Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I have never worked in the public sector or even applied. What exactly is a "clerical officer"?

Is it basically admin/shuffling paper?

Yes it is.

A great job to be fair and I would recommend it to anyone

I had no idea what a clerical officer role entailed either before I applied for it, but I have to say, it has exceeded expectations

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Perez2017

Rikand wrote: »
    Yes it is.

A great job to be fair and I would recommend it to anyone

I had no idea what a clerical officer role entailed either before I applied for it, but I have to say, it has exceeded expectations
    Why is it so great?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 VintageMick

Does anybody know how the donegal recruitment is going, I'm hoping they are in to batch 1.2 at this stage, seems a bit slow.
    I'm early batch 1.2 and haven't heard a thing yet so I'd say they are still on batch 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Michaelhiggins

I'm early batch 1.2 and haven't heard a thing yet so I'd say they are still on batch 1.

So they've only started 5 or 6 people since Christmas. Why do they bother intervewing if they don't need staff, I nailed the interview and felt great then I've heard nothing in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Donegaljohn

So they've only started 5 or 6 people since Christmas. Why do they bother intervewing if they don't need staff, I nailed the interview and felt great then I've heard nothing in months.

I'm early batch 1.2 as well and thought I would have started weeks ago.
    They need to get the finger out for donegal. I heard there are 20 odd clerical officers going to starting in buncrana soon for a new paternal benefit department, I'll believe it when I see it.

I know it's frustrating how slow it is. It's just a waiting game unfortunately!

I know it's frustrating how slow it is. It's just a waiting game unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Drieneba44!

I applied directly to a Clerical Officer Role in Clare county Council in February and have been called in May for an interview.

Does any one know why they would run an independent recruitment process if there are people they could choose from on the national Clerical Officer campaign in 2018?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I applied directly to a Clerical Officer Role in Clare county Council in February and have been called in May for an interview.

Does any one know why they would run an independent recruitment process if there are people they could choose from on the national Clerical Officer campaign in 2018?

This panel is for Clerical Officers in the Civil Service not local councils.

The councils almost always recruit directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Drieneba44!

no I doubled checked there its the Clare County Council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Waffleturd

Did you apply for a role with that council? That's presumably the reason you've been called. Councils never recruit from civil service panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Hi guys are Laois TCO jobs with council or civil service?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MCLAW

Snicks wrote: »
    Hi guys are Laois TCO jobs with council or civil service?

Hi Snicks, county council. Just filling in application now and my God do they look for everything. I can't remember my leaving cert results let alone leaving cert number. You'd imagine your 3rd level results would be enough. Closing date is Thursday at 12 I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Clericalgirl

Waffleturd wrote: »
    Did you apply for a role with that council? That's presumably the reason you've been called. Councils never recruit from civil service panels.

I applied for TCO through public jobs for civil service and got a call from dublin city council and still here so councils do recruit from civil service panels.

Yes, but this thread you are writing on here is for Clerical Officers in the Civil Service only.

So to answer your original question, there is no national panel for the councils.

Waffleturd wrote: »

I applied for TCO through public jobs for civil service and got a call from dublin city council and still here so councils do recruit from civil service panels.

The TCO campaign is advertised for both public and civil service but the permanent CO campaign is advertised for civil service only. Its an unusual one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I'll just go and ask the dogs then. Paper shufflers it is.

Why bother posting in this thread if your gonna be an a******?
    You can google what a clerical officer does in this country, and believe me it's more than "shuffling paper", in fact even a TCO does more than "shuffling paper" ya arrogant gobs***e.

Fracture wrote: »
    I'll just go and ask the dogs then. Paper shufflers it is.

Why bother posting in this thread if your gonna be an a******?
    You can google what a clerical officer does in this country, and believe me it's more than "shuffling paper", in fact even a TCO does more than "shuffling paper" ya arrogant gobs***e.

OMG too funny 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

Just found out I passed the interview and got a new order of merit for Limerick. Hugely surprised as attack of the nerves dehibilitated me midway through and I was positive I failed !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

My sister just got her results for Limerick interview. She is hoping for Tipp but the panel is not moving as fast. Would it be worth holding out for Tipp or take Limerick and hope for a transfer down the line?

connectq wrote: »
    My sister just got her results for Limerick interview. She is hoping for Tipp but the panel is not moving as fast. Would it be worth holding out for Tipp or take Limerick and hope for a transfer down the line?

I'm in the same position as we will be living outside nenagh. Congrats to your sister . If I get offered anything within the 45 min drive ill take it and apply for a transfer in 2 years .

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Redcat75 wrote: »
    I'm in the same position as we will be living outside nenagh. Congrats to your sister . If I get offered anything within the 45 min drive ill take it and apply for a transfer in 2 years .

Ya it think she should do that too and apply for mobility once she starts and hopefully after two years she might be closer to a move to tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kerry gold

Any movement on the Kerry panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

connectq wrote: »

What number is she in Tipp? I'm in top 15 and got an offer in February.

Samsgirl wrote: »
    What number is she in Tipp? I'm in top 15 and got an offer in February.

I'm in the 50's batch 2 for Tipperary but I won't get my new order of merit until the interview up to my number for this panel.
    I got a new oom in the 20's for limerick after interview which I was not expecting , I was in the 90's . I'm slightly confused thus year with the batches as they seem to be different for each area as opposed to one size fits all.

Ps congratulations on the job offer, have you started yet ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

I rang PAS today- they're up to number 59 on the Cork panel, Batch 2.1

Pas are up to 78 in batch 2.1 for limerick. 85 in the batch

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Donegaljohn

Flying in donegal, 6 in batch 1.1.
    I wish pas had of explained this whole batch craic when they give out the results, I still have no idea how they work. I didn't even know there where different batches till about a month after the interview results.

