Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 croaghross1

Roseyd wrote: »
    3 have been placed, theres 7 in batch 1.1

Does anyone know how many in batch one altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Hi can anyone tell me if you get the all clear in all your garda vetting how long doest it take and how soon do you get the date and start the job...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Any update on Limerick?
    Was speaking with PAS over two weeks ago, don’t want to keep contacting/hassling them.
    Did the people who started last week like it so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭mur223

Hi there,
    I have submitted my Garda E-vetting application and also an application to get a Canadian Criminal check as I was told I had to get one if I was living abroad within the last 10 years.

PAS told me all they needed was a reference number or proof that it was sent off. Does this mean that they will take me on before the Canadian check has been returned and I can give it when it arrives?

Or do I have to wait until the Canadian check is complete, as I know they can take some time!

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

podsull1 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me if you get the all clear in all your garda vetting how long doest it take and how soon do you get the date and start the job...

Thanks

I just had vetting completed for a different job, it took just over a month.

DM26 wrote: »
    I'm mid 40s on Batch 2.1 and I've not heard a thing. It's all moving very slowly.

Sorry I'm just seeing your reply now, no I haven't heard a thing yet. I've called PAS a few times over the last few months, all i get told is that i will be alerted that there is a message for me in public jobs when an interview for me has been arranged.
    I'm in the top 10 in batch 2.1. They haven't reached interview stages for people in batch 2 at all yet regardless of what other people on this thread are saying. They are still in batch 1. I called PAS and that's what they told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Fracture wrote: »

I just had vetting completed for a different job, it took just over a month.

Hi but when you got it completed. When did you start

Thanjs

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Geranium40

Mskimee wrote: »
    Is there any movement on Meath yet?

Hi
    I emailed Meath County Council on Feb 23 and below is response. Hope this helps.

We are up to number 28 for temporary contracts, and up to number 22 for permanent contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

mur223 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I have submitted my Garda E-vetting application and also an application to get a Canadian Criminal check as I was told I had to get one if I was living abroad within the last 10 years.

PAS told me all they needed was a reference number or proof that it was sent off. Does this mean that they will take me on before the Canadian check has been returned and I can give it when it arrives?

Or do I have to wait until the Canadian check is complete, as I know they can take some time!

Thanks

HI Mur223
    Usually the vetting goes on in the background and doesn't affect your start date. That's what PAS told me before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

Thanks

Ive just under 5 weeks from getting first call from PAS with offer to start date. But i know someone who took six months. Once garda vetting and refs are sorted you will get a message from PAS saying HR in new dept will contact you. I got a call two hours later. Start date could havr been a week earlier but i had leave to take.

Hi but when you got it completed. When did you start

Thanjs

Yes, i started as soon as the vetting was completed, the vetting wasnt for a public job tho and had nothing to do with public job or the clerical officer role, it was for a role doing clerical type work in a facility for the elderly and people with disability's so for the protection of the people i would be around they had to be sure my vetting was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CorkCandidate

Any update on cork 2.1 batch? Anyone been called for revenue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

im in batch 2 and have heard nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 VintageMick

Roseyd wrote: »
    3 have been placed, theres 7 in batch 1.1

RoseyOD how recently were you in contact with PAS. I was told last week 5 had been placed and there were 6 in batch 1.1. But maybe 5 included internal transfers too and only 3 from open panel were placed. Not fully sure how the batches work tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Amandajo

Geranium40 wrote: »
    Hi
    I emailed Meath County Council on Feb 23 and below is response. Hope this helps.

We are up to number 28 for temporary contracts, and up to number 22 for permanent contracts.

I'm 15 for Meath and haven't heard anything yet, I asked last week and was told there are still 10 in front of me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wexford awake

Amandajo wrote: »
    I'm 15 for Meath and haven't heard anything yet, I asked last week and was told there are still 10 in front of me

Councils don't hire off this campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roseyd

RoseyOD how recently were you in contact with PAS. I was told last week 5 had been placed and there were 6 in batch 1.1. But maybe 5 included internal transfers too and only 3 from open panel were placed. Not fully sure how the batches work tbh.
    Tuesday week when I was in contact wit them, they never mention internal transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 319 ✭✭spupazza

Can anyone please tell me what they ask during the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

https://careerservices.ie/clerical-officer/the-role-of-a-clerical-officer

Hi, this is a chart that shows the subjects that are interested in analysing with you. They will actually tell you that you are going to talk about this..that ..the other... All you have to do is having come up with a representative and detailed example/story for each category regarding of course your working experience and behaviour and they will be highly satisfied. Hope you ll nail it. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

I'm currently a service officer in the civil service. I have applied for career break and it has been approved. I'm after getting called for an interview for a CO. If I'm successful at the interview will I be allowed take my career break ?

