Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Joe222

anmrh2018 wrote: »
    I've no idea how many are in each batch or if a second batch have been called to interview. Im in the late 20's of batch 1

For Galway or Mayo?
    If for Mayo I doubt if there would be 30 jobs before the panels close in 2020 but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Paddy93

I'm not able to attend my interview today I'm sick. I have a doctor cert would I be able to get my interview rescheduled.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

I am 40s on Cork 2.1 batch, called 5 wks ago was at number 21, called 4 wks ago was at number 28, called 3 wks ago was at 35 and just called again today and apparently it's still at number 35? Wtf! I'm starting to get impatient and wondering was all the hassle of going to Dublin for interview etc even worth it, so disheartening the way it just stops all of a sudden :(
    They have to wait for jobs to come up before they can allocate anyone from the panel, that's the reason for the slowdown in Cork. No jobs=no movement. It's frustrating but that's how it works. Hope you hear something soon-keep us posted. I'm in the late 80s so I've a bit to go yet.

Paddy93 wrote: »
    I'm not able to attend my interview today I'm sick. I have a doctor cert would I be able to get my interview rescheduled.
    You have to get on to PAS if you want to reschedule your interview-so do it asap, they're very good to deal with so I'm sure there'll be no problem once you tell them in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Carlisle2211

Hello again, I know I’m not being very patient but I’m just wondering does anyone know up to what number has been placed now for the Donegal panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭lotusm

anmrh2018 wrote: »
    I've no idea how many are in each batch or if a second batch have been called to interview. Im in the late 20's of batch 1

I have been called and was in top 5 in Mayo . being Garda Vetted at the moment which is taking ages and have not be given a start date to work ( I will have to give a months notice anyway). It will be likely be the middle of May then, hoping...

lotusm wrote: »
    I have been called and was in top 5 in Mayo . being Garda Vetted at the moment which is taking ages and have not be given a start date to work ( I will have to give a months notice anyway). It will be likely be the middle of May then, hoping...

Congrats.

Have you been told where you are going?

Is GISC also recruiting off the panel or is it a separate competition?

Any idea how many are in your batch?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jipzy

They have placed 5 from batch 1.2 in Westmeath

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Jipzy wrote: »
    They have placed 5 from batch 1.2 in Westmeath

Thanks for the update, it's good to see the panel moving again. Hopefully they get through that batch fairly quick and move onto 1.3 soon enough. There's a fair few in 1.2 though.

There are 30 people in the first panel in Mayo, 7 people have been placed.
    Don't know about Galway.

Hopefully people will be called quickly. I would imagine once they get to 20 or so they would need to call the next batch, but who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Four weeks into Garda vetting for working in a Garda station.. strand one is complete. Two more to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Four weeks into Garda vetting for working in a Garda station.. strand one is complete. Two more to go.

Hi what county is that for

podsull1 wrote: »
    Hi what county is that for

Tipperary

Tipperary

Congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

I'm 6 weeks into Garda vetting for a garda station. :D How do you know how far your vetting is along? Have you called them? I've not heard and wondering should I give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

Good Morning Samsgirl, how are you getting on?

May I ask? With the Garda Vetting for the job you have been called for, does that mean you have not started work yet and have you been given a start date yet?

Mskimee wrote: »
    I'm 6 weeks into Garda vetting for a garda station. :D How do you know how far your vetting is along? Have you called them? I've not heard and wondering should I give them a ring.

I'm going by the date I submitted it. I got a email back after 5 days saying the first check is complete but there are two more to do.

Good Morning Samsgirl, how are you getting on?

May I ask? With the Garda Vetting for the job you have been called for, does that mean you have not started work yet and have you been given a start date yet?

No start date yet. Not even reference checks done. They will do those once the vetting is complete. Long process that would test your patience but hopefully it will all be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

No start date yet. Not even reference checks done. They will do those once the vetting is complete. Long process that would test your patience but hopefully it will all be worth it.

A friend of mine had his vetting started back in the middle of December and it was only completed this week, they are moving on to the reference stage but still no sign of a start date.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    A friend of mine had his vetting started back in the middle of December and it was only completed this week, they are moving on to the reference stage but still no sign of a start date.

Anyone waiting for vetting in kerry very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Hemingway75

Thank you for reply Samsgirl. Fingers & Toes crossed it comes through soon for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

podsull1 wrote: »
    Anyone waiting for vetting in kerry very slow

No, just waiting on a job from the panel. Very Very Slow. Did u get a Garda Station?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Hey all, just got offered a clerical role with the guards, I really don't feel comfortable working there, is it possible toask pas for a different department?

You only get one offer. If you turn it down that's it...you're off the panel. Unless you are more than 45KM from the job location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Hey all, just got offered a clerical role with the guards, I really don't feel comfortable working there, is it possible toask pas for a different department?

Did they tell you where?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

No harm to inquire/ask before you accept or turn down the position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DM26

Congratulations CorkCandidate, fair play to you. No harm in chancing your arm and enquiring about the possibility of a different department, I suppose you'll never know if you don't?

