Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

tones67 wrote: »
    Limerick folks
    Did all who got emails last week get a phone call too or just some? Heard a large crew starting in revenue 4th March. A few I know got phone calls yesterday confirming it. They were batch 1.2. I'm in 1.1 and got email but no call re location or date etc

I’m in Batch 1.1 for Limerick, I got the email but didn’t a phone call.

Maybe they just didn’t get around to calling everyone yesterday, let’s see what happens on Monday!

Anybody know what it’s like to work in revenue, busy, flexi-time, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

tones67 wrote: »
    Limerick folks
    Did all who got emails last week get a phone call too or just some? Heard a large crew starting in revenue 4th March. A few I know got phone calls yesterday confirming it. They were batch 1.2. I'm in 1.1 and got email but no call re location or date etc

I’m teens in 1.1 too and no call here either. It’s odd they called people in 1.2 first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

No fear they fecking called me and I’m batch 1.2
    It does seem highly plausible one person in pas had group 1.1 and one had 1.2
    Like no other logically reason they skipped a large portion of ppl

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

meg3178 wrote: »
    Do they ring your employer for a reference or email them?

As far az I know, they email a reference check form to them telling them you have nominated them as your reference. On the form they ask do they know you, and do they recommend you for the position etc. It's more of a ticking box reference check, rather that a general one where they say you are great worker etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

They rang my employer when my reference was checked, so it probably varies from person to person

Waffleturd wrote: »
    They rang my employer when my reference was checked, so it probably varies from person to person

And also what department, let's just hope there are no bitter employers out there 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Reference was checked by staff at PAS. I was assigned to revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Checking my phone every five minutes to see if there's been a call.....
    Hon batch 1.1

Checking my phone every five minutes to see if there's been a call.....
    Hon batch 1.1

Me too!!! lol there will be a mad dash to take the call if the phone rings lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smokey2802

Best of luck everyone. Im on batch 2.1 number 12 for limerick. My first choice was Clare but I never heard anything about clare since the result of stage 2, i seem to have only been place on the limerick panel? Does anyone know if Clare is off the cards now for me?

• Advertisement

Just got the call!

Limerick Batch 1.1 - Revenue, starting March 4th! They said they have lots of people to ring so sit tight :)

336699 wrote: »
    Just got the call!

Limerick Batch 1.1 - Revenue, starting March 4th! They said they have lots of people to ring so sit tight :)

Well Done!!!
    Do you mind me asking what number you are?

SB1982 wrote: »
    Well Done!!!
    Do you mind me asking what number you are?

Thank you :)

I’m late teens

The nerves I can’t
    Staring at the phone to ring

Called PAS. They had been trying to call me on the phone but couldn't get through.

I've been placed in revenue in Limerick. Teens batch 1.1 start date 4th of March. Waiting for a link for vetting and reference request :)

SB1982 wrote: »
    Called PAS. They had been trying to call me on the phone but couldn't get through.

I've been placed in revenue in Limerick. Teens batch 1.1 start date 4th of March. Waiting for a link for vetting and reference request :)

Yayyyyy congrats : )

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Yayyyyy congrats : )

I wonder are revenue only taking a load for Limerick or other counties like Kerry etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Anyone any update on Kerry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Any one hear anything from Westmeath??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Just spoke with PAS, there has been no movement at all for Offaly. There is however a position for me in Laois but he did not say where, just that I'd be contacted soon. Hopefully that gives others some hope :) I'm in the top ten for both counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

Murzo wrote: »
    Any one hear anything from Westmeath??

They have only called two from Westmeath so far. Hopefully kick starts soon

The last I heard was just over 2 weeks ago and 4 people were placed

The last I heard was just over 2 weeks ago and 4 people were placed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Cocolee90

Hey, just wanted to drop an update on cork if anyone is like me in batch 2.1 .. it seems there is 11 people remaining before 2.1 is reached, so I’m taking it as a positive that it’s moved on so quick so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Cocolee90 wrote: »
    Hey, just wanted to drop an update on cork if anyone is like me in batch 2.1 .. it seems there is 11 people remaining before 2.1 is reached, so I’m taking it as a positive that it’s moved on so quick so far :)

Good stuff. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I wonder are revenue only taking a load for Limerick or other counties like Kerry etc.

Cork aswell, taking on a batch for early March date aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cork888

fin12 wrote: »
    Cork aswell, taking on a batch for early March date aswell.

Hi
    Did you get a call about starting in cork in March?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Cork888 wrote: »
    Hi
    Did you get a call about starting in cork in March?

No I just know they are taking on 20 new people in March.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    No I just know they are taking on 20 new people in March.

Thanks just wondering cause im in early 2.1 so fingers crossed i might get a call

I was offered revenue in cork at the start of the month. I'd say they are definitely taking on a few as well

I was offered revenue in cork at the start of the month. I'd say they are definitely taking on a few as well

Was that for a start date in March or did they say? Maybe they have the 20 for March already lined up. Just have wait and see if we get call.

Cork888 wrote: »
    Was that for a start date in March or did they say? Maybe they have the 20 for March already lined up. Just have wait and see if we get call.

They didn't say. Then again I didn't ask

They didn't say. Then again I didn't ask

No problem thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

https://dper.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=83eb12efc9c7478a982d39a89f759663

Can anyone tell me please, is this map for positions to be filled in total or just via mobility? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Blubelle18 wrote: »
    https://dper.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=83eb12efc9c7478a982d39a89f759663

Can anyone tell me please, is this map for positions to be filled in total or just via mobility? Thanks.

I thinks it all vacancies... for CO its 1 open to 1 mobility but its doesnt have to be within a single body. If for example a department takes two people in through mobility the two vacancies 'created' in the other government department are normal filled by open campaigns and visa versa. So it makes sense that they would list all.

Although im not sure that map is up to date.

Limerick

Where do we estimate they got to so far?
    I know they were on 1.1 today and 1.2 the other day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I thinks it all vacancies... for CO its 1 open to 1 mobility but its doesnt have to be within a single body. If for example a department takes two people in through mobility the two vacancies 'created' in the other government department are normal filled by open campaigns and visa versa. So it makes sense that they would list all.

Although im not sure that map is up to date.

I don't think the numbers are vacancies. I think they are indications of how many work at each location.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Limerick

Where do we estimate they got to so far?
    I know they were on 1.1 today and 1.2 the other day?

Has anyone come up with an answer yet? The worst thing is not knowing Noseyaf..😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

The map shows the total number of COs and EOs at each location. It is not an indication of how many jobs are or will become available

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

Last update for cork... They have allocated everybody from bunch 1, about to start bunch 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

The map shows the total number of COs and EOs at each location. It is not an indication of how many jobs are or will become available

Are you sure? Thats is very possibly but one department in particular listed 50 CO's, I worked in that building and there was nearly 20 CO's alone in our office/section which was medium in comparison to some. In january they were meant to be taking in 25 additional staff for one of the other sections alone.

As i said above, i dont think its been updated in long while, and even if it were vacancie i doubt they plan to fill them all but in that particular example, there seems to be something not right about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Are you sure? Thats is very possibly but one department in particular listed 50 CO's, I worked in that building and there was nearly 20 CO's alone in our office/section which was medium in comparison to some. In january they were meant to be taking in 25 additional staff for one of the other sections alone.

As i said above, i dont think its been updated in long while, and even if it were vacancie i doubt they plan to fill them all but in that particular example, there seems to be something not right about it.

Wishful thinking on my part that it was vacancies then :-/

That's just a map of how many of each position are in what county in each dept. It's not a list numbers of people they hope to hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

How many people in general do you think have been gone through for Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

I'm in batch 2.1 for limerick. I emailed clearance on Friday and I was told the following:
    "The previous batch has 13 candidates left awaiting positions presently before we reach your batch"

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

Skippy21 wrote: »
    I'm in batch 2.1 for limerick. I emailed clearance on Friday and I was told the following:
    "The previous batch has 13 candidates left awaiting positions presently before we reach your batch"

May I ask what you asked them and did they mind you emailing them to know how many were ahead of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Skippy21 wrote: »

Thanks for sharing that!

How long would it take to place 13 people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

How many people in general do you think have been gone through for Cork?
    Pas couldn't come up with a number when I asked

Advertisement