• Advertisement

Any update on cork 2.1 batch? Anyone been called for revenue ?

Cork has moved really fast in all fairness. They had already reached 30 in branch 2.1 in mid February. But it looks like it has slowed down now significantly as they are currently just on number 33 and they will hit number 40 in a few days, perhaps next week. These are all todays info. Hope that helps.

spupazza wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me what they ask during the interview?

https://careerservices.ie/clerical-o...erical-officer

Hi, this is a chart that shows the subjects that are interested in analysing with you. They will actually tell you that you are going to talk about this..that ..the other... All you have to do is having come up with a representative and detailed example/story for each category regarding of course your working experience and behaviour and they will be highly satisfied. Hope you ll nail it. Good luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Cork has moved really fast in all fairness. They had already reached 30 in branch 2.1 in mid February. But it looks like it has slowed down now significantly as they are currently just on number 33 and they will hit number 40 in a few days, perhaps next week. These are all todays info. Hope that helps.

Where were the last few positions for? Any idea?

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Where were the last few positions for? Any idea?

Sorry, didnt ask. I wonder if they would disclosure such a detailed information. But i do know that,in general, they have assigned candidates to Revenue, to Foreign Affairs, Garda Civilian, Central Statistics Office, Department of Agriculture and Department of Social Protection in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sondhi

Amandajo wrote: »

I was 31 on Meath, I got the Interview and got the result also.

Sorry, didnt ask. I wonder if they would disclosure such a detailed information. But i do know that,in general, they have assigned candidates to Revenue, to Foreign Affairs, Garda Civilian, Central Statistics Office, Department of Agriculture and Department of Social Protection in Cork.
    Somebody who work in the public sector told me, they were waiting for Brexit, before being hiring more people i

Just rang pas, their are in batch 2.1 including cork, number 35

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pippa800

I am number 13 in Cavan and Meath. I was told a few weeks ago that there were 8 to be placed ahead of me in Meath. There has been no placements in Cavan so far.... looks like it will be a long wait.

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Somebody who work in the public sector told me, they were waiting for Brexit, before being hiring more people i

Could be right. It's slow moving alright. Hope there will be no embargo in the event of a no deal Brexit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Amalia Scruffy Rim

Might be wrong thread, but sure anyway someone might know.... i just finished my first year probation anout a month or so and the eo said she signed off on it .... I got the yearly increase ... do I hear any thing back about my review/report my eo did or should I take it that I’m on the clear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭doc22

Might be wrong thread, but sure anyway someone might know.... i just finished my first year probation anout a month or so and the eo said she signed off on it .... I got the yearly increase ... do I hear any thing back about my review/report my eo did or should I take it that I’m on the clear

The review report should be on people point and is it not your HEO that should be signing it off. PMDS was EO and Probation was HEO for me. I take it you got a letter from relevant HR about permanency too

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭KevoS2009

Hi everyone ,
    I’m after being called for an interview for a clerical officer position in the civil service . Just wondering does anyone have any tips please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

KevoS2009 wrote: »
    Hi everyone ,
    I’m after being called for an interview for a clerical officer position in the civil service . Just wondering does anyone have any tips please ?

Brush up on GDPR and have examples ready to back up the points they sent you in your interview pack. Practice your answers and be prepared for different questions. There were two interviewing me, when you reply to one, the other night ask you something. Don’t let it fluster you, they are lovely but it feels a bit scary at first!

Mskimee wrote: »
    Brush up on GDPR and have examples ready to back up the points they sent you in your interview pack. Practice your answers and be prepared for different questions. There were two interviewing me, when you reply to one, the other night ask you something. Don’t let it fluster you, they are lovely but it feels a bit scary at first!

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Any update on Westmeath since?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

Any update on Westmeath since?

