold tough for Tipp though.
    Batch 1.2 oom 16

I'm batch 1.1 early teens got my message yesterday but no call??
    Did they say where they were offering you?

Hey sorry to be nosey are you batch 1.2 on the limerick panel or too?

Also congrats

And YAYYY movement

Not at all. I'm batch 1.2 in Limerick and 1.1 in Tipperary.
    Already got offered a position off the Tipp panel but they let me defer cos it was over 45kms away from home.

I'm batch 1.1 early teens got my message yesterday but no call??
    Did they say where they were offering you?

Nope, I also got an email this morning. Am tied up at the hospital with my 7yr old at the moment but will ring when I can and chat to them.
    They didn't give any indication of where it was but I'm presuming Revenue.

Nope, I aslo got an email this morning. Am tied up at the hospital with my 7yr old at the moment but will ring when I can and chat to them.

I didn't get a call or email. I spoke to them yesterday and they said that Clearance would be in touch early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Any idea how many people would be recruited in each county?
    Would Limerick, Cork, Galway recruit 100 plus people before the panel expires?
    Smaller counties 20 or 30 people?

Very frustrating process.

Nope, I also got an email this morning. Am tied up at the hospital with my 7yr old at the moment but will ring when I can and chat to them.

Hey Samsgirl, hope you kid is okay.

So you were contacted & offered a place in Tipping & Limerick? That is great.

You divered Limerick to get a place in Tipp?

Hey Samsgirl, hope you kid is okay.

So you were contacted & offered a place in Tipping & Limerick? That is great.

You divered Limerick to get a place in Tipp?

I was offered Tipp before Christmas but they rang me back to say I could defer as it was over 45kms from home. So I kept my place on the Tipp panel.

This morning I got a call about a place in Limerick but I'm not going to take it cos I want to hold out for as clst to home as I can get.

Child all okay, no appointment for another year :)

I was offered Tipp before Christmas but they rang me back to say I could defer as it was over 45kms from home. So I kept my place on the Tipp panel.

This morning I got a call about a place in Limerick but I'm not going to take it cos I want to hold out for as clst to home as I can get.

Thanks for reply Samsgirl.

Well congratulations on both offers.

Glad your Son/ Daughter is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Hi Sam Girl just wondering how long you can defer your place for.

• Advertisement

Hi Sam Girl just wondering how long you can defer your place for.

That, I don't know. Will be calling PAS later so will ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Got a call from PAS this morning as they have reached my place on the Limerick panel. I'm going to hold tough for Tipp though.
    Batch 1.2 oom 16

Best of luck for Tipp

Flippers didn't call me yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cork888

Hi

Just wondering if anyone here knows if there is batch 1.4 for cork?

I got my interview results for 2.1 in cork and judt trying to get an idea of numbers to be called before me.

That, I don't know. Will be calling PAS later so will ask.[/quo

Hey Samsgirl,

What is the number you can call if you have a query?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Does anyone know around how many had been hired in 2016 for Limerick or I wonder how many will be hired for Limerick? Is it a 100 + or less than that?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

That, I don't know. Will be calling PAS later so will ask.[/quo

Hey Samsgirl,

What is the number you can call if you have a query?

It's on their website. https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/contact-us

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Very quiet in Offaly and Westmeath, did anyone hear of anything stirring at all? ��
    Good luck to all within a decent commute to Revenue Offices, you guys will see some movement on the panel. ☘️
    Nationwide EO closing next week, so anyone apply for this be sure to get on it, there is a bit of work in the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Booklad86

As far as I know, no there's no 1.4. It goes 1.3 then on to 2.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

Hello there,. I too received my oom yesterday followed by the score. I would like to ask a few questions if you don't mind as you guys are the only people I know who might have some answers...I am not Irish and I don't know anybody else who attempted a public sectors position. So I could use some advise/info. Q1) are the scores a sum of all the stages or just the interview? Q2) why the secrecy regarding the number and the positions ready to be filled? It's like they are hiring as they go and it's not fair to see people stressfully guessing and awaiting of what's next. And finally are post offices and councils included in this campaign or do they have their own different competitions? Thank you in advance. Alex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Hello there,. I too received my oom yesterday followed by the score. I would like to ask a few questions if you don't mind as you guys are the only people I know who might have some answers...I am not Irish and I don't know anybody else who attempted a public sectors position. So I could use some advise/info. Q1) are the scores a sum of all the stages or just the interview? Q2) why the secrecy regarding the number and the positions ready to be filled? It's like they are hiring as they go and it's not fair to see people stressfully guessing and awaiting of what's next. And finally are post offices and councils included in this campaign or do they have their own different competitions? Thank you in advance. Alex.

Hi Alex,

Question 1: Your most recent score and OOM only reflects your performance in the interview and related to how well you did in each of the competencies.

Question 2: Nobody really has a definitive answer for this. Honestly, they pretty much are hiring as they go. A department will present a business need to DPER for hiring a certain number of staff. If they receive permission to hire that staff, then they will pull the relevant number of people from the panel. This is an ongoing process throughout the life of the campaign so it is next to impossible to predict the particular staffing needs of any particular department in any given region.

Finally, An Post and the council's do not hire from this campaign.

Thank you so much. So if a department wants to hire in a year from now, will they call people from this panel or will they start a new campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Thank you so much. So if a department wants to hire in a year from now, will they call people from this panel or will they start a new campaign?

It would more than likely be from the current campaign. This grade has usually had campaigns last for 2 years.

I have to say I ve learned in two messages almost everything I was trying to find out by asking around and googling the last 5 months . 😊. The whole system and procedures are so different from my country's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Spreefeet

Talked to pas on Tuesday. 3 placed in Roscommon. Only one placed in Leitrim. What a slow process

would PAS disclose the number of people placed in the panels? I think its important to at least know if one is 50/50 or 50/400 in their region.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 tones67

Limerick folks
    Did all who got emails last week get a phone call too or just some? Heard a large crew starting in revenue 4th March. A few I know got phone calls yesterday confirming it. They were batch 1.2. I'm in 1.1 and got email but no call re location or date etc

tones67 wrote: »
    Limerick folks
    Did all who got emails last week get a phone call too or just some? Heard a large crew starting in revenue 4th March. A few I know got phone calls yesterday confirming it. They were batch 1.2. I'm in 1.1 and got email but no call re location or date etc

For Limerick? I got theail but no call. Also batch 1.1 (saving the best for last?)

would PAS disclose the number of people placed in the panels? I think its important to at least know if one is 50/50 or 50/400 in their region.

They wouldn't be able to give you the numbers until the end of the life of the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 tones67

For Limerick? I got theail but no call. Also batch 1.1 (saving the best for last?)
    Hopefully...once we're not being shipped to SW or somewhere

tones67 wrote: »
    Hopefully...once we're not being shipped to SW or somewhere

I seriously doubt it. Someone probably looking after 1.1 and someone else after 1.2

• Advertisement
Advertisement