Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

May I ask what you asked them and did they mind you emailing them to know how many were ahead of you?

They didn't seem to mind me emailing them and they responded within the day.

I just explained that i'm in Batch 2.1 and the number of my position. I just asked them how many other people are ahead of me, before they will reach batch 2.1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Limerick

Rang for an update on how many were in front of me and the lady was lovely and I was on her list for a call today
    Starting March 4th in revenue
    So delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Got the link for vetting yesterday and completed it this morning, and I’m pretty sure they just called my referee a few mins ago 😊 Excited!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Carlisle2211

Hi, has anyone had any contact re Donegal panel? Any idea what number has been interviewed up to, I haven’t heard a thing, late 20’s in OOM. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jimjammy10

Hi, has anyone had any contact re Donegal panel? Any idea what number has been interviewed up to, I haven’t heard a thing, late 20’s in OOM. Thanks.
    They've only reached number one in B1.1 so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

Skippy21 wrote: »
    They didn't seem to mind me emailing them and they responded within the day.

I just explained that i'm in Batch 2.1 and the number of my position. I just asked them how many other people are ahead of me, before they will reach batch 2.1.

Thank you for reply Skippy21..

It is just so nerve racking waiting to hear back or waiting for the call..

Any were told there was only 13 left ahead of you.. that seems like such a small number..

Thank you again

Fingers crossed for you..

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Limerick

Rang for an update on how many were in front of me and the lady was lovely and I was on her list for a call today
    So delighted

What number are you Noseyaf on the panel and what group in batch 1. ?

If you don't mind sharing..

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Thank you for reply Skippy21..

It is just so nerve racking waiting to hear back or waiting for the call..

Any were told there was only 13 left ahead of you.. that seems like such a small number..

Thank you again

Fingers crossed for you..

No unfortunately there is 13 people before they reach batch 2.1, I have awhile before they reach my number in batch 2.1.
    Hopefully there is a lot of jobs in Limerick!!!

Skippy21 wrote: »
    No unfortunately there is 13 people before they reach batch 2.1, I have awhile before they reach my number in batch 2.1.
    Hopefully there is a lot of jobs in Limerick!!!

Thanks for reply..

Still only 13 people left In Batch 1 is very little.
    So that would suggest that there is 30 people per group.. That is only a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 clare3

Limerick

So delighted

Congrats!! Did you get a call today?

• Advertisement

clare3 wrote: »
    Congrats!! Did you get a call today?

Thanks

No I rang them to find out how many where infront of me and got lucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Thanks

No I rang them to find out how many where infront of me and got lucky

Even better. See you on the 4th :)

Even better. See you on the 4th :)

I’m so excited

Does anyone know what the parking scenario is in Limerick?
    Any deals for revenue staff ??

I’m so excited

Does anyone know what the parking scenario is in Limerick?
    Any deals for revenue staff ??

I think revenue have a deal with Arthur's Quay Parking..

But there are better around town

Cornmarket parking is 50 Euro a month Monday to Friday or 60 7 days a week..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

Just checked the price of Arthurs Quay (Limerick) Car park -

€20 Weekly ticket - 7 Days, come and go as you please

€69 Monthly ticket - 31 Days, come and go as you please

You can also pre-book your space.

There is a car park in Charlottes Quay, right behind the Revenue Commissioners building. I’ll ring tomorrow to see if they do any deals.

I think revenue have a deal with Arthur's Quay Parking..

But there are better around town

Cornmarket parking is 50 Euro a month Monday to Friday or 60 7 days a week..

Arthur’s Quay don’t have that deal anymore. Which one is Cornmarket Car Park?

SB1982 wrote: »

Cornmarket Carpark to s beside Nancy Blake's pub, it is 5 mins walk from revenue..

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kerry gold

Hi all,Has anybody got an interview date for batch 2 on the Kerry panel?

Cornmarket Carpark to s beside Nancy Blake's pub, it is 5 mins walk from revenue..

Cornstore is 70 if not 75 a month now they’ve put it up a couple of times

Barringtons is €60
    City Centre Car Park (near the Cornstore restaurant) is €60

• Advertisement

A friend of mine is paying 60.. but that could be because of a deal through work..

