Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clerical Officer 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

Yes.
    They do once the contracts were in the civil service or the public sector like the HSE etc

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gerrro

For the people starting in limerick on may 7th have ye been asked for any references i still haven't been asked for one

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Skippy21

gerrro wrote: »
    For the people starting in limerick on may 7th have ye been asked for any references i still haven't been asked for one

I’m starting the following week and I know my reference has been contacted! Do you know what dept you are starting in?

Skippy21 wrote: »
    I’m starting the following week and I know my reference has been contacted! Do you know what dept you are starting in?

Just told to arrive on Tuesday, did someone ring you

Just told to arrive on Tuesday, did someone actually ring you and ask for you ref or was an email sent

• Advertisement

gerrro wrote: »

Just told to arrive on Tuesday, did someone actually ring you and ask for you ref or was an email sent

I sent you a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roseycheeks

Perez2017 wrote: »
    i thought it was half 9 to 5? No flexi at all?
    You can still come in early and build up the usual 1 1/2 day plus you get an extra half day credit on top for call centre people so that's 2 extra days off a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mull91

Westmeath have reached upto 8 on batch 1.2 anyway, I got the call this week, got offered State Exams in Athlone.

My current job is contracted to the State, does anyone know if I can carry over service towards the incriment scale?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Mull91 wrote: »
    Westmeath have reached upto 8 on batch 1.2 anyway, I got the call this week, got offered State Exams in Athlone.

My current job is contracted to the State, does anyone know if I can carry over service towards the incriment scale?

Are you working as a TCO? Then any service accrued can be carried over? Congrats on the job offer....are you accepting?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Alexandragr

To whole it may concern...PAS contacted yesterday the 60th person from Cork 2.1. It looks like it picked up again and it's moving reasonably fast.

Does anyone know the reasons and the logic behind the 2 year awaiting for transfer eligibility? Why people can't just apply even from the first month at work and then just wait? None of the reasons that I try to think of, actually makes a difference on whether someone will leave their post on the first month or the 3 year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Mull91

Murzo wrote: »
    Are you working as a TCO? Then any service accrued can be carried over? Congrats on the job offer....are you accepting?

Cheers Murzo.

Working with a private company at the min, contracted to a government body, a friend said to try it anyway and see would I be able to carry anything over? Nothing to lose I guess?

Yep have accepted, sent the Garda eVetting this morn ðŸ‘ðŸ»ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lorkyporky

I'm another who got places in AGS and got an email yesterday to say my clearance had passed and someone from Garda HR would be in touch to discuss start date etc. Then today got a call to say this was done in error and clearance still not passed! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SB1891

lorkyporky wrote: »
    I'm another who got places in AGS and got an email yesterday to say my clearance had passed and someone from Garda HR would be in touch to discuss start date etc. Then today got a call to say this was done in error and clearance still not passed! :(

Oh thats so frustrating, how long have you been waiting on the vetting? I got AGS in Cork.. they told me 12 weeks to complete, its such a long process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Keiss_myass

To whole it may concern...PAS contacted yesterday the 60th person from Cork 2.1. It looks like it picked up again and it's moving reasonably fast.

Does anyone know the reasons and the logic behind the 2 year awaiting for transfer eligibility? Why people can't just apply even from the first month at work and then just wait? None of the reasons that I try to think of, actually makes a difference on whether someone will leave their post on the first month or the 3 year.

Congrats,which department did you get may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

That's brilliant, just wondering what department did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Mskimee

Any idea where the meath panel is at? I accepted a place in Westmeath because I was in the 70s for meath but wondering if I should have held out for my first choice.

Hi, I am afraid the 60th person wasn't me..😊.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

You can apply straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lorkyporky

SB1891 wrote: »
    Oh thats so frustrating, how long have you been waiting on the vetting? I got AGS in Cork.. they told me 12 weeks to complete, its such a long process.
    I got called in mid Feb so thought that it would have been quite quick to have cleared vetting already, but still frustrating.

Mskimee wrote: »
    Any idea where the meath panel is at? I accepted a place in Westmeath because I was in the 70s for meath but wondering if I should have held out for my first choice.

HI Mskimee...they are at number 18 I think...or thereabouts. I spoke to PAS yesterday and they said there is a lot of movement in Westmeath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lamb stew

Suppose there's no update on the Kerry Panel by anyone

fin12 wrote: »
    You can apply straight away.

thanks, but even if you apply straight away they wont transfer you as soon as there is a vacancy..they will exam the application after 2 years isnt that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭connectq

Check out this website for full details https://hr.per.gov.ie/civil-service-mobility/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ciao Belle

Hi all

Just a quick one due to start with AGS in Navan on 27/05/19 but have holidays for a family wedding planned the 06/06/19 to the 12/06/19....do you think this will be okay? I was afraid to say it when assigned because they were already pushing out my start date due to my final exams....

