Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

Are there any Cork candidates here, or that you know off, that have been placed in a position outside Cork city centre? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sadiemai

Anyone know if there has been movement in Tipperary?? I had an interview early March and wondering if they are hiring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Sadiemai wrote: »
    Anyone know if there has been movement in Tipperary?? I had an interview early March and wondering if they are hiring

Were you batch 1 or 2?... What was your OOM if you dont mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sadiemai

Were you batch 1 or 2?... What was your OOM if you dont mind?

Batch 2 OOM 22

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

Got called for interview today for limerick I'm in the 90's for batch 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Morshemallow

Redcat75 wrote: »
    Got called for interview today for limerick I'm in the 90's for batch 2

Same. Got my interview date for the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Morshemallow

Same. Got my interview date for the 17th.

Yep I am 9am also! They are probably doing a good few then I'd say.

Yep I am 9am also! They are probably doing a good few then I'd say.

Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Larryduff2018

Any movement on westmeath or roscommon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I recently, anecdotally, heard that westmeath is up to number 17 on batch 1. But I can not confirm or deny whether that number includes transfers

Last i heard of Roscommon it was at number 4, but that was 2 months ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 r65

Got placed in the Dept Ag, in the "Asset Management" role in Accounts section.
    What would that entail, can anyone tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Laois was moving with placements in Agriculture. I have not heard of any Offaly placements from the external panel😒

• Registered Users Posts: 17 noodlestrudle

Anyone know is there any movement on kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mull91

Westmeath have placed up to and including 7 on batch 1.2, phone PAS last week and they said there are 1 or 2 that have deferred due to distance also

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Mull91 wrote: »
    Westmeath have placed up to and including 7 on batch 1.2, phone PAS last week and they said there are 1 or 2 that have deferred due to distance also

HI..yes I was offered a position and deferred due to distance. I am number 5 on batch 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8 VintageMick

Murzo wrote: »
    Mull91 wrote: »

HI..yes I was offered a position and deferred due to distance. I am number 5 on batch 2
    What happens when you defer? Do they come back to you when another area is available? Do they give a time frame?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

What happens when you defer? Do they come back to you when another area is available? Do they give a time frame?

Yes, as far as I know. If you are unable to take a position it does not mean they move you out of the panel.

Hi VintageMick...you still hold your position. So the next time they have an offer to make they will call me. This happens if you are more than 45KM from the location they offered you.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Perez2017

I have been offered a role in revenue. I know pay is small. Does anyone have any details on holidays, hours, etc. Also would revenue be a nice department to work in? Thanks.

Perez2017 wrote: »
    I have been offered a role in revenue. I know pay is small. Does anyone have any details on holidays, hours, etc. Also would revenue be a nice department to work in? Thanks.

I done a temp Clerical Officer role in Collector Generals last year, i enjoyed it. It's interesting. I'm hoping to get revenue myself if they ever get around to interviewing me and i pass that. My other half works in revenue too, she loves it. What department did they offer you?

• Advertisement

Fracture wrote: »
    I done a temp Clerical Officer role in Collector Generals last year, i enjoyed it. It's interesting. I'm hoping to get revenue myself if they ever get around to interviewing me and i pass that. My other half works in revenue too, she loves it. What department did they offer you?
    girl told me on the phone it would be revenue. Didn't mention other departments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

My husband was told he couldn't defer?

Edit: just seen you can if you live over 45km away

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DM26

Any word on Kerry and Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Clericalgirl

Are Westmeath still on 17?

DM26 wrote: »
    Any word on Kerry and Cork?
    I just called them, they've called up 26 people to interview from Kerry, there is a total of 43 in batch 1. Then the numbers in batch 2 are from 44 to 186 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

I just called them, they've called up 26 people to interview from Kerry, there is a total of 43 in batch 1. Then the numbers in batch 2 are from 44 to 186 people.

Did they say how many had been placed in a job, have they moved to 1.2 yet

lamb stew wrote: »
    Did they say how many had been placed in a job, have they moved to 1.2 yet

Those numbers they have interviewed are part of both batch 1.1 and 1.2 as far as i know. When i was talking to PAS before they said they were just getting into batch 1.2. They only call people for interview if they have places available, that's my understanding of it anyway. I know there is still 17 people to be interviewed until they reach batch 2, some of those people might have found a job outside of the public service at this stage or will have by the time they get the call for interview so hopefully it will move a little faster.