The same for another friend, he was paying the 50 a month.. Again that could be a deal through work .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fireandtea

Just for those wondering about Clare - I am in top 5 and there has been no movement at all. I was interviewed for Limerick in October and have been waiting to hear since. I turned down a position in Limerick in the hopes of Clare coming up. I assume now that there will be a very long wait.

PAS has said there have been no requests for staff in Clare to date and couldn't give me a timeline as to when anyone would be called. If anyone has any insight from the 2016 panel of waiting times that would be very much appreciated.

fireandtea wrote: »
    Just for those wondering about Clare - I am in top 5 and there has been no movement at all. I was interviewed for Limerick in October and have been waiting to hear since. I turned down a position in Limerick in the hopes of Clare coming up. I assume now that there will be a very long wait.

PAS has said there have been no requests for staff in Clare to date and couldn't give me a timeline as to when anyone would be called. If anyone has any insight from the 2016 panel of waiting times that would be very much appreciated.

Hi Firesbdtea,

Did you ring PAS or email clearance email address ?

How long did it take them to reply? If you don't mind me asking?

Hey SB1982,

It is actually called cornmarket square Car Parking..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fireandtea

Hi Fireandtea,

Did you ring PAS or email clearance email address ?

How long did it take them to reply? If you don't mind me asking?

I rang PAS Tel: +353-1-8587400

They are very helpful, pity I don't have better news.

I rang PAS Tel: +353-1-8587400

They are very helpful, pity I don't have better news.

Hey Firesbdtea,

Thanks for the reply and for the information..
    It is helpful.

Hope you get called soon..

I’m Clare as my 1st choice too and in 1.1 and a similar number to you...I accepted Limerick as the chances of a job in Clare is slim and I wasn’t willing to take the risk...I plan on mobility to Clare eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

Kerry gold wrote: »

Not a word! I wish I knew when they were too!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Hang in there ,rang Pas about Clare as was hopeful of getting Clare Job as like you I'm in top twenty.I asked and was informed that 18 people were taken on for the 2016 campaign and 2 have been taken on for 2018,So your chances are high of getting something.I was offered Limerick and will accept as I need the work now and do not want to be waiting over a year or more.Any job you will get in Clare will be either tax office Shannon ,courts,Garda stations etc as revenue and social welfare do not take people off the panel only through mobilty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

Kerry gold wrote: »

I would be interested to know this too. I email pas and they have interviewed 26 from Batch 1. Not sure if this is all of Batch 1 or not as they did not say, but if it is, Batch 2 should be soon. Also how many are there in Batch 2 if anyone knows.

Hang in there ,rang Pas about Clare as was hopeful of getting Clare Job as like you I'm in top twenty.I asked and was informed that 18 people were taken on for the 2016 campaign and 2 have been taken on for 2018,So your chances are high of getting something.I was offered Limerick and will accept as I need the work now and do not want to be waiting over a year or more.Any job you will get in Clare will be either tax office Shannon ,courts,Garda stations etc as revenue and social welfare do not take people off the panel only through mobilty.

Can I ask why revenue and social welfare don't take people off the panel only through mobility? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

jimjammy10 wrote: »
    Can I ask why revenue and social welfare don't take people off the panel only through mobility? thanks

I don't know have worked as a TCO in both Revenue and Social Welfare in Ennis have never seen anyone employed directly from the panel.I think it maybe has something to do with the big flist of people looking to transfer back to Clare from Limerick.

I don't know have worked as a TCO in both Revenue and Social Welfare in Ennis have never seen anyone employed directly from the panel.I think it maybe has something to do with the big flist of people looking to transfer back to Clare from Limerick.

Oh dear I thought that they took one from mobility and one from the open panel, thanks anyway!

Oh dear I thought that they took one from mobility and one from the open panel, thanks anyway!

They do. The new system they brought in this year ensures they do...it’s written up on their website....,

“When will a vacancy be filled through Civil Service Mobility?

Organisations will fill vacant posts in accordance with the following organisational sequence:

CO – 50% Mobility : 50% Open;

The above sequencing will be applied on a nationwide basis”

I spoke to PAS before accepting the position in Limerick and was told Clare was not moving and that there had been 0 requests received for staff in Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

So what do they do if there are no mobility applications to cover the other 50%? And what if the vacant positions are 9? How does the 50-50 apply?