Redcat75 wrote: »
    I'm in the 50's batch 2 for Tipperary but I won't get my new order of merit until the interview up to my number for this panel.
    I got a new oom in the 20's for limerick after interview which I was not expecting , I was in the 90's . I'm slightly confused thus year with the batches as they seem to be different for each area as opposed to one size fits all.

Ps congratulations on the job offer, have you started yet ?

No, am still in Garda clearance since Feb as I have been placed in a Garda station.
    Hang on in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Kerry gold wrote: »
    Any movement on the Kerry panel?

Its only crawling I'd say. Heard here about 2 weeeks ago that that last person in 1.1 was gone in to clearance. I havent rang in about 3 weeks but it's been very very very slow. March saw no movement atall

• Advertisement

Flying in donegal, 6 in batch 1.1.
    I wish pas had of explained this whole batch craic when they give out the results, I still have no idea how they work. I didn't even know there where different batches till about a month after the interview results.

Haha, I phoned pas today, they have started on batch 1.2 apparently, there only are 6 in batch 1.1. Aye its annoying discovering your low number is in a different batch that nobody explains.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Carlisle2211

any idea how many are in n batch 1.2 on Donegal panel

any idea how many are in n batch 1.2 on Donegal panel

No idea but with only 6 started in 5 months could be a long wait for anybody down the list unfortunately, just hope things speed up soon for everyone patiently waiting.

Might have been asked before and even by me but..... I'm currently in the public sector and on point 3 on the clerical officer scale.
    When I start in the civil service, will my payscale transfer or will I start at the bottom again?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Kevin17W

Clerical Officer (Dublin only) campaign has just gone live on publicjobs for anyone that may be interested. Deadline next week April 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Kevin17W wrote: »
    Clerical Officer (Dublin only) campaign has just gone live on publicjobs for anyone that may be interested. Deadline next week April 30th

I had a look there is no mention of supervised tests. Straight to interview after stage 1 to fill 250 vacancies initially. I don’t know are they worried too many people will opt out, if the recruitment takes a long time.

I had a look there is no mention of supervised tests. Straight to interview after stage 1 to fill 250 vacancies initially. I don’t know are they worried too many people will opt out, if the recruitment takes a long time.

I haven't had a change to read over the process but is it the usual scenario questions, then OOM and from this on to interviewing stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

MCLAW wrote: »

I haven't had a change to read over the process but is it the usual scenario questions, then OOM and from this on to interviewing stage?

Looks like it, there is 250 vacancies and interviews to be held the middle of May. Unless they do testing the same day as interviews, but there is no mention of supervised tests in the booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chatty

Any movement on Carlow/Kilkenny panel?
    I interview back in October and have heard nothing since in batch 1.1 for both regions.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Augustduck

chatty wrote: »
    Any movement on Carlow/Kilkenny panel?
    I interview back in October and have heard nothing since in batch 1.1 for both regions.

I phoned last week and they were on position 22 in Kilkenny on the panel..... Soooo slow, I am in the 40s, it's terribly slow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 shanz2018

I got offered a post today for Donegal, it in the buncrana office. The lady said she has a list to get through for buncrana today so seems like they are taking on quite a few. Has anyone heard of any positions being filled in letterkenny/Donegal town from this panel? It seems like they're only taking internal transfers out of buncrana for other locations in Donegal? Wondering if it would be worth my while deferring buncrana and hope that something will come up for letterkenny/Donegal town as they would be better location wise for me as buncrana is about an hour away? Or should I take buncrana and then apply for mobility!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chatty

Augustduck wrote: »
    I phoned last week and they were on position 22 in Kilkenny on the panel..... Soooo slow, I am in the 40s, it's terribly slow

Thanks for the update I’m in the 40’s for Kilkenny also, but early teens for Carlow.
    When I rang last month I was advised not to call back for a minimum of 3 months. Things are moving really slowly.
    Lucky I was offered a position today on the temp panel for Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Snicks

Yep never understand that about Leaving Cert especially if you have qualified in more after

• Registered Users Posts: 15 annieholmc

Hiya, has anyone any feedback on the job in Limerick who has recently been placed? I’m in batch 2.2 and just wondering where people have been placed and if they like it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Bredamb

Does anyone know if anything is happening in Clare please?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

annieholmc wrote: »
    Hiya, has anyone any feedback on the job in Limerick who has recently been placed? I’m in batch 2.2 and just wondering where people have been placed and if they like it. Thanks.

About 24 were placed in March 11th in Revenue spread out over different sections.12 went to LPT call centre including myself,just heads up if you go to call centres and there are several in Limerick you will be working 9 to 5 and won't get full flexi as in other dept. A lot of people were not happy as they had young family's and weren't informed until they started so be prepared,a lot of training for first few weeks.Overall I like LPT call centre as the work is very varied and the day flys.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Perez2017

About 24 were placed in March 11th in Revenue spread out over different sections.12 went to LPT call centre including myself,just heads up if you go to call centres and there are several in Limerick you will be working 9 to 5 and won't get full flexi as in other dept. A lot of people were not happy as they had young family's and weren't informed until they started so be prepared,a lot of training for first few weeks.Overall I like LPT call centre as the work is very varied and the day flys.
    i thought it was half 9 to 5? No flexi at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 annieholmc

Great, thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shanz2018

Hi, does anyone know if temporary term time contracts count towards service for increments in the pay scale? TIA

• Advertisement

shanz2018 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if temporary term time contracts count towards service for increments in the pay scale? TIA

Yes.

Advertisement