I was talking to them early last week and they had placed 9

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

KevoS2009 wrote: »
    Hi everyone ,
    Hi Do you mind me asking for which county?

Hi Do you mind me asking for which county?

It’s for Dublin. It’s part of the 2017 campaign though.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

Hi any word on limerick or tipp ? Thank you :)

• Advertisement

Just an update on the Kerry interviews. PAS are still currently on batch 1.1, they will be moving to 1.2 soon tho, there is around 10 people on batch 1.2.
    Kerry is very slow moving, PAS cant move any faster in Kerry as they are waiting for positions to come up in Kerry before moving forward with interviews.

Just an update on the Kerry interviews. PAS are still currently on batch 1.1, they will be moving to 1.2 soon tho, there is around 10 people on batch 1.2.
    Kerry is very slow moving, PAS cant move any faster in Kerry as they are waiting for positions to come up in Kerry before moving forward with interviews.

Still one Person, left in 1.1 yeah?. I rang over a week ago if not two weeks. There must be more than 10 in 1.2 because I am between No 10 and 12. Not unless some people on batch 1.2were placed on Cork or Limerick or Dublin panel, and that's what shortened it.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gerrro

anyone know about Limerick, i think they were up around 20 in batch 2.1 a few weeks ago

Still one Person, left in 1.1 yeah?. I rang over a week ago if not two weeks. There must be more than 10 in 1.2 because I am between No 10 and 12. Not unless some people on batch 1.2were placed on Cork or Limerick or Dublin panel, and that's what shortened it.

That could be the case alright, i'm honestly not sure. The person I was talking to at PAS said there was "around 10" people in 1.2, it could well be the case that there is 12 or as you've said that it has been shortened as people took places in Cork/Limerick etc. Hopefully it starts moving quicker soon. I'm glad the panel lasts 2 years, at the rate its going it could take that to get placement.

That could be the case alright, i'm honestly not sure. The person I was talking to at PAS said there was "around 10" people in 1.2, it could well be the case that there is 12 or as you've said that it has been shortened as people took places in Cork/Limerick etc. Hopefully it starts moving quicker soon. I'm glad the panel lasts 2 years, at the rate its going it could take that to get placement.

Chawk it down 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anmrh2018

any recent updates on mayo/galway panel? as per 28th Feb they have called 7 to Mayo and 10 to Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

anmrh2018 wrote: »
    any recent updates on mayo/galway panel? as per 28th Feb they have called 7 to Mayo and 10 to Galway

I was told recently that they are at 6 in Mayo and 11 in Galway.

Any idea how many are in each panel waiting for a job offer?
    Will they be calling a new group then to stage 2 or is there another group with stage 2 completed?

Mayo called I think upto 70 ish in the first batch for stage 2. I wonder how many passed and went onto the panel. If 30 or 40 are on the panel waiting for job offers it could be a long wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

Contacted Pas today they are still in the mid 20's for Limerick batch 2.1!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CorkCandidate

I am 40s on Cork 2.1 batch, called 5 wks ago was at number 21, called 4 wks ago was at number 28, called 3 wks ago was at 35 and just called again today and apparently it's still at number 35? Wtf! I'm starting to get impatient and wondering was all the hassle of going to Dublin for interview etc even worth it, so disheartening the way it just stops all of a sudden :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cocolee90

I'm starting to get impatient and wondering was all the hassle of going to Dublin for interview etc even worth it, so disheartening the way it just stops all of a sudden :(

Hi corkcandidate, I can really relate to this I feel I’m checking this thread constantly for any more updates on numbers :( but to be fair they’ve gone through at least 100 people so far in cork compared to some counties where they’ve not even gone through the top ten , so I’d say you are in a great position to get the call soon ! Very best of luck I’m sure it will be worth it in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 anmrh2018

Joe222 wrote: »
    I was told recently that they are at 6 in Mayo and 11 in Galway.

Any idea how many are in each panel waiting for a job offer?
    Will they be calling a new group then to stage 2 or is there another group with stage 2 completed?

Mayo called I think upto 70 ish in the first batch for stage 2. I wonder how many passed and went onto the panel. If 30 or 40 are on the panel waiting for job offers it could be a long wait.

I've no idea how many are in each batch or if a second batch have been called to interview. Im in the late 20's of batch 1

• Advertisement
Advertisement