They do. The new system they brought in this year ensures they do...it’s written up on their website....,

Organisations will fill vacant posts in accordance with the following organisational sequence:

#2,137
    So what do they do if there are no mobility applications to cover the other 50%? And what if the vacant positions are 9? How does the 50-50 apply?

#2,137

You’ll have to ask PAS. All I know is this new 50/50 system was brought in recently

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corcraa

Any more updates on Cork? I'm in the top 10 of batch 2.1 and I haven't heard anything yet. Does anybody know if the people being taken on by Revenue in Cork have all been selected or are PAS still contacting people from the panel to fill the vacancies? Trying to figure out the likelihood of being placed in the Revenue. 🀞ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cork888

corcraa wrote: »
    Any more updates on Cork? I'm in the top 10 of batch 2.1 and I haven't heard anything yet. Does anybody know if the people being taken on by Revenue in Cork have all been selected or are PAS still contacting people from the panel to fill the vacancies? Trying to figure out the likelihood of being placed in the Revenue. 🀞ðŸ¼

Im in the same boat top 5 for 2.1 Cork and I hope to get revenue too. I was speaking to them yesterday and they told me Batch 1 is finished and they said I should hear from them in max a month. That doesnt answer the revenue question but you should hopefully hear from them soon too.

• Advertisement

corcraa wrote: »
    It sounds to me that you will receive a call in the next 2 weeks if not next week. I am awaiting for Pas to respond to an email I ve sent yesterday requesting statistics and positions info. I'll share with ye all the important bits. Congratulations and good luck ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SB1891

I got word I’m in batch 2.1 number 40 for Cork, can anyone explain how many people are in each batch? I’m guessing it will be another few months before I get called.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 corcraa

Cork888 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat top 5 for 2.1 Cork and I hope to get revenue too. I was speaking to them yesterday and they told me Batch 1 is finished and they said I should hear from them in max a month. That doesnt answer the revenue question but you should hopefully hear from them soon too.

Thanks a million! You never know, we could end up being colleagues! I'll keep my fingers crossed that we both get the Revenue! :D

dorbrogra wrote: »
    I would be interested to know this too. I email pas and they have interviewed 26 from Batch 1. Not sure if this is all of Batch 1 or not as they did not say, but if it is, Batch 2 should be soon. Also how many are there in Batch 2 if anyone knows.

For stage 2 in Kerry,the first 43 were selected! I'm assuming there will be another 12 or 13 added to create batch 1.3.

Has anybody an idea how many co's were recruited off the 2016 panel in Kerry ? And what batch number did they get to?

It sounds to me that you will receive a call in the next 2 weeks if not next week. I am awaiting for Pas to respond to an email I ve sent yesterday requesting statistics and positions info. I'll share with ye all the important bits. Congratulations and good luck ☺

Hey Alexandragr,

Can I ask you what email address you used? Was it the clearance email address?

Hello Hemingway, its info@publicjobs.ie .. Sinéad Lenehan -Candidate Support Unit, acknowledged that received my mail but i have no response yet. It would be great if the basic results were posted somewhere for us to see instead of calling and emailing all the time.

Hello Hemingway, its info@publicjobs.ie .. Sinéad Lenehan -Candidate Support Unit, acknowledged that received my mail but i have no response yet. It would be great if the basic results were posted somewhere for us to see instead of calling and emailing all the time.

Thanks for reply Alexandragr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

#2,137

1. In the case of 9 vacancies - mobility takes priority it would be 5 Mobility and 4 Open. However its nationwide and across all departments so it not to say one department couldn't take in 100% mobility or 100% open, the numbers just have to balance.

So if dept 'A' receives two people via mobility from depts 'B' and 'C' - B & C would pull from the open panel to fill the 'new' vacancies.

2. In the very unlikely event that they couldnt find a single person in the whole civil service that was looking for mobility - they would probably have to wait a month until more people are meet the 2 year eligiblity requirement.

Got a message to say my vetting has been completed and a “disclosure” has been made to PAS. I presume this just means they’ve passed the results to PAS as I’ve never even had so much as a parking ticket lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement