Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Hey SB1982,

How are you? Which list were you on again, was it Limerick?
    How long did it take PAS to contact you after you got the email from the Garda Vetting? If you don't mind me asking?

Yes, Limerick.
    The sequence was they told me start date etc. sent me link for vetting and called my referee on the same day and then they contacted me again the same day that Garda vetting cleared (2days later). They gave me start date etc. before getting the vetting cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

SB1982 wrote: »
    Yes, Limerick.
    The sequence was they told me start date etc. sent me link for vetting and called my referee on the same day and then they contacted me again the same day that Garda vetting cleared (2days later). They gave me start date etc. before getting the vetting cleared.

Hey SB1982, thanks for getting back..

Yeah, I was given a start date and I just got the Email from the Garda vetting back today.. but was just trying to figure out what comes next. I guess I will get a call from PAS in the next few days.

You know yourself, it is a long process and your mind can wonder. 😀

Hey SB1982, thanks for getting back..

Yeah, I was given a start date and I just got the Email from the Garda vetting back today.. but was just trying to figure out what comes next. I guess I will get a call from PAS in the next few days.

You know yourself, it is a long process and your mind can wonder. 😀

You’ll get a call from Revenue telling you again your start date and time, and that they will send your contract through via email as well as other documents. They will also ask you to provide bank details so they can set you up for payroll. I wouldn’t worry...there’s 2 weeks to go before start date (if you’re Narch 4th too) and they’ll have you all set up by then 😊 if you’re looking for an update just give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mull91

Rikand wrote: »
    3 so far

Me and 2 transfers. I havent started yet but will be in Athlone (i'd prefer not to say where ;) )

It's very slow moving though - slowest year ever by all accounts

Was in contact with PAS last week, I'm no. 8 on batch 1.2, which I think was 18 overall, and PAS informed me that there is currently 13 ahead of me on the panel as of last week...

Presuming that means 5 have progressed, so maybe 10 overall between panel and mobility??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

Is it too late to apply for this ?

Asking on behalf of my wife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Soulsun wrote: »

Where? Check publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Yes, for the permanent panel it’ll be 2020 before another competition is open. Tell her to set up a profile on public jobs and she’ll get notifications there.

You’ll get a call from Revenue telling you again your start date and time, and that they will send your contract through via email as well as other documents. They will also ask you to provide bank details so they can set you up for payroll. I wouldn’t worry...there’s 2 weeks to go before start date (if you’re Narch 4th too) and they’ll have you all set up by then 😊 if you’re looking for an update just give them a call.

Hi SB1982,

Thank you again for reply. Yeah, you are right. Not worry, but like everyone, just want to get started.. lol.

Congratulations to you and everyone who has there start date. It was a long time coming and waiting. so well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

The Dublin only campaign is due in the coming weeks but for all other counties it will be 2020 before it opens again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Carlisle2211

Hi, I am very stressed, I have an interview next week and I have lost my copy of the list of competencies required for a Clerical Officer. Would anyone be able to tell me what they are or where I can find the list please. All the links on my notice board are closed. Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Hi, I am very stressed, I have an interview next week and I have lost my copy of the list of competencies required for a Clerical Officer. Would anyone be able to tell me what they are or where I can find the list please. All the links on my notice board are closed. Thank you in advance.

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/2-uncategorised/259-clerical-officer

the info you need is linked towards the bottom of that page

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Carlisle2211

Alonso77 wrote: »
    https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/2-uncategorised/259-clerical-officer

the info you need is linked towards the bottom of that page

Thank you so much I really appreciate your help, I found the information through the link you suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭chrisd2019

Hi,

Was told of this section of the website by a friend.

I have recently been offered a tempory position at the CSO, I am wondering does anyone have any past experience of working there?

Is the carpark available to all staff as I would need to drive there for sure?

Is there a canteen?

In general what is it like as a workplace in comparison with other public service locations.

Thanks

Christine

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CorkCandidate

Hi All,

I am placed in the 30's on the Cork 2.1 batch, has anyone been called from this batch yet? I need to get back to work asap as I am currently unemployed, I got the email a few weeks ago with the batch, number etc but I don't want to be calling them in case I annoy them!

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Hi All,

I am placed in the 30's on the Cork 2.1 batch, has anyone been called from this batch yet? I need to get back to work asap as I am currently unemployed, I got the email a few weeks ago with the batch, number etc but I don't want to be calling them in case I annoy them!

Thanks a mill

There were a few called for this batch already for revenue. It's back a few posts. But the latest I've heard they are around no.5 on batch 2.1 for Cork. I'm latter 30's so don't be a stranger when you get the call! :D Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Calmcookie84

CZ 453 wrote: »
    There were a few called for this batch already for revenue. It's back a few posts. But the latest I've heard they are around no.5 on batch 2.1 for Cork. I'm latter 30's so don't be a stranger when you get the call! :D Thanks

Hiya,
    Just wondering what number you were from day one? Just wondering how much of a wait I have to get to stage two?

Hi All,

Thanks a mill

The waiting is terrible. You won’t annoy them at all. They’re so helpful. Give them a call they won’t take any notice at all and it eases the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cocolee90

Hi All,

Thanks a mill

Hi corkcandidate
    I was in contact with PAS on Friday and they have contacted up to oom 20 so far in 2.1 .. im a bit further back than you so if you do get the call let us know :) the wait is so tough !

Hiya,
    Just wondering what number you were from day one? Just wondering how much of a wait I have to get to stage two?

300s

Can anyone advise what it’s like working as a CO in revenue? What kind of work do you do? Is the training difficult? Any info appreciated.

Also what is CO take home pay per week (starting off) after all deductions 😊

Hey SB1982, how are you?

The work is straight forward enough, it depends on which department or unit you are going in to..

Do you know which department your going in to ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 fireandtea

Clare is moving!

fireandtea wrote: »
    Clare is moving!

Hey Fire&Tea, what number are they on?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Cocolee90 wrote: »
    Hi corkcandidate
    I was in contact with PAS on Friday and they have contacted up to oom 20 so far in 2.1 .. im a bit further back than you so if you do get the call let us know :) the wait is so tough !

Hey,

I'm cork too, I'm batch 2 but my oom is in the 70s, are they calling people? The wait is killing me! But I don't feel hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ali1993

Has anyone past 100 been called for Kildare yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cocolee90

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm cork too, I'm batch 2 but my oom is in the 70s, are they calling people? The wait is killing me! But I don't feel hopefully

They didn’t say if/when further numbers would be called. It’s a very anxious wait , but hopefully more jobs will become available soon , they seem to have gotten to 2.1 quickly enough anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

Does anyone know the hours of the jobs being offered? Are they all Monday to Friday or is anyone on weekends/shifts? If you get HSE or Garda Stations will you do outside normal office hours etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kerry gold

Any update on the Kerry panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jimjammy10

Donegal update anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭336699

Mskimee wrote: »
    Does anyone know the hours of the jobs being offered? Are they all Monday to Friday or is anyone on weekends/shifts? If you get HSE or Garda Stations will you do outside normal office hours etc?

The HSE doesn’t recruit staff from this campaign, they run their own one.

The hours would be normal business hours, Monday to Friday for government departments. I assume it would be the same for COs in Garda stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lexa15

jimjammy10 wrote: »
    Donegal update anyone?

Just one called. I'm in the top 5, it's such a long wait

• Advertisement

Just got the call from clearance for Donegal! :)

Got the call from Westmeath!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,425 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

Congrats, What number were you?

Jipzy wrote: »
    Congrats, What number were you?

Top 10, I think there were a few called. I've been told clearance will take a few weeks and then I'll get a start date. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

Top 10, I think there were a few called. I've been told clearance will take a few weeks and then I'll get a start date. :D
    Thanks, Im in batch 1.2 and was just wondering how many are left ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

Did they mention were in donegal?

doc22 wrote: »
    Did they mention were in donegal?

DSP Buncrana

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CorkCandidate

Thanks everyone for the info and replies, much appreciated! I will update everyone when I get the call, we're all in this together :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 VintageMick

Well done JimJammy. Great news to hear it's finally moving. Do you mind me asking what batch you are in and a rough idea of your oom? I'm waiting patiently. In batch 1.2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Noseyaf

Anyone know the likelihood of holidays being approve dif ur witihin the training period
    Starting in rev on the 4th was meant to be going away end of March but no hope now just said I’d see did anyone know anything about ti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Noseyaf wrote: »
    Anyone know the likelihood of holidays being approve dif ur witihin the training period
    Starting in rev on the 4th was meant to be going away end of March but no hope now just said I’d see did anyone know anything about ti

Holiday Year is April to March 31st so I can't see why not. (Or it is for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Any update on Kerry Region

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

HI Mskimee...I know you say you were in top 10. Were you closer to 1 or 10?
    Just trying to guage where I am now on the panel. Best of luck and well done.
    Where were you offered if you don't mind me asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭mur223

ali1993 wrote: »
    Has anyone past 100 been called for Kildare yet?

Hi Ali1993,

I am batch 1.2 for Kildare OOM top 20 I called them yesterday and they told me there were 4 people ahead of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Phoned PAS this morning and they are up to 23 in Limerick on batch 2.1!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SB1891

Phoned PAS today and the Cork 2.1 panel is currently on number 25!! Hopefully it keeps moving fast

SB1891 wrote: »
    Phoned PAS today and the Cork 2.1 panel is currently on number 25!! Hopefully it keeps moving fast

They are tearing through them. Any idea if most of this batch are for Revenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Noseyaf wrote: »

taking annual leave wont be a problem. Just tell HR when you start that you have holidays booked. They never stop people taking leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Anyone have any update on the Kerry Panel

• Advertisement
Advertisement