Ciao Belle wrote: »
    Hi all

Just a quick one due to start with AGS in Navan on 27/05/19 but have holidays for a family wedding planned the 06/06/19 to the 12/06/19....do you think this will be okay? I was afraid to say it when assigned because they were already pushing out my start date due to my final exams....

It wont be a problem. Just tell them the first day you start. You are entitled to annual leave so it will come out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pippa800

Hi Ciao Belle
    I am just starting on the vetting process for AGS in Navan... can you tell me how long it took to get through vetting please?( I'm an older candidate...so lots of addresses to check)
    I would be very interested to hear how you get on....the very best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

pippa800 wrote: »
    Hi Ciao Belle
    I am just starting on the vetting process for AGS in Navan... can you tell me how long it took to get through vetting please?( I'm an older candidate...so lots of addresses to check)
    I would be very interested to hear how you get on....the very best of luck to you.

Mine started at the end of Feb and not through yet.

pippa800 wrote: »
    Hi Ciao Belle

Started mine in late feb and nothing back yet, but they did say it takes a while. I was told minimum 12 weeks. :)

Started mine in late feb and nothing back yet, but they did say it takes a while. I was told minimum 12 weeks. :)

I emailed them and they said two strands of clearance were back and no timeline on the third one.

• Advertisement

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I emailed them and they said two strands of clearance were back and no timeline on the third one.

At least its moving so. Is the third one the last one do you know? I can't wait to get started and feel like I'm wrecking heads by ringing them!! :D

At least its moving so. Is the third one the last one do you know? I can't wait to get started and feel like I'm wrecking heads by ringing them!! :D

Yes, think the third one is the last one. Very long process!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows how far they are along in the Kildare or Meath regions?

Any update on Kerry Region????

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭EireinOZ

Hi everyone, any update on Cork? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 29 liniloo

Em2157 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows how far they are along in the Kildare or Meath regions?

I've been called to Stage 2 for Meath next Friday, 17th. I was in the early 100's after Stage 1. Don't know about Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Any update on Wicklow or Kildare anyone?

It looks like no one is ringing PAS for an update on their County anymore. It's almost like we've given up

EireinOZ wrote: »
    Hi everyone, any update on Cork? TIA
    I rang PAS yesterday & they were on number 61, Batch 2.1 for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

lamb stew wrote: »
    It looks like no one is ringing PAS for an update on their County anymore. It's almost like we've given up

Going by the last panel theres over a year and a half left on this one...many many people will be called before it ends. I wouldn’t worry. I know the wait is long...I was placed off this panel and started in March but it’s such a slow process from filling out the application form to start date for me was 9 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I called about a week ago asking for info on Kerry, the panel hasn't moved in about a month.

• Advertisement

If you worked for another government body before I know you can carry over your increments to the
    Civil service but can you also carry over your service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

If you worked for another government body before I know you can carry over your increments to the
    Civil service but can you also carry over your service?

Increments = Service??

But that doesn't effect probation in a new role.

Increments = Service??

But that doesn't effect probation in a new role.

Does that mean I can put in for a transfer sooner? Or have I to still be two years in my current position before I’m eligible for a transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

Does that mean I can put in for a transfer sooner? Or have I to still be two years in my current position before I’m eligible for a transfer?

It will still be at least a 2 year wait for transfer as you just serve in a particular area for 2 years before being eligible for transfer (though you can apply on your first day there and when you are eligible it is back dated to the date you applied. You will still have 1 year probation regardless of previous service.

Previous service only affects the incremental credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 GKE

Does anyone have a rough idea what numbers they are at for Tipperary and Limerick?

Just called PAS, Cork wont move further than 61 bunch 2.1 for another month or so cause they got very busy with other counties. ( Thank god iam not number 62) I wish there was a website page with the counties's progress, updating every now and then ..Its so awkward calling all the time. I even started apologising for bothering them haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Any update on Kerry Region????

Hi I got an email friday with an application form to complete and send back for interviews starting the end of May? Did you receive anything similar? thanks

Just called PAS, Cork wont move further than 61 bunch 2.1 for another month or so cause they got very busy with other counties. ( Thank god iam not number 62) I wish there was a website page with the counties's progress, updating every now and then ..Its so awkward calling all the time. I even started apologising for bothering them haha
    Thanks a mil for that info. I'm no 89 in that batch so I guess it'll be another while before I get a call depending on job availability. I'm hoping one of the departments does a recruitment drive so we won't be waiting too long more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭revoke12

Just wondering can someone give me some insight, sent off application form today and a copy of my cert i got in college, its looking for leaving cert results but dont have a copy on hand no idea where they are, only got the email friday so didnt have enough time to obtain a copy is this an issue I typed down what i got just dont have proof

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

GKE wrote: »
    Does anyone have a rough idea what numbers they are at for Tipperary and Limerick?

I know job offers for limerick have reach batch 2.2 I'm to wards the end in the 20s so not sure what number. I've heard nothing on tip .

• Advertisement
Advertisement