Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Joe222 wrote: »
    Anyone an idea how many have got jobs in Galway and Mayo thus far?
    I wonder will it be a year or more before the next batch is called?

Thanks

Last I heard around 10 in Mayo so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Murzo wrote:
    A single person's yearly tax credit is 3300 which equates to a weekly credit of 63.46. Taking a gross salary of 451 you are liable to pay 20% tax on that minus any pension deductions. So take your pension deduction would be around 15 then you are left with 436 for tax purposes. Divide that by 5 which is 20% and you get 87.20. Minus your tax credit of 63.46 then this leaves you paying approx. 23.74 tax per week.

Great help! Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CorkCandidate

Oh thanks a mill SB, I was panicking there for a minute! I am going to call PAS Friday morning if I dont hear any update on the Cork positions before then, I will keep you all posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

Xenji wrote: »
    Last I heard around 10 in Mayo so far.

I wonder how many are on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

SB1891 wrote: »
    Oh I’m so sorry I meant 2.1, I’m number 40 in batch 2.1. I totally understand your frustration its such a long wait. I think i’ll go ahead and book holidays anyway, if its booked before we get word on the job I’m sure there wont be any issues getting the time off.

Hi,

I'm all confused, how do you know what number they are on? It's batch 2 they are on in cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anniesland

Joe222 wrote: »
    Anyone an idea how many have got jobs in Galway and Mayo thus far?
    I wonder will it be a year or more before the next batch is called?

Thanks

I'm 13th on Galway B1 panel. Last time I checked about 3 weeks ago I was told there was 6 ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SB1891

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm all confused, how do you know what number they are on? It's batch 2 they are on in cork?

I phoned PAS (tel:1890-449999) last week and was told the Cork panel are on batch 2.1 number 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

SB1891 wrote: »
    I phoned PAS (tel:1890-449999) last week and was told the Cork panel are on batch 2.1 number 25.

Thank you, at least thats something, I'm in the 70s, the waiting is painful, what number range are you in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

DM26 wrote: »
    I'm Batch 2 on Kerry panel, haven't heard a thing back. The waiting game is horrible isn't it!

Hi DM26, Have you had your interview for Kerry? I'm in batch 2 also and still awaiting interview , do you mind me asking what number are you roughly, top 5,top10 etc? The waiting is desperate.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DM26

Fracture wrote: »
    Hi DM26, Have you had your interview for Kerry? I'm in batch 2 also and still awaiting interview , do you mind me asking what number are you roughly, top 5,top10 etc? The waiting is desperate.

Hi there

I had the interview in Dublin, I'm early 20s on Batch 2 of the Kerry panel. I contacted PAS today and got told that they're very slow going through the process for Kerry in particular as there are some gaps... I presume it won't be speeding up anytime soon either 😭

Did you have your interview yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

Hi
    Ok so I'm totally confused now! I'm late teens for Kerry after my aptitude test in Dublin in December. I was waiting to be called for an interview next but it seems you have already been called in round 2 for interview! Could they have just missed me by mistake?? Thanks

Hi
    Ok so I'm totally confused now! I'm late teens for Kerry after my aptitude test in Dublin in December. I was waiting to be called for an interview next but it seems you have already been called in round 2 for interview! Could they have just missed me by mistake?? Thanks

Hi Clairebear

Could it be that you're in a different Batch number to me? That's probably the only thing I can think of? I had the aptitude test in December and the Stage 3 interview in January. Kerry is horrifically slow, it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Hi there

I had the interview in Dublin, I'm early 20s on Batch 2 of the Kerry panel. I contacted PAS today and got told that they're very slow going through the process for Kerry in particular as there are some gaps... I presume it won't be speeding up anytime soon either 😭

Did you have your interview yet?

I'm in the top 10 for batch 2 kerry. I havent been invited for an interview yet. You must be batch 1. I just called PAS there, theyve interviewed 26 people from batch 1 so far. Ive no idea how many people are in batch 1 either. Did you have kerry as your first choice? Or were you limerick-kerry or cork-kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DJOC83

Hi. Applied for Kerry and Cork... Kerry is preferred choice. After aptitude test in Dublin in December I was given details of my results and called for an interview. This was in Dublin in January. After the interview I received my feedback and received a message to show I had jumped up to 13th on batch 2 for Cork. As of yet there's been no feedback on how the interview affected my placing on the Kerry application. I presume the one interview covered both regions? Does anyone know if that is or isn't the case?

I'm in the top 10 for batch 2 kerry. I havent been invited for an interview yet. You must be batch 1. I just called PAS there, theyve interviewed 26 people from batch 1 so far. Ive no idea how many people are in batch 1 either. Did you have kerry as your first choice? Or were you limerick-kerry or cork-kerry?

After Stage 3 interview I'm early 20s in Batch 2 for Kerry and mid 40s in Batch 2.1 for Cork. That's what they said to me yesterday on the phone..... unless they've made a mistake ha! :)

Kerry was my first choice. I can't get over how slow the whole process is!

DJOC83 wrote: »
    Hi. Applied for Kerry and Cork... Kerry is preferred choice. After aptitude test in Dublin in December I was given details of my results and called for an interview. This was in Dublin in January. After the interview I received my feedback and received a message to show I had jumped up to 13th on batch 2 for Cork. As of yet there's been no feedback on how the interview affected my placing on the Kerry application. I presume the one interview covered both regions? Does anyone know if that is or isn't the case?

Hi DJOC83

I'm the same, after the interview in Dublin I was bumped up to mid 40s for Cork....but received no correspondence regarding Kerry since. I bit the bullet yesterday and phoned PAS, they couldn't have been more helpful! :) Give them a call if you're curious as to your position on the Kerry panel (although they did say to me yesterday that there may not be much movement on it for another month).

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Clairebear12

Thanks for your reply. I'm batch 2 in Kerry in the late teens. I rang PAS this morning they said 26 have gone through from batch 1 so far for interview for Kerry and none from batch 2. They said was it for permanent position which I said it was. Hard to know what's happening when people have different stories. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Thanks for your reply. I'm batch 2 in Kerry in the late teens. I rang PAS this morning they said 26 have gone through from batch 1 so far for interview for Kerry and none from batch 2. They said was it for permanent position which I said it was. Hard to know what's happening when people have different stories. Guess we just have to wait and see.

No problem at all. I'm only happy to share it, we're all in the same boat and left in limbo wondering if we're going to get it or not. Mine is for a permanent role too so I hope I'll be considered for a position due to being in the early 20s... Hopefully there are enough jobs out there for us, fingers crossed! I'll keep you posted should I hear anything else from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DJOC83

Hi DJOC83

I'm the same, after the interview in Dublin I was bumped up to mid 40s for Cork....but received no correspondence regarding Kerry since. I bit the bullet yesterday and phoned PAS, they couldn't have been more helpful! :) Give them a call if you're curious as to your position on the Kerry panel (although they did say to me yesterday that there may not be much movement on it for another month).

Cheers for the reply DM26, glad I'm not the only one worried about not getting an update re Kerry position following the interview. I'll give PAS a call to see where I am now and see if the interview had any bearing on the positioning. This board has been a great source of info to be fair.. I'll be keeping an eye on it for a while yet I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OCOW

Westmeath has almost finished Batch 1:1 (10). Hopefully it won't take too long to move on.
    Offaly has only placed 1 up to yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

OCOW wrote: »
    Westmeath has almost finished Batch 1:1 (10). Hopefully it won't take too long to move on.
    Offaly has only placed 1 up to yesterday.

What number are they at on batch 1? Have they placed 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OCOW

Murzo wrote: »
    What number are they at on batch 1? Have they placed 9?
    They have ...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

OCOW wrote: »
    They have ...

great news.....should be on batch 2 in no time....what number have you got for batch 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Best of luck to everyone starting in Revenue Cork today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

Murzo wrote: »
    great news.....should be on batch 2 in no time....what number have you got for batch 2?

HI Murzo

I'm guessing your in Batch 1.2 for Westmeath? What number are you?
    I'm number 3 in batch 1.2, Just wondering if anyone close to my number will post on this before I am called. Ill update on this if I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭mur223

Rang PAS today they have reached batch 1.2 Number 14 on the Kildare Panel

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hrme

mur223 wrote: »
    Rang PAS today they have reached batch 1.2 Number 14 on the Kildare Panel

Is that from the interviews that were done in the aspect hotel in the middle of Feb??

Hrme wrote: »
    Is that from the interviews that were done in the aspect hotel in the middle of Feb??

No. My interview was done back in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭336699

To the people that started in Revenue in Limerick today, hope your first day went well!

Just wondering what the dress code is, I’m starting next Monday :)

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Blu2015

Any update on Sligo or Leitrim panels. Any help appreciated!

Any word since on your side? Not heard a thing from them myself. It's so frustratingly slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CorkCandidate

Any more peeps from Cork Bath 2.1 get a called?

Any more peeps from Cork Bath 2.1 get a called?

I'm mid 40s on Batch 2.1 and I've not heard a thing. It's all moving very slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

Can anyone who started in revenue in Limerick on Monday tell me what time you finished? I start this coming Monday and need to organise myself a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Can anyone who started in revenue in Limerick on Monday tell me what time you finished? I start this coming Monday and need to organise myself a bit

Your training might be different if you’re in the other building, but I think we finished at 4 on Monday (10am start) Finished at 3pm on Tues (trainer got slides etc. finished early so she let us go) today was flexi-time so you could start anytime between 8 and 10 and finish between 4 and 6 then we have training tomorrow and fri 09.30-5.30 both days. The days you don’t have training you can do flexi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

SB1982 wrote: »
    Your training might be different if you’re in the other building, but I think we finished at 4 on Monday (10am start) Finished at 3pm on Tues (trainer got slides etc. finished early so she let us go) today was flexi-time so you could start anytime between 8 and 10 and finish between 4 and 6 then we have training tomorrow and fri 09.30-5.30 both days. The days you don’t have training y7ou can do flexi

Hey SB1982, thanks for the information.

How are you finding it do far? Have ye been given your departments yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Hey SB1982, thanks for the information.

How are you finding it do far? Have ye been given your departments yet?

Good so far. People are lovely. We were told our departments on the first day. Have no idea what the work will be like yet...bit scared lol

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

SB1982 wrote: »
    Good so far. People are lovely. We were told our departments on the first day. Have no idea what the work will be like yet...bit scared lol

Hey SB1982,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Don't be scared, you will do fine. Once you follow the training you will be grand.. The people in you department will be very helpful aswell..

Debt management is straight forward aswell.

Congratulations again n the start either way..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Carlisle2211

Any more movement in Donegal panel does anyone know, up to what number had been placed now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 VintageMick

Any more movement in Donegal panel does anyone know, up to what number had been placed now, thanks.

I'm in batch 1.2. No word yet.

• Advertisement

Just got the call from PAS, in clearance for a position in the Office of Public Works in Kildare. Has anyone heard about what its like to work in this Office? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Rang Today. There is one more person left to place in Batch 1.1 in Kerry.

Rang Today. There is one more person left to place in Batch 1.1 in Kerry.

Did they by any chance give any indication as to how many posts in Kerry were left to fill? Starting to get very worried at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Did they by any chance give any indication as to how many posts in Kerry were left to fill? Starting to get very worried at this stage...

The panel lasts for 2 years. More posts will likely come available all the time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

No, as someone said there, the panel lasts for 2 years. I'd say only 9 people were placed already,and some of them were probably also on the Limerick or Cork panels, and accepted a place on them. I think everywhere has been slow apart from the Counties with Cities

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Any news on tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yvonne27

just wondering does anyone have any update on the panel for Galway clerical officer?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

Is there any movement on Meath yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Anniesland

yvonne27 wrote: »
    just wondering does anyone have any update on the panel for Galway clerical officer?

I checked a few days ago and they have reached 10 in batch 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roseyd

3 have been placed, theres 7 in batch 1.1

• Advertisement
Advertisement