I'm mid twenties in Kerry, got no call at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

Any updates on Cork? Last post I saw here was they'd placed up to number 40 in Batch 2.1. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 gerrro

Up to mid 50's batch 2.1 in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

DM26 wrote: »
    I'm mid twenties in Kerry, got no call at all....

Called last week and things haven't moved in about 2 months. There was still 1 person left in 1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

gerrro wrote: »
    Up to mid 50's batch 2.1 in limerick

Hi Gerro, did you contact PAS today? As I’m late 50’s and the last time I contacted them they were in the mid 20’s. Be great if it moved that fast.

Skippy21 wrote: »
    Hi Gerro, did you contact PAS today? As I’m late 50’s and the last time I contacted them they were in the mid 20’s. Be great if it moved that fast.

PAS contacted me this evening to say they had reached my oom and was I interested in proceeding, my oom 54

blondie007 wrote: »
    Any updates on Cork? Last post I saw here was they'd placed up to number 40 in Batch 2.1. Thanks

I'm mid 40s in 2.1 and have had no correspondence either.

PAS contacted me this evening to say they had reached my oom and was I interested in proceeding, my oom 54

Hi , is that for job offers ? I have interview next week for limerick and I'm in the 90's

• Advertisement

Redcat75 wrote: »
    Hi , is that for job offers ? I have interview next week for limerick and I'm in the 90's

Ya it's an offer said they'd send off the Garda vetting should be starting in a few weeks or so

Ya it's an offer said they'd send off the Garda vetting should be starting in a few weeks or so

That's fantastic ! Congrats and hope it goes well :)

Congrats that’s great news! Do you know where you are being placed? Is it revenue?

Congrats that’s great news! Do you know where you are being placed? Is it revenue?

Office of the revenue commissioners limerick is all I know at the moment, not sure which house that is, sarsfield or river

I got a phone call as well this evening. Got offered a position in the office of revenue commissioners Limerick. I was the late 50’s batch 2.1.

• Advertisement

I got a phone call as well this evening. Got offered a position in the office of revenue commissioners Limerick. I was the late 50’s batch 2.1.

Nice one well done

I've passed the garda vetting etc so waiting on a call for start date. Does anyone know how long the start date could be as will have to hand in my notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

Perez2017 wrote: »
    I've passed the garda vetting etc so waiting on a call for start date. Does anyone know how long the start date could be as will have to hand in my notice?

I've seen a few posts with people saying they had holidays etc and PAS were happy to work around them so I'd imagine it's the same with notice period. I'd assume start period is at least 2-4 weeks after the call depending on department. Congrats on your job!

Mskimee wrote: »
    I've seen a few posts with people saying they had holidays etc and PAS were happy to work around them so I'd imagine it's the same with notice period. I'd assume start period is at least 2-4 weeks after the call depending on department. Congrats on your job!
    Thanks.

Any update on Westmeath?

Any update on Westmeath?

Think they are at number 17...its moving really really slow. Considering this panel opened last November they have only reached this number. In previous panels they'd have been at number 17 after a couple of weeks.

I'm on the panel which started on 24th January 2019 and ends 24th January 2020.. Last interview was 22nd January.. I went for the clerical officer competition ran by the council itself not the PAS one.. Are there different panels run at the same time? I was told they would not start a new panel unless previous ones were expired so I'm rather confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I'm on the panel which started on 24th January 2019 and ends 24th January 2020.. Last interview was 22nd January.. I went for the clerical officer competition ran by the council itself not the PAS one.. Are there different panels run at the same time? I was told they would not start a new panel unless previous ones were expired so I'm rather confused

I’m not sure are you on this panel cause this competition started in summer 2018.

Just rang Westmeath HR and they're on number 13 from my panel.. I enquired whether there were different panels open at the moment for clerical officers there and they said no there is only 1 panel? Very odd..

Just rang Westmeath HR and they're on number 13 from my panel.. I enquired whether there were different panels open at the moment for clerical officers there and they said no there is only 1 panel? Very odd..

This is not the Clerical OFficer competition that this board is about. You are on a different panel. This competition was rung by Public Appointment Service late last year for Clerical Officers Nationwide. There is no expiry date on this panel but they generally run for two years before they announce a new competition. Good luck with your own panel...hope you get something.

• Advertisement
Advertisement