Also, from my own selfish point of view, did they say what number they were on for Cork by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Amandajo

I got the call today for Meath got DSP, anybody got any experience on what it's like or how long clearance will take?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pippa800

Hi Amandajo, I can't help you with your query but a friend worked temporary in DSP in Cavan last year and found it very interesting she really enjoyed her time there.
    I am also on the Meath panel and am wondering how far down the list they are? I am the low teens.

pippa800 wrote: »
    Hi Amandajo, I can't help you with your query but a friend worked temporary in DSP in Cavan last year and found it very interesting she really enjoyed her time there.
    I am also on the Meath panel and am wondering how far down the list they are? I am the low teens.
    Hey pippa I was 16 in batch 1 for Meath
    Are you batch 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pippa800

I was in batch B1.2 in Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Any updates on Westmeath panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tringle

Amandajo wrote: »
    I got the call today for Meath got DSP, anybody got any experience on what it's like or how long clearance will take?

Im starting with DSP on Monday, clearance took one hour nineteen minutes.
    Well according to vetting website it did.

I got a call on a Tuesday afternoon offering me the place with 5 days to confirm. I officially accepted Thursday morning with details of my references and Thursday afternoon sent in garda vetting form. Both refs where contacted by email Friday morning and one responded immediately. The following Monday my EO got a phonecall from PAS (was a TCO). Tuesday morning got an email from garda vetting saying i was being processed and one hour nineteen minutes later another saying it was done. Ive no patience so emailed PAS who responded saying they had just received second ref and would receive a message on my public jobs account. That binged 10 minutes later saying HR from DSP would contact me soon. They did, it was only an hour later. And we agreed a start date less than 3 weeks later as i had holidays to take.
    It was that quick and that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

DM26 wrote: »
    Congratulations CorkCandidate, fair play to you. No harm in chancing your arm and enquiring about the possibility of a different department, I suppose you'll never know if you don't?

Also, from my own selfish point of view, did they say what number they were on for Cork by any chance?

Well done cork candidate, just wondering what number were you?

Anyone know what number the panel has reached in Cork Batch 2.1 please ?

tringle wrote: »
    Im starting with DSP on Monday, clearance took one hour nineteen minutes.
    Well according to vetting website it did.

I got a call on a Tuesday afternoon offering me the place with 5 days to confirm. I officially accepted Thursday morning with details of my references and Thursday afternoon sent in garda vetting form. Both refs where contacted by email Friday morning and one responded immediately. The following Monday my EO got a phonecall from PAS (was a TCO). Tuesday morning got an email from garda vetting saying i was being processed and one hour nineteen minutes later another saying it was done. Ive no patience so emailed PAS who responded saying they had just received second ref and would receive a message on my public jobs account. That binged 10 minutes later saying HR from DSP would contact me soon. They did, it was only an hour later. And we agreed a start date less than 3 weeks later as i had holidays to take.
    It was that quick and that simple.

Wow that's brilliant, hope mine is as quick. I know they have already contacted my refs, I completed my vetting application on Friday evening so I Imagine that wont even be looked at till tomorrow morning. I'm keen to find out what the work will be like. Congratulations to you tringle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

blondie007 wrote: »

At least 37. Could be in the 40s now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SB1891

blondie007 wrote: »

Just got called for the Guards in Cork today and I was number 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

SB1891 wrote: »
    Just got called for the Guards in Cork today and I was number 40.

Thats great congrats!!! Just wondering was your second choice Limerick? Hoping if Cork is moving along then that might make the list in Limerick a bit shorter if that is peoples second choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SB1891

Skippy21 wrote: »
    Thats great congrats!!! Just wondering was your second choice Limerick? Hoping if Cork is moving along then that might make the list in Limerick a bit shorter if that is peoples second choice?

Thanks, the vetting for the guards can take upto 12-14 weeks though. No Waterford was actually my first choice and Cork my second. Never got any word on the Waterford panel at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 VintageMick

Anyone got any updates on the Donegal panel at all?

• Advertisement

Any updates from anyone in Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Blubelle18

Any Laois/Offaly updates? Anyone attend interview for either area?

Any updates from anyone in Kerry?

My Friend Rang about Kerry Today. Still no Further movement. In fact hasn't been any movement since February. One Person still left in batch 1.1 in which there were 10 in total. So only 9 people placed so far and one more left before they go on to batch 1.2

lamb stew wrote: »
    My Friend Rang about Kerry Today. Still no Further movement. In fact hasn't been any movement since February. One Person still left in batch 1.1 in which there were 10 in total. So only 9 people placed so far and one more left before they go on to batch 1.2

Thanks lamb stew, appreciate it.

So frustrating regarding the pace of the panel movement in Kerry in comparison to everywhere else.

Thanks lamb stew, appreciate it.

So frustrating regarding the pace of the panel movement in Kerry in comparison to everywhere else.

I know, and I was hoping I'd get something before Brexit

lamb stew wrote: »
    I know, and I was hoping I'd get something before Brexit

You honestly think it will have that big an effect on the PAS taking on new staff?! I don't understand the full ramifications of them taking on new staff with Brexit looming in the background if I'm being honest...

You honestly think it will have that big an effect on the PAS taking on new staff?! I don't understand the full ramifications of them taking on new staff with Brexit looming in the background if I'm being honest...

Just hoping the Govt wouldn't put an embargo on new staff, if our economy takes a major hit because of Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Roseyd

Anyone got any updates on the Donegal panel at all?
    They hav started on batch 1.2 was told a few deferred from batch 1.1 n they may b offered places 1st though

Any news on louth and Monaghan panel?

• Advertisement

Any news on louth and Monaghan panel?